goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Yeah I agree and that's my point. NHL has been targeted for radical woke change. It's not the players and the fans, it's the woke elite behind the scenes. NHL fans don't want gay pride month in their faces while watching a game any more than NCAAF fans want to see two guys kissing in a pharmaceutical commercial.
    See you are mad about it because of race. I wonder if you feel the same way if this kid raped your daughter when he was 14. That it’s ok because time has passed, forgetting that the girl like this kid who got bullied has to deal with it the rest of his life. You don’t think it’s fair that this guy should have to deal with it the rest of his life too?
    Also if you do this as a 14 year old your parents are losers and deserve just as much punishment

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Absolutely there are plenty of them. That still doesn't excuse what miller did. You are missing that point. Miller is a POS. If you are going to go down that lane then you should call him on it and tell him too bad fukk you miller.

What you really are missing is that miller learned that at home and that's the problem to me and most normal people. He heard that stuff at home and took it outside. You missed that part. But it's OKAY you will NEVER get that part.
    What he did at 14 being right or wrong has nothing to do with it.

They rescinded a contract because of something he did when he was 14. Meanwhile black athletes who have done much worse as adults get paid millions. The sickening, blatant hypocrisy is what this is about.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    So let me get this right…..there is nothing you can’t do when you are 14 and in your eyes it’s ok because time has passed?
    It's about the hypocrisy across pro sports

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

So let me get this right…..there is nothing you can’t do when you are 14 and in your eyes it’s ok because time has passed?
    Dude, there are kids that have committed murder and didn't even go to jail.

So when they are adults, should this be held agaisnt them when they apply for a job?

dlowilly

See you are mad about it because of race. I wonder if you feel the same way if this kid raped your daughter when he was 14. That it’s ok because time has passed, forgetting that the girl like this kid who got bullied has to deal with it the rest of his life. You don’t think it’s fair that this guy should have to deal with it the rest of his life too?
    Also if you do this as a 14 year old your parents are losers and deserve just as much punishment
    Are you kidding? There are plenty of rapists playing right now, they just paid the victims.

Also, bullying and getting bullied is part of growing up. It's only an issue here because he is white and the kid was black.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post

So when they are adults, should this be held agaisnt them when they apply for a job?
    It's like talking to a wall...

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Meanwhile black athletes who have done much worse as adults get paid millions. The sickening, blatant hypocrisy is what this is about.
    Why are you interjecting race into this? What athlete did much worse than this kid? I'm sure there's been plenty but start with Facts, not innuendos.

Now, I believe in forgiveness. I do not think what someone did at 14 should be held against him the rest of his life. It was sick it was vile but he deserves another chance. Unless there's more that they are not telling us. We've all seen dumb jocks bully kids in HS. Most of the time it's because they were bullied at home. Some actually grow up, some continue to be dumb asses. What has this kid done since then? That's the real question. If nothing, then this is a severe overreach IMO.

Mac4Lyfe

Are you kidding? There are plenty of rapists playing right now, they just paid the victims.
    Also, bullying and getting bullied is part of growing up. It's only an issue here because he is white and the kid was black.
    Rapists playing where? Who? This issue is most likely more because the kid was special needs but why would that matter? Does it really matter to you? Or is it easier for you to minimize it since the kid was black???

Mac4Lyfe

Dude, there are kids that have committed murder and didn't even go to jail
    What athletes in the NHL or any of the other leagues playing after committing murder?

goduke

Yes because they are not good people

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

He bullied a black kid. It's right there in the article, not like it's being hidden.

I wonder how many black pro athletes bullied and beat up white kids when they were 14? Or act like idiots as adults for that matter, and keep getting second chances.
    And you would be using words like animals and cheering if it was a black guy being penalized.

What's the actual point of you starting yet another racial thread displaying your white pride Willy??

