Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Joe Burrow says there were discussions of NOT playing week 18

This is starting to make me sick, these guys need to get the shit straight and go play or just shut the f uck and go away. This nonsense has to end immediately
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawkwind, and beerman2619

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

yep

Its a violent game

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 859

They have already made the game soft. The hardest hit all year was Hamlin hitting the ground. Should have flagged the Bengals for that. I vote for them all to just go away. Give the money back. IDGAF.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

My uncle drives for Pro-Disposal. A few years ago, they pulled one of his regular guys off of his route and put him on another route with another driver. Later that day, the guy(who was only 19) and the other driver were picking up a dumpster. A cable snapped and the kid got crushed between the dumpster and the truck. He died from the horrific accident.

https://wjactv.com/news/local/man-ki...johnstown-area

Everyone knew the kid and liked to work with him and they said that he would do anything to help. My uncle was pretty shook up over what had happened considering that the kid was supposed to be working with him that day doing their recycling route.

Everyone continued to pick garbage that day and the rest of the week, and no one missed work.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I'm pretty sure the medical crew down on the field yelled... "HE'S NOT BREATHING!" I noticed one medical personnel run like a bat out of hell... to get other equipment. Naturally... this made things much more intensified and emotional on the field... and the players freaked out.

I understand... it's unusual... but I thought medical personnel was supposed to remain calm at all times? Word traveled fast.... MNF... world wide feed... and now you have this.

I get it... you don't make $45,000 a game... some make $1,000,000 a game. It's the risk you take... to make the money you do. And now they are complaining???
    Last edited by TheMoneyShot; 01-04-23 at 06:03 PM.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

NFL triggers SBR posters so much. It makes me laugh.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Joe Burrow is friends with Ryan Leaf and often gets advice from him. He attended his camp as a youth.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Why? Because we compare how the real world works from what it is like to live in the fantasy world of playing sports?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

It's the current world. EVERYONE gets triggered for different things. It's football. No one cares about it for 6 months a years.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I'm pretty sure the medical crew down on the field yelled... "HE'S NOT BREATHING!" I noticed one medical personnel run like a bat out of hell... to get other equipment. Naturally... this made things much more intensified and emotional on the field... and the players freaked out.

I understand... it's unusual... but I thought medical personnel was supposed to remain calm at all times? Word traveled fast.... MNF... world wide feed... and now you have this.

I get it... you don't make $45,000 a game... some make $1,000,000 a game. It's the risk you take... to make the money you do. And now they are complaining???
    If a guy isn't breathing then yelling and running for equipment seems perfectly appropriate, does it not? Now if he started crying and praying, then that's inappropriate.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Why? Because we compare how the real world works from what it is like to live in the fantasy world of playing sports?
    Why compare? It’s been like this since you were born. This is life, you aren’t going to change it. Rich people have advantages, poor people have disadvantages, famous people have advantages, non famous don’t. It’s the way it is and you will never ever change it so why let it upset you?
    If the Bengals decided they didn’t want to play and you truly want to show your frustration then don’t watch the sport. But you better have another 10 million people who will follow you or you just wasted your time. But let’s be honest football is an addiction and gamblers can’t stay away

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22858

Let these NFL Pansies & Wimps quit & get a real job working 40-60 hours a week for $50-70K a yr bringing home 25-40% less after deductions for taxes, ins, pension & more get 2 wks off aftr 5 yrs & 6-10 sick days & down to 6-8 holidays. FNFL

Just because this was witnessed live some people are Freaking out GAFL this happens daily everywhere. So Penetrate them.

I hope for nothing but the best for this young Man & by the Grace of God a Full Recovery.

For the rest of them F-K em
    Points Awarded:

stake1 gave hawkwind 7 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    It's the current world. EVERYONE gets triggered for different things. It's football. No one cares about it for 6 months a years.
    Here’s the thing though, it my opinion don’t bitch just to bitch. If you truly have an annoyance with something you have two options. Option 1 you bury it and shut your mouth or option 2 you start some sort of movement. In this case there’s no movement because you have to know the audience, no one is going to come out and say well we don’t care about that bills player as long as we get football. So the solution is to move on and shut up about it or never watch football again.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Let these NFL Pansies & Wimps quit & get a real job working 40-60 hours a week for $50-70K a yr bringing home 25-40% less after deductions for taxes, ins, pension & more get 2 wks off aftr 5 yrs & 6-10 sick days & down to 6-8 holidays. FNFL

Just because this was witnessed live some people are Freaking out GAFL this happens daily everywhere. So Penetrate them.

I hope for nothing but the best for this young Man & by the Grace of God a Full Recovery.

