OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5228

THE NFL is killing teams now

the extra week now it's 9 roads and 8 homes plus many give up a home game playing away international

really they need to go back to old format 4 weeks pre season 8 home 8 roads

the injurie list now past 2 years is insane after 1st 6 weeks multiple players on IR season ending

like yesterday Titans 7 straters OUT vs Jaguars at home wam pow kaboom runover and Jaguars who were - 26 ats bolted up to plus 17.5 ats and the last time jags won @ titans was in 2013

and teams playing 3 games in not 21 days but 12 which happend to patriots at home and bills destroyed them

and Chiefs defense is very leaky giving denver 21 points after going up 27-0 in 1st half

KC needs help on defense fast before getting to SB

gonna be fun to watch if it's eagles vs Chiefs but i cant see any other team in NFC beating the eagles

the additon of nodamka suh a SB champion has bolstered that defense

even tho i learned ago teams that get in off lowest ranked s o s 100% losers and some were favs

15-1 panthers -5 straight up hammered by broncos top ranked D

Seattle long ago +5 vs steelers got blown out

Patriots - 12 18 wins s/u fell apart to giants defense dead l;ast sos that year for brady patsies

Rams - 12 vs patriots low ranked sos scored over 500 points shut down in sb

Rams again with HC mcvay got in on low ranked sos +2 points hammered in 4th quater lost 13-3

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

I imagine the long-term goal is 8 home, 8 away, 1 International for each team every year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

last man standing

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

8-9 likely to make the playoffs in the south

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I imagine the long-term goal is 8 home, 8 away, 1 International for each team every year.
    eventually I believe owners will get to an 18 game schedule. believe that is what they wanted this last time and settled for the ridiculous 17 games

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8394

disagree. Its better now. More teams make it and more teams alive for the playoff later in the season. Preseason is horrible. No need for 4 preseason games. They should reduce it to 2 preseason games and have an 18 game regular season.

I would have no problem with them cancelling TNF however. Maybe do a double header on MNF instead with a West Coast game every Monday as the second half of the double header after an ET game. Game one starts at 7:05pm ET and game 2 starts at 7:20pm PT. The 5:15 kick off for a weekday MNF game for those on the West Coast isn't great.

also, its not 8 home and 9 away for every team every year. One year you get 9 home, the next you get 8.

OldBill

DWIGHT i know that but that extra game if it away and any team that gets in as wc is dead meat forced to play 4 roads with no reast none won it or covered except 49ers last year +4 @ rams lost by 3

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8394

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    DWIGHT i know that but that extra game if it away and any team that gets in as wc is dead meat forced to play 4 roads with no reast none won it or covered except 49ers last year +4 @ rams lost by 3
    I am pretty sure most of the players on that team will be happy to be in the playoffs with a chance to win the SB. Also, take into consideration that an injured player might be ready to come back in time to play in the playoffs if their teams squeaks in with a longer season. Such as a Cooper Kupp this year even though the Rams won't likely have a chance or a Jimmy G even though Purdy looks amazing so far. I am sure there are many other names. Also, take into consideration, even if a team is out of playoff contention now (or if they did an 18 game season with only 2 preseason as I suggested), then they can play some prospects for the following season but with the added benefit of playing with mostly starters rather than mostly preseason players and up against possible playoff teams which will give the coaches a better look at what they can do.

Just food for thought.

Foxx

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    eventually I believe owners will get to an 18 game schedule. believe that is what they wanted this last time and settled for the ridiculous 17 games
    Super Bowl will be in March before you know it. I liked the way it was before. 17 is definitely a queer number, not that there's anything wrong that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

stake1

Super Bowl will be in March before you know it. I liked the way it was before. 17 is definitely a queer number, not that there's anything wrong that.
    x100 me too
    either that, or they start the season in august, which is also dumb. bad enough the first 3-4 regular season games= the preseason

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

SBR is a safe haven for LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ

get rid of preseason. start labor day weekend. 17 games. 19 weeks. extra bye week. kinks can be worked out in games that matter and at least if someone gets injured it was doing something important rather than some preseason crap. no byes after week 13 if it can be done.

only bad thing is with 19 weeks and starting labor day you are still finishing 2nd week of january.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

Foxx

Yeah, 2 bye weeks would cool, and time one of them with the teams' Thursday night game so you don't have teams playing on 3 days rest and prep time.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11618

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    the extra week now it's 9 roads and 8 homes plus many give up a home game playing away international

really they need to go back to old format 4 weeks pre season 8 home 8 roads
    Horrible road map for chasing revenue (which means this would never happen), but a 14 game season - 7 home & away w/ ZERO pre-season would be great. League wide Week 8 bye.

Less injury, longer careers - and greater importance to regular season games.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

They should play 25 games a season. I want entertainment.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26359

We all know there will be 18 games eventually, I just hope they give each team 2 bye weeks and of course 2 preseason games. Start the preseason a week earlier to accommodate the extra bye week.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Yeah, 2 bye weeks would cool, and time one of them with the teams' Thursday night game so you don't have teams playing on 3 days rest and prep time.
    I'm hearing double byes are going to be a thing of the future, probably within two years.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I like the extra games. These guys get paid millions. Good entertainment.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

if you go 18 games without 2 bye weeks teams will rest players. having 4-8 teams playoff hopeful is what the league wants. they go to an 18 game season probably gonna be 8 playoff teams each side as well. nothing wrong with 4 preseason games, just don't play guys that you know are gonna be on the team. coaches need those games for evaluation.

Salam
    Salam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10044

They killed the Washington Redskins.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I like the extra games. These guys get paid millions. Good entertainment.
    NFL players are low paid. NBA overpaid but they rest on actual work days.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    MLB most over paid athletes in world

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    MLB most over paid athletes in world
    I tend to agree with this, to a point.
    Baseball is a 162 game grind, March-October marathon so I can understand the big contracts, but most of them are too big.

jjgold

On most days most players don’t even work up a sweat

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

Players are simply too big, fast, strong and quick to play 17 games without getting injured; the preseason games should be eliminated and the schedule cut back to 14 games.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    True that.

LB first time in many years... haven't watched one NBA game this year and haven't placed one wager this season. Haven't turned on a TNT broadcast.... sure I check the scores and lines... it's absolute garbage and no pattern to anything. Hey if Adam Silver wants that kind of product so be it... I have no idea what type of audience keeps it alive?

As far as I'm concerned.... the only entertainment is the NBA Playoffs.

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18947

18 game season over 20 weeks with teams having 10/11 day breaks either side of Thursday Night Football. The NFL will introduce Wednesday Night Football which will work the same way as TNF. Every team will get 2 mid-week games per season. Technically no bye-weeks.

OldBill

it's just too much now they should quit international games like almost 100% teams playing in london never play in the superbowl

and patriots got murdered in schedule playing 3 games in 12 days 4 games in 22 days instead of 28

massive injuries to all teams this year like titans vs Jags they had 7 starters out and just fell apart after starting out 14-0

Cardinals vs Patriots what a joke a 4-8 team favored vs a better AFC team 1st play starting QB for cards out of game which i think was better bringing in mccoy fresh legs but once again penalty after penalty a fumble and int gave patsies 2 td's

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6139

How can they quit international games? Doesn't the NFL have like a 15 year contract with Tottenham?