I hope some "woke" person forces you to accept responsibility for your words one day too. I think that you are only outraged about this guy being held to account because You are This Guy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mikejamm, and kingdom

goduke

It’s part of growing up because we have people like you that say “oh well it’s part of life”. Making a special needs kid lick lollipops that were urinated on is not part of life. That’s a character flaw or a mental instability of a person and should not be chalked up as an “oh well”
    And to be honest if I was an owner of a team and I had a player on my team that was like that I would cut him immediately no matter that he did it as a 14 year old.
    But let’s all be honest here you are mad about this because you see race and get triggered

dlowilly

Once again

I am not saying sports leagues or teams shouldn't be able to exclude players for detrimental behavior. The problem I have is:

-The NHL is under woke attack

-The racial hypocrisy

-He was 14 yrs old

-They rescinded a contract. I find it strange that you can rescind a contract based on something that happened and was known about before the contract was signed.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What athletes in the NHL or any of the other leagues playing after committing murder?
    I said "Apply for a job" Not play pro-sports. You missed the point.

So you don't think that any kids who committed murder should ever be allowed to work and contribute to society.

As far as "Adults", I mean we have been joking for years about what Ray Lewis was involved in.

dlowilly

It’s part of growing up because we have people like you that say “oh well it’s part of life”. Making a special needs kid lick lollipops that were urinated on is not part of life. That’s a character flaw or a mental instability of a person and should not be chalked up as an “oh well”
    And to be honest if I was an owner of a team and I had a player on my team that was like that I would cut him immediately no matter that he did it as a 14 year old.
    But let’s all be honest here you are mad about this because you see race and get triggered
    I get triggered because of the racial hypocrisy, yes. This wouldn't happen if the player was black and the victim was white. It also wouldn't happen if he didn't target race but instead made it about him being fat or short or a myriad of other things kids bully and get bullied for.

Adolescents are psychopaths. Cry all you want to, but yes that is part of growing up. Insulting him for being black is no different than insulting him if he wore glasses or had bad acne, except that you lefties want it so desperately to be.

Mac4Lyfe

-The NHL is under woke attack-The racial hypocrisy
    You are the only person here that is seeing race. What woke attack is the NHL under? Where are you getting that? Why must you keep mentioning race as in woke and racial hypocrisy. Can you show us another NHL player that did the same thing but didn't get punished? I already agreed with you that the punishment seems harsh and I would rather forgive and have that person be able to atone for their mistakes at 14. I really don't get why you have to use race here.

dlowilly

You are the only person here that is seeing race. What woke attack is the NHL under? Where are you getting that? Why must you keep mentioning race as in woke and racial hypocrisy.
    Read the fuking thread. Have talked about in other posts. Tired of repeating simple points that some are unwilling or unable to recognize.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17005

Few things in life we can count on. Taxes, death and Dlow starting race baiting threads. Don't ever chance Dlow.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave franklee168 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

I said "Apply for a job" Not play pro-sports. You missed the point.
    So you don't think that any kids who committed murder should ever be allowed to work and contribute to society.
    As far as "Adults", I mean we have been joking for years about what Ray Lewis was involved in.
    Now you are talking about 2 different things. Should a kid that committed murder work for me? I don't think so but I'd have to know more about the case. So let's just don't say committed murder. How about was found guilty of 1st degree or premeditated murder. Sorry, not hiring. I believe in 2nd chances and contribute to society but not on my dime. Vehicular manslaughter, 3rd degree murder I need more information. Every company I hired for had strict rules about NOT hiring people with felonies. They just don't do it.

Was Ray Lewis convicted of murder or just hearsay? Was Big Ben convicted of rape or just hearsay? Why would a professional sports league hire a convicted murderer? That seems like bad business?

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    And you would be using words like animals and cheering if it was a black guy being penalized.

What's the actual point of you starting yet another racial thread displaying your white pride Willy??

I hope some "woke" person forces you to accept responsibility for your words one day too. I think that you are only outraged about this guy being held to account because You are This Guy.
    WHat a terrible post. I know you live in Oz but this racial hypocrisy crap is a BIG problem over here and you won't and can't understand. You hope some woke person makes me accept responsibility for my words? Whatever that means, it's yet another example of leftist psychosis hating when people can speak their minds.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Few things in life we can count on. Taxes, death and Dlow starting race baiting threads. Don't ever chance Dlow.
    You don't think this is a significant story franlee? A huge sports team rescinds a legal, signed contract based on bad behavior at 14 yrs old?

Kermit

Now you are talking about 2 different things. Should a kid that committed murder work for me? I don't think so but I'd have to know more about the case. So let's just don't say committed murder. How about was found guilty of 1st degree or premeditated murder. Sorry, not hiring. I believe in 2nd chances and contribute to society but not on my dime. Vehicular manslaughter, 3rd degree murder I need more information. Every company I hired for had strict rules about NOT hiring people with felonies. They just don't do it.

Was Ray Lewis convicted of murder or just hearsay? Was Big Ben convicted of rape or just hearsay? Why would a professional sports league hire a convicted murderer? That seems like bad business?
    Look, I don't even know who in the fukk this NHL guy is, nor do I even watch Hockey.

I was just always under the impression that any crimes that a child committed was sealed and expunged when they became and adult.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17005

You don't think this is a significant story franlee? A huge sports team rescinds a legal, signed contract based on bad behavior at 14 yrs old?
    Gotta be honest Bro. In this day and age, it's the normal. As I tell my 16 year old. Nothing goes on social media that can come back and haunt you. He loves sports and probably doesn't have the talent to play at the big level but as I've told him, reach for the stars and own a team instead.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave franklee168 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

it's not like he's never allowed to come to the nhl he just isn't able to at this time, the boston players don't want him and the pr nightmare wouldn't be worth it, he should go play in europe i'm sure russia would take him

"He's not coming into the NHL, he's not eligible at this point to come into the NHL," Bettman said. "I can't tell you that he'll ever be eligible to come into the NHL If in fact at some point they think they want him to play in the NHL -- and I'm not sure they're anywhere close to that point -- we're going to have to clear him and his eligibility, and it'll be based on all the information that we get firsthand at the time."

Mac4Lyfe

I get triggered because of the racial hypocrisy, yes. This wouldn't happen if the player was black and the victim was white. It also wouldn't happen if he didn't target race but instead made it about him being fat or short or a myriad of other things kids bully and get bullied for.
    Adolescents are psychopaths. Cry all you want to, but yes that is part of growing up. Insulting him for being black is no different than insulting him if he wore glasses or had bad acne, except that you lefties want it so desperately to be.
    First off, how do you know the player was white? Are you just assuming? 2nd, you are still using race to make a case when you can omit race and you still don't have a case. Adolescent psychopaths are not part of growing up. WTH? Bullying someone for being fat, short, etc., is far different than what this kid did. You are trying to minimize psychopathic behavior. It is NOT NORMAL. For you to say it's kids being kids is very strange in itself. What are you doing? What skeletons are you hiding? Special needs kid. Come on man. That's sick behavior that you are condoning because of race.

dlowilly

First off, how do you know the player was white? Are you just assuming? 2nd, you are still using race to make a case when you can omit race and you still don't have a case. Adolescent psychopaths are not part of growing up. WTH? Bullying someone for being fat, short, etc., is far different than what this kid did. You are trying to minimize psychopathic behavior. It is NOT NORMAL. For you to say it's kids being kids is very strange in itself. What are you doing? What skeletons are you hiding? Special needs kid. Come on man. That's sick behavior that you are condoning because of race.
    Hard to have a discussion with someone who won't even read the linked article. It shows a picture of him. He's white. I'm not the one injecting race into it. The NHL and Bruins brought up inclusion and racial harmony as a basis for their actions.

Mac4Lyfe

Look, I don't even know who in the fukk this NHL guy is, nor do I even watch Hockey.
    I was just always under the impression that any crimes that a child committed was sealed and expunged when they became and adult.
    Expungement, sealing, and confidentiality are 3 different methods to limit access to records. These are all handled by the states. Most all states will never allow crimes of murder or sexual abuse to be limited. I know of no state where this would be sealed and even if it is it would still show up in a criminal report as well as all felonies. It does not matter that you are a minor.

So, no juveniles who commit murder do not just have a blanket shield protecting them. Do dumb shit and it will carry you for a lifetime. Sometimes it sucks because it really could be petty. This kid could have just been following the other friend, who could have been the primary instigator. We may never know. I tell kids on our teams all the time that you can do 100 things right but that 1 mistake will follow you the rest of your life. Do the right thing when no one is watching.

Mac4Lyfe

Hard to have a discussion with someone who won't even read the linked article. It shows a picture of him. He's white. I'm not the one injecting race into it. The NHL and Bruins brought up inclusion and racial harmony as a basis for their actions.
    I read the article, I saw his picture. Not once did I say, here's a white guy getting screwed over because of race. Neither did I think the NHL was woke because they didn't prevent him from being drafted. Here's a guy who did stupid shit that did not sit well with players who then told Bruins management they had a problem with. The NHL didn't do this. The players said, we don't want the guy and the organization responded. I don't think there's a black guy on the Bruins but why would it matter? Nowhere in the article did it say racial harmony. Also, Where do you see the NHL use INCLUSION? That was the Bruins Front office that said inclusion, which does not mean race. it just means to include everyone, which is good business. A kid did a dumb thing and is paying the price for his dumbassery. One day, he can make amends and play in the NHL according to what I read. But it sounds like he's done a lot more than just this.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Not sure why it matters that the kid was black.... he was special needs and hockey dude and another kid made him eat food swirled in a toilet. I'm generally against cancel-culture, woke BS but this is pretty messed up. I have 3 kids within a couple years on one side or another of 14 and they know their actions today can have lifelong consequences. Accountability.... look into it people!
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave mtofell 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dlowilly

I read the article, I saw his picture. Not once did I say, here's a white guy getting screwed over because of race. Neither did I think the NHL was woke because they didn't prevent him from being drafted. Here's a guy who did stupid shit that did not sit well with players who then told Bruins management they had a problem with. The NHL didn't do this. The players said, we don't want the guy and the organization responded. I don't think there's a black guy on the Bruins but why would it matter? Nowhere in the article did it say racial harmony. Also, Where do you see the NHL use INCLUSION? That was the Bruins Front office that said inclusion, which does not mean race. it just means to include everyone, which is good business. A kid did a dumb thing and is paying the price for his dumbassery. One day, he can make amends and play in the NHL according to what I read. But it sounds like he's done a lot more than just this.
    Ok so the Bruins are a part of the NHL. You are nitpicking and concentrating on semantics when you were obviously wrong about me injecting race into it. The Bruins front office clearly did that. Ole Cam Neely must be vying for a part in Dumb and Dumber 3.

Mac4Lyfe

Ok so the Bruins are a part of the NHL. You are nitpicking and concentrating on semantics when you were obviously wrong about me injecting race into it. The Bruins front office clearly did that. Ole Cam Neely must be vying for a part in Dumb and Dumber 3.
    DLo - you interjected race from the beginning. You would have a better case if you simply said you thought it was harsh after all these years and he was only 14. But you blamed the NHL, the Bruins and then crapped on black people by saying, look at all the bad things black people have done. I’d fire you if you were my lawyer. I agree that this looks like an overreach if what he did was when he was 14. I think he deserves a second chance if many years have gone by. But I’m thinking there’s more that we don’t know? We are living in scary times. Everything you do is up for scrutiny. WWJD?

Mac4Lyfe

Cam and the front office was going to bring the kid in but the players, all who are white, said nope, we don’t need the distraction. They may know more than what you and I know? Bottom line it was his peers who fukked him, not the Bruins or the NHL.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

in summary

dlo willys favorite sport is hockey due to the fewest black players in major north american sports

dlo willys favorite team is not the blackhawks

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Should the guy get punished for rest of his life for what he did when he was 14?

If that were the case, all the rich fukks in this world that screwed over people should get executed

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

The something else is that the left elite hate how white the NHL is so they're trying to force ultra wokeness on it.
    The pucks are black that has to count for something.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 11-07-22 at 02:57 AM.

First 12345 ... Last