jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We shall see
    USC next week will be a close game

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Anyone see Nick Saban's speech to allow Alabama in? lol You can't allow a 2 loss team in the playoffs.

1. Georgia
    2. Michigan (weak tit team)
    3. TCU
    4. USC

Michigan TCU game... SUPER JUICY

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 192

The more I think about this Ohio st will not get in

please explain the exact what needs to he plan here ,???

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

To address some of the comments. I bet 5k to win 100k. I put the amount in so people can see my belief in the play. As for attention I’ve been here for so long on this site attention is the last thing I give a shit about here. I do this because I like talking about sports, I like trying to predict the outcomes/scenarios that can happen.
    Could I be wrong here? Maybe it won’t be the first time. But you can find a thread I did years back when Bama lost I think the iron bowl or some game like that and everyone said they were out of the playoff and I correctly said that they would make it in and win it all. Actually you can find quite a few threads where I’ve seen the outcome in college football.
    I believe in this play and if you disagree with it that’s ok bet against me. No problem here.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post

If usc loses or tcu they’ll get in. If both win I think Ohio state gets knocked out

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Anyone see Nick Saban's speech to allow Alabama in? lol You can't allow a 2 loss team in the playoffs.

1. Georgia
    2. Michigan (weak tit team)
    3. TCU
    4. USC

Michigan TCU game... SUPER JUICY
    I think saban needs tcu and usc to lose and both of them to lose by double digits in my opinion for Bama to sneak in

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    5k? They might not even have a chance to play... Not a good bet at all in my opinion, but good luck man
    This was a team that -750 to get into the playoff before Michigan and second best odds to win it all at +150 I believe. I think it’s a pretty good bet.

That being said I would be lying if I didn’t watch usc the last two weeks and not think they have the pieces to beat anyone. Williams is a very impressive qb

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Just need usc to lose. Playing Georgia in Atlanta will be a bitch.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    To address some of the comments. I bet 5k to win 100k. I put the amount in so people can see my belief in the play. As for attention I’ve been here for so long on this site attention is the last thing I give a shit about here. I do this because I like talking about sports, I like trying to predict the outcomes/scenarios that can happen.
    Could I be wrong here? Maybe it won’t be the first time. But you can find a thread I did years back when Bama lost I think the iron bowl or some game like that and everyone said they were out of the playoff and I correctly said that they would make it in and win it all. Actually you can find quite a few threads where I’ve seen the outcome in college football.
    I believe in this play and if you disagree with it that’s ok bet against me. No problem here.
    You risked 5k for Ohio State to win the Championship? I mean... I believe in taking "educated risks"... but Ohio State seems buried at the moment. You aren't sweating bullets right now? I would.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

This was a team that -750 to get into the playoff before Michigan and second best odds to win it all at +150 I believe. I think it’s a pretty good bet.

That being said I would be lying if I didn’t watch usc the last two weeks and not think they have the pieces to beat anyone. Williams is a very impressive qb
    Who offered? Also who took that bet?

5,000 on a future bet that no line was out yesterday?

Come on man!

“Biden”

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post

If USC and/or TCU lose (both are only 2.5 point favorites on neutral fields) the OHIO State will very likely take the #4 spot because:

1) they are currently #4 in the AP and The Coaches Poll so the CFB Committee is very likely feeling the same way.

2) USC would have 2 losses. that is 99% a dealbreaker as no 2 loss team has ever made the CFP and only one 2 loss team ever made the BCS title game (LSU in 2007 when it was absolute mayhem).

3. TCU will have lost to a low ranked K State team while Ohio State's loss was to #3 michigan. if TCU loses a close one to K State they probably still make it in at #4.

4) Georgia only needs to beat LSU by 1 point in order to maintain the #1 spot.

5) Purdue will not beat Michigan. period. even if McCarthy gets hurt, backup McNamara has a ton of starting experience and he will keep the Wolverines losing.

6) Bama and Clemson have two losses, they are basically out.

mark my words:

If Georgia and Michigan win on Sat by at least 1 point or more each, and USC loses to Utah by any margin whatsoever, then Ohio State will jump USC and be in the College Football Playoff.

at that point it won't matter if TCU wins or loses, the 4 teams would be:

Georgia
    Michigan
    TCU
    Ohio State

homie1975

Georgia or Michigan would murder USC on a neutral field. they do not have the defense and have not faced a D like Georgia or Michigan.

on a neutral field, TCU has the mustard to beat USC also.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Who offered? Also who took that bet?

5,000 on a future bet that no line was out yesterday?

Come on man!

“Biden”
    It was on DK yesterday right after they lost

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

you are insane

they don't "want it"

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19557

Even if Ga, Mich, TCU and USC win, Ohio St. will leapfrog USC based on their name.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Even if Ga, Mich, TCU and USC win, Ohio St. will leapfrog USC based on their name.
    Usc is in if they Win. Ohio is done

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

I hope you're right.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    5) Purdue will not beat Michigan. period. even if McCarthy gets hurt, backup McNamara has a ton of starting experience and he will keep the Wolverines losing.
    McNamara is out for the year. Unavailable.

homie1975

Zero zero zero chance ohio state leapfrogs usc if usc wins on friday.

