Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Are you fukking kidding me? You think the kid should get off? He should have been tried as an adult and rotting in a jail cell. WTF. Now don’t interject color. I don’t give a shit. Ange r management? Are you agreeing with that punishment?
    Hell no, I don't think that he should have gotten off, that wasn't my point.

And I didn't say anything about the color of anyone involved. I am asking you if the kid's life should be forever ruined and any opportunity to better himself should be denied because of what he did when he was a child.
    Last edited by Kermit; 11-09-22 at 09:44 PM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    A few years ago, a 15 year old boy targeted and sucker punched a 59 year old man at a fair in Maryland. The man fell to the ground hitting his head. The 15 year old then spat on the man as he laid on the ground. The man died from the sucker-punch.

The 15 year old was sentenced to anger management. Yes, anger management.

Should this teen's life forever be ruined and he be turned down from any opportunity that comes his way because of what he did when he was a kid?

Where do we draw the line at what age constitutes when someone has been punished enough for something that they did in their past as a child?

I don't know about this teen, but a judge and the NHL who do know more about him seem to say he is deserving of more punishment. Maybe he has not changed and does not want to.

There is no line. The individual should be judged by the individuals' own actions.

I don't think defending teens is either your or Willy's interest in this story anyway though. You guys are not happy white on black violence is reported and you think if the colors were swapped it would not be.

If that is a genuine issue, fighting it by arguing for the white guy being targeted by the articles whether they are a POS or not is just falling into the trap of being triggered by the tactic and won't help stop it. "But whatabout" style arguments do nothing but convince the other side they are right, and you are unreasonable.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I don't know about this teen, but a judge and the NHL who do know more about him seem to say he is deserving of more punishment. Maybe he has not changed and does not want to.

There is no line. The individual should be judged by the individuals' own actions.

I don't think defending teens is either your or Willy's interest in this story anyway though. You guys are not happy white on black violence is reported and you think if the colors were swapped it would not be.

If that is a genuine issue, fighting it by arguing for the white guy being targeted by the articles whether they are a POS or not is just falling into the trap of being triggered by the tactic and won't help stop it. "But whatabout" style arguments do nothing but convince the other side they are right, and you are unreasonable.
    If the kid's file comes up... history of repeated chaos... I have no problem with that. Then ban him with good reason. Where is it at then??? If it's one incident... the NHL is nuts.

Kermit

I just don't think that what someone does when they are an immature child should impact their adult life.

Kermit

If this Mitchell Miller is going to have the family of the guy that he bullied when he was a teenager show up and protest any job that Mitchell tries to get, then he might as well just fukking kill himself.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I just don't think that what someone does when they are an immature child should impact their adult life.
    So what’s the cutoff point to that argument. How far can they go as a teenager? What age as a teenager. 16 year old can drive can we say it’s ok for them to get drunk and kill someone or is that the line? Give me the line where a teenager doesn’t know the difference between right and wrong and very basic human decision

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    George Soros? Tony Blair? When we’re the arrested for doing dumb shit?
    You're not getting it are you? the gentleman that made the original post commented that actions have consequences. I clearly pointed out that nothing could be further from the truth. Many people don't have to pay for their crimes and infact profit from them.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

pure truth. only reason this thread is still alive. some people need stuff like others need water lol.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

is the juice worth the squeeze

not at this time

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    So what’s the cutoff point to that argument. How far can they go as a teenager? What age as a teenager. 16 year old can drive can we say it’s ok for them to get drunk and kill someone or is that the line? Give me the line where a teenager doesn’t know the difference between right and wrong and very basic human decision
    Well, if we are going to allow fully grown adults who commit violent acts to continue on with their lives and go on to play pro-sports, then why not children who bully another child?

You can't come out of the woodwork and try to ruin someone's life anytime that they try to better themself.

I don't care of you are white or black.

I get the the NHL doesn't want to associate themselves with this kid over what he did when he was younger, I just don't agree with it. At some point you have to move on and leave the past in the the past.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

It's not hard to understand that there are worlds of difference between what a guy just did (or did now) and going back in someone's past and DQing them after you've drafted them. Did they guy give them organization a bad name? Nope.

You are all crazy, thinking you're some sort of arbiter of a guy's entire life. Judge him on his actions as a part of your organization. That is what reflects on you. This is just basic logic and common sense. The rest of this nonsense is subjective (and retrospective!) cancelling, which is why the guys pointing out how dumb Mac and Opti are here are correct.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711

First ... 4567