JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I'm with Directv and the genie DVR for years.

I hate watching commercials. Love the option of recording and fast forwarding thru them. Love the option of recording shows or games when I'm not around and or busy also and viewing them later on. You don't get that option with internet TV. You pay to play though with Directv.. Movie channels aren't that cheap either. I have them all. I love Directv!

Directv better straighten this shit out!
    Points Awarded:

koz-man gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It sucks that you always have to factor in internet price/speed when you purchase something like YouTube TV. In Detroit they have been running specials with Xfinity and WOW... $29.99 a month internet speed for 1 year. Hopefully you have a provider you can switch to.... and hopefully lower your bill.
    My options are Frontier and Optimum.
    I'm not allowed satellite.
    Frontier is not very reliable with discount prices though.
    Optimum is highly rated, maybe the best in the business, and they know it and overcharges.

I choose Optimum, my bread and butter is IT, I need quality, not cheap ass service.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'm with Directv and the genie DVR for years.

I hate watching commercials. Love the option of recording and fast forwarding thru them. Love the option of recording shows or games when I'm not around and or busy also and viewing them later on. You don't get that option with internet TV. You pay to play though with Directv.. Movie channels aren't that cheap either. I have them all. I love Directv!

Directv better straighten this shit out!
    I love wagering on a game.... i'll hit the pause button (live TV) or record it.... wait about 45 minutes to an hour... come back to the game... watch the entire game commercial free.... (fast forward through it) and boom... best entertainment. I can't stand these commercials while watching live....

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I choose Optimum, my bread and butter is IT, I need quality, not cheap ass service.
    I hear you on that... Xfinity used to be very expensive in Detroit... and there's this other option called WOW... and literally your internet will go down at least once every 3 days or so... very annoying. With Xfinity I get a ping around 8ms.. very helpful... with a low speed. WOW comes in at a ping around 52ms. Such a joke. Hope everything works out for you Nasher. It sucks when your back is against the wall... should be easier.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I love wagering on a game.... i'll hit the pause button (live TV) or record it.... wait about 45 minutes to an hour... come back to the game... watch the entire game commercial free.... (fast forward through it) and boom... best entertainment. I can't stand these commercials while watching live....
    Needless to say if you have to take a leak you can pause, if you are hungry and need to cook or order in food just pause. After that then just push play and when the commercials come just fast forward thru them.

It's the only way to fly when watching games! DVR's are awesome!

stevenash

I hear you on that... Xfinity used to be very expensive in Detroit... and there's this other option called WOW... and literally your internet will go down at least once every 3 days or so... very annoying. With Xfinity I get a ping around 8ms.. very helpful... with a low speed. WOW comes in at a ping around 52ms. Such a joke. Hope everything works out for you Nasher. It sucks when your back is against the wall... should be easier.
    I'll update you.
    I'm still working on cord cutting options, like I've said, cutting the cord isn't simple and I am a career IT geek.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I'll update you.
    I'm still working on cord cutting options, like I've said, cutting the cord isn't simple and I am a career IT geek.
    IPTV is an option. I tried it when it originally first came out years ago. I'm sure they made it a tad better... but I'm skeptical in regards to consistent 1080i resolution and also 5.1 digital audio. To some people... it may not matter. Then I heard the channels change frequently when you're trying to access some sports games etc. I heard it's pretty damn good for huge movie vault.... but you can get better quality with Netflix, HBO Max, even Prime Video... for free.

If IPTV was perfectly set up... with no issues at all... I'd easily pay $25.00 a month for it... but sometimes there's a lot of buffering. There's guys on youtube who sell it for around $15.00 a month... and they show you how to set it up using an Amazon Fire stick.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Internet tv is for broke bastards that are glued to their free smart phones which they got on contract with a provider and have a dated old small screen wanna be smart tv at home if you ask me.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16303

Deal was reached 2 hours ago!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    Inevitable, just like ABC some eight years ago when the same bullshit was tried right before the big Oscars night.
    Of course everything would be worked out, just a power play is all,

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

No one cares. No one in their right mind watches fox news. If you do you need to reconsider your decisions in life.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

We ARE NOT Missing 1 episode of TUCKER CARLSON Boys!!
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    No one cares. No one in their right mind watches fox news. If you do you need to reconsider your decisions in life.
    I guess that you are into the more "Alternative" style of news.

No shame in that. Diff'rent strokes for Diff'rent folks.

