stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

I thought the NBA All-Star Game was last week (SAC 176 LAC 175)

It's common practice here on the East Coast that sports enthusiasts sleep through the midnight West Coast games and read the accounts of the results the following morning.

I was particularly interested in the Kings/Clips game as I roster Fox and Sabonis in a year-long Best Ball league. In a nutshell that's a great contest, my entry is one of five in a five-way logjam for the top spot, but that's another story for another day.

7:00 am, roll out of bed, go through the usual morning routine, you know, hit the header, grab some coffee, log on and check the personal and business emails, check the bank accounts, look out the window to make sure some foreign country hasn't leveled us overnight...

Before I digress (or is it too late for that?) I proceed to check out NBA.com for the West Coast results.

SAC 176 LAC 175 (2 OT)

Knee jerk reaction #1 "WTF, are you kidding me here, where's the defense"?
    Knee jerk reaction #2 "These are All-Star game numbers, I thought they did that last week"?

Not everybody likes to watch the NBA's version of a 4 x 100 track meet, there are still a lot of us that appreciate team defense.

Looking at the box I see 76 three-point shots were attempted, of which 45 of those shots were failures.

It just may be me, but I really don't care to watch one player shoot, and the other nine players on the court stand around picking their asses while the ball is in the air.
    As I said, it just may be me though.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

The best comment I heard was from Kings coach Brown. " Both teams played some great defense"

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

League is an absolute joke. I imagine all the starters will have to sit out the next 4 games to rest.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Craziest thing about the game was the Clippers blowing a 14 point lead with under 5 minutes left due to turnovers.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 160

Both joke teams

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

fade both next game

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    fade both next game
    Don't know about the Kings, they are young. They might even get a momentum boost since they came back twice and won.

Clips on the other hand...only god and kawhi know how long he's going to sit out after last night. Lol

stevenash

Like I said I didn't watch second one of that game, but piecing together everything from the available data, it looks like Sabonis fouled out pretty early.

Monk scored 45 off the bench?
    Crazy shit.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401469057

bigtymer56

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Like I said I didn't watch second one of that game, but piecing together everything from the available data, it looks like Sabonis fouled out pretty early.

Monk scored 45 off the bench?
    Crazy shit.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401469057
    Yea Monk was just on fire.The clips possessions to end the 2OTs we're both hilariously bad. 2 chances to win and neither one ends with your star who was also on fire all night taking the shot. Clips scoring 175 and still found ways to lose. Impressive.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

I actually watched this game since I had Kings +7.5 in my pocket. The truth is both teams played hard on defense but there was elite shot making in this game. Monk and Fox combined for around 90 points. That's why the Kings ended up winning the game because those two would not be denied. It was almost like watching them back at Kentucky for me. I know people bad mouth the NBA but that was just an exciting game last night if you ask me who happs to be someone who actually watched the game.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    I actually watched this game since I had Kings +7.5 in my pocket. The truth is both teams played hard on defense but there was elite shot making in this game. Monk and Fox combined for around 90 points. That's why the Kings ended up winning the game because those two would not be denied. It was almost like watching them back at Kentucky for me. I know people bad mouth the NBA but that was just an exciting game last night if you ask me who happs to be someone who actually watched the game.
    And that's what happens to those who can't stay up until 2:30 am to watch certain games, they have to piece together what happened from data, which more times than not tell most of the story but not always the whole story.

Good post JR.
    Thanks.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

i hate the clippers... they always find a way to screw me

i was 3-0 on the night so i tossed in a NBA 3 team ML parlay of the home teams suns, warriors, clippers... for plus money

I've been so hot... when I lose its because of weird s h i t like that. I should've cashed out end of 3rd Q. the clippers have the worst player in the league, Batum.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16012

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    And that's what happens to those who can't stay up until 2:30 am to watch certain games, they have to piece together what happened from data, which more times than not tell most of the story but not always the whole story.

Good post JR.
    Thanks.
    It was actually a pretty good game. I thought the Kings were going to lose late in the game and fail to cover the +7.5 but Fox brought them back with some timely steals and easy baskets at the other end. Monk made a clutch three with one second left to send the game to the first OT. The Clippers could've fouled up three but the problem was Fox drove the ball to the rim and if they fouled he could have gotten the old fashioned three point play but instead he kicked it out to his buddy Monk who made the game tying 3. I really hope these two teams meet in the playoffs because I think it would be an epic series.