For the rest of them F-K em
    They don’t need to. They developed a talent for many years while you were screwing off and they are reaping the benefits because of it. You are a cog in the wheel who has no voice and they have a voice and you are so triggered about it

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

What good would not playing do? Is everyone gonna sit around until he recovers?

Kermit

Why compare? It’s been like this since you were born. This is life, you aren’t going to change it. Rich people have advantages, poor people have disadvantages, famous people have advantages, non famous don’t. It’s the way it is and you will never ever change it so why let it upset you?
    If the Bengals decided they didn’t want to play and you truly want to show your frustration then don’t watch the sport. But you better have another 10 million people who will follow you or you just wasted your time. But let’s be honest football is an addiction and gamblers can’t stay away
    If the Bengals don't want to play, then no one is watching them.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Nothing to see here folks.
    "Side discussions"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...20the%20Ravens.

goduke

If the Bengals don't want to play, then no one is watching them.
    I meant for you to never watch football again. That’s your only recourse or you just bend the knee and say nothing and call the nfl your daddy

Kermit

I meant for you to never watch football again. That’s your only recourse or you just bend the knee and say nothing and call the nfl your daddy
    If teams don't want to play, it isn't affecting me, it is affecting the entire league. It isn't fair to the other players.

jjgold

Give him a forfeit, and you’ll see how fast they play

Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

It's in their contract to play games. If they don't play they don't get paid

stevenash

It'll never happen in Goodell's league.
    Goodell is judge, jury, and executioner in the NFL, and he's pure evil.
    He knows one thing, the all mighty dollar.

mjsuax13

Everything triggers you guy. You have a comment on everything.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

They are acting like he got hit and his head popped off.

mjsuax13

If teams don't want to play, it isn't affecting me, it is affecting the entire league. It isn't fair to the other players.
    You mean the guys that need to actually make a living and don’t have $100 million guaranteed? Yes, those guys. Businesses don’t shut down for anything. That’s real world. My business partner keeled over in the office with a heart attack 2 years ago. Guess what? We got back to work.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    It'll never happen in Goodell's league.
    Goodell is judge, jury, and executioner in the NFL, and he's pure evil.
    He knows one thing, the all mighty dollar.
    Just like the owners and the players. Dog eat dog.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Everything triggers you guy. You have a comment on everything.
    My comment was about the crying in this thread. So many whiners

goduke

Life isn’t fair. It’s a league built on more than a few players that got shafted. You seem to have no problem with black people getting their land stolen from them historically. You were anti against giving them their land back but now you fight for the 700k nfl role player? Make up your mind

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

What we're witnessing is pro football unraveling in real time. The players union will demand more equipment and safety features, fans will complain that the game has got too soft, the league will make rules adjustments on these targeting calls, the NCAA will follow suit and also adjust rules on violent hits...the violent game that sports fans love is being questioned by the athletes that play it. As time goes on it will become more of a game of flag football.

And who knows? Maybe that's what's best. But one thing is for sure.

People on this website will whine about it for years.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

Obviously suspending the season is taking it too far, I mean we all want Damar to heal asap.

jjgold

Cancel Culture

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    What we're witnessing is pro football unraveling in real time. The players union will demand more equipment and safety features, fans will complain that the game has got too soft, the league will make rules adjustments on these targeting calls, the NCAA will follow suit and also adjust rules on violent hits...the violent game that sports fans love is being questioned by the athletes that play it. As time goes on it will become more of a game of flag football.

And who knows? Maybe that's what's best. But one thing is for sure.

People on this website will whine about it for years.
    Once we heard the Pro Bowl game would be an official Flag Football game... lol the sh## hit the fan.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

There is more coverage for this kid than on 9/11…I get it we all want the kid to survive, but enough is enough already. NFL players are such hypocrites as they celebrate huge hits and dance around when the player they hit is laying there.

just look at this past Sunday with Foles. The dude from the Giants is doing snow angels in celebration while Foles is right next to him and convulsing. Bullshit he didn’t see him injured as he went to the sideline and made the sleeping gesture while the medical personnel were working on Foles.

They can cancel the rest of the season for all I care….cancel the CFB championship also
    Points Awarded:

mjsuax13 gave Booya711 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22858

They don’t need to. They developed a talent for many years while you were screwing off and they are reaping the benefits because of it. You are a cog in the wheel who has no voice and they have a voice and you are so triggered about it
    you have no clue what u r talking about when i take a sh-t it sounds like u. then it gets flushed & u & yours bath in it.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Just like the owners and the players. Dog eat dog.
    Dog eat dog indeed, but shit rolls down hill (God, I hate that line, but it applies) and Goodell is atop of the shit hill.

123 Last