TheMoneyShot

The interesting thing.... there was no report of DirecTV losing Fox News. It was just the Fox Networks that covered sports.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    I don't know the ins and outs of this dispute but it's a good opportunity to remind members that FOX programming is currently available to everyone, World-wide, on-line...for free. (This is not the case with CBS, NBC, ESPN, etc). Set your VPN to a US location and click on the FOX website and the programming you receive matches the US IP address. Want the NFL game that's showing on FOX in Chicago? Set your VPN to Chicago and go to the website. Want a different game that's showing in Seattle? Just set your VPN to a Seattle IP address. There is a 1 hour time limit to your viewing but if you close your browser then clear both your cookies and DNS cache the clock timer will reset to 1 hour once you re-open the browser and return to the site. This is safer than using streaming sites and the time delay is greatly reduced.
    Easy way to set your VPN for those of us who aren't tech savvy?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Americans lives revolve around television

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Americans lives revolve around television
    True, Americans don't read books anymore and that's why we are all getting so damn stupid!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Jobbbby what was the last book you read??????????

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    We ARE NOT Missing 1 episode of TUCKER CARLSON Boys!!

semibluff
    Thanks for all the fish.
    semibluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18983

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Easy way to set your VPN for those of us who aren't tech savvy?
    Pretty much every paid VPN lists a location for every IP address. If you don't have a paid VPN the best free VPN options are ProtonVPN and PrivadoVPN. ProtonVPN doesn't list locations in their free service so you have to go to an IP identifying page such as IPleak.net/ to see where each IP location is, and then change to the next of 60 free US IPs if it isn't what you want. The trial and error is a bit of a pain but there's no download limit and the product is extremely good. ProtonVPN normally has Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, & Seattle. PrivadoVPN has a monthly 10GB limit which will do for 1 or maybe 2 NFL games, but it'll get eaten up in a hurry if you stream. PrivadoVPN is easier to navigate but it's a lower quality product. PrivadoVPN's servers are in Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, & Washington DC. I don't know if all of those locations are available in the free version. If you want a quality cheap VPN then NordVPN or SurfShark are the top options. Use the Wireguard option to stream if it's available because it's much faster than OpenVPN protocols.
    Last edited by semibluff; 12-04-22 at 02:10 PM.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Didn't lose anything

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Guy that Big O & myself use says VPN not necessary when cord cutting.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Jobbbby what was the last book you read??????????
    The Bible

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    The Bible
    Sci Fi fan, eh?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Sci Fi fan, eh?
    Alot of wisdom can be learned by reading the bible, old and new.. Try reading it some time and not just bashing it blindly..

Don't knock it Jake even if you don't believe and because you never read it..

One of my favorite quotes form Proverbs -

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
    6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.[a]

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Sci Fi fan, eh?
    Agree with Jibbbs, there are books of ancient wisdom there that transgress time.

Times change but people don’t. Ancient words of wisdom are evidence of that.

We’re talking about wisdom passed down and it applies today. I’m not talking about faith, like Jibbbs’ example, I’m talking about the wisdom words, like many other proverbs.

You don’t have to believe in God to appreciate the words of wisdom in the Bible, but the more you appreciate the words in the Bible the more you might feel closer to God.

Just beware of the ancient wisdom of not twisting the word or even the wisdom itself.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I've read the Bible pal. King James and the Catholic bible. The ending is a revelation!

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I've studied all the world's religions. The universal message is the same. Sadly it's perverted by many.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I've studied all the world's religions. The universal message is the same. Sadly it's perverted by many.
    I too have studied the religions and history of the religions, have a great book here that outlines so many of them. Let's not confuse the ancient words of wisdom with religion or faith.

That's a mistake.

When it comes to the ancients, of course the wisdom is the same. Like I said, times change people don't. That's true across cultures of history.

Ancient wisdom has value and perpetual truths and shouldn't be convoluted with religion or faith and it's one of the reason I thought Jibbb's example wasn't the best to put out there, in terms of the wisdom. But a decent one in terms of faith.

Fascianting though, ain't it jaker? Ended up being one of the more interesting things I studied amidst my biopsychology and philosophy backgrounds.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

...Sadly it's perverted by many.
    Even the quote Jibb's gave can be twisted.

Some might think that when you are ill that you don't need to lean on man's understandings (like modern medicine) and should just rely on prayer and faith.

Scholars would say that's twisted. Others would say it's literal. But taking everything in context I think it's reasonable to go see a doctor when ill, and allowed under the law of God.

stevenash

All myths begin with a kernel of truth.

First 12