USC will be #4 on the tuesday rankings and ohio state cannot leapfrog when they are not even playing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

homie1975

McNamara is out for the year. Unavailable.
    Whoa. Okay JJ had better stay healthy

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

good luck normally I wouldnt want osu to win but for your sake I hope they do somehow. it would help you tremendously if tcu and usc lost their conf chip games and both could lose especially tcu.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    good luck normally I wouldnt want osu to win but for your sake I hope they do somehow. it would help you tremendously if tcu and usc lost their conf chip games and both could lose especially tcu.
    if TCU loses a close one to K-State, say single digit loss instead of double digits, i still think they get in the CFP at 12-1

however,

if USC loses by just 1 point on the last play of the game, they are OUT. 2nd loss (both to Utah) and they are OUT

the only teams that can lose and still get in are Georgia, Mich, TCU, especially if they are close losses.

Ohio State will be sitting at #5 and will have their voodoo dolls out sticking pins in caleb williams and max duggan

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

if TCU loses a close one to K-State, say single digit loss instead of double digits, i still think they get in the CFP at 12-1

however,

if USC loses by just 1 point on the last play of the game, they are OUT. 2nd loss (both to Utah) and they are OUT

the only teams that can lose and still get in are Georgia, Mich, TCU, especially if they are close losses.

Ohio State will be sitting at #5 and will have their voodoo dolls out sticking pins in caleb williams and max duggan
    I dont think a big 12 team can afford to lose this late and still get in even if its a last play loss in their conference championship, maybe if youre named oklahoma or texas but no one else in the big 12 I dont think. a one loss tcu drops below a one loss osu. tcu can't afford to lose period not this late. we've seen pretty much all these scenarios play out in the past. and teams that lose even in their conference championship game we've seen teams not playing in those games move up after those losses, it doesnt seem right but its what happens, bama has played in and won national titles before without playing in their conference championship game.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-27-22 at 11:47 PM.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever

Zero zero zero chance ohio state leapfrogs usc if usc wins on friday.

USC will be #4 on the tuesday rankings and ohio state cannot leapfrog when they are not even playing.
    They got in a few years ago on the same kind of BS and they bring big ratings; it's certainly feasible.

homie1975

They got in a few years ago on the same kind of BS and they bring big ratings; it's certainly feasible.
    You mean 2014 or 2017?

Completely different situations.

They will be ranked #5 on tuesday behind #4 usc.

The ONLY way they get in is if USC loses or maybe maybe maybe if tcu or mich get blown out.

homie1975

In 2014 they destroyed Wisconsin in the big 10 title game hence they leapfrogged tcu.

TheMoneyShot

Even if somehow USC loses to Utah... if the Committee still sticks Ohio State in at #4.... it's a disgrace. Michigan whooped Ohio State's ass by 22 on their own soil. I'm sorry.... they don't deserve to be in the Top 4.

I don't recall Nick Saban or even Ryan Day... or any reputable coach BEGGING TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. It's really absurd. But they're doing it now.

homie1975

Even if somehow USC loses to Utah... if the Committee still sticks Ohio State in at #4.... it's a disgrace. Michigan whooped Ohio State's ass by 22 on their own soil. I'm sorry.... they don't deserve to be in the Top 4.

I don't recall Nick Saban or even Ryan Day... or any reputable coach BEGGING TO BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. It's really absurd. But they're doing it now.
    so you are saying USC with 2 losses would be more deserving to be in the playoff than a 1 loss Ohio State team who beat ND and pummeled everyone else except Penn State?

1 bad day vs 11 good ones, and they should be thrown out of the mix and passed over by teams who lost multiple games?

I get it that you're upset your Ohio State bet crashed and burned but this is crazy talk.

AP and Coaches Polls have Ohio State at #5.

CFP committee will also have them at #5 tomorrow.

book it.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

0% chance USC is out if they win. Zero point zero zero

CFP would die for LA being in the playoffs

not only will they be in, but they’ll jump TCU, win or lose, and play in the fiesta. Avoid traveling to Atlanta to play Georgia.

Georgia will get TCU or Ohio State

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

not only will they be in, but they’ll jump TCU, win or lose, and play in the fiesta. Avoid traveling to Atlanta to play Georgia.

If TCU and USC both win, the only way SC jumps TCU is if they blow out Utah and TCU struggles to put away K State.

goduke

You do realize the LA market sucks for football right? USC, UCLA, Rams, etc can’t sell out their games with fans.
    Rams only do when the opposing team fans buy the tickets

goduke

It will happen if USC or TCU lose. Ohio state will get in. It’s not even debateable. This is how it works. The computer won’t punish Ohio state for losing to the #3 ranked college team. They’ll put that loss against the other losses and Ohio state would get in

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

You do realize the LA market sucks for football right? USC, UCLA, Rams, etc can’t sell out their games with fans.
    Rams only do when the opposing team fans buy the tickets
    it’s TV not attendance. It’s why the big 10 wants usc and ucla. They’ll carry most of California

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

If TCU and USC both win, the only way SC jumps TCU is if they blow out Utah and TCU struggles to put away K State.
    You’re trusting the committee to use logic. Watch usc be #3 this week.

goduke

it’s TV not attendance. It’s why the big 10 wants usc and ucla. They’ll carry most of California
    No I get that but I would debate that people aren’t watching there as much either. I don’t have the numbers but it just doesn’t seem like the interest is there like other places

First 12345 Last