JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3616

Hexversi Puzzle #15. Multiple Choice. 1st correct guess Wins 50 Points.

1 guess per person. No edits. If you guess a 2nd time, your 2nd guess will be ignored. First correct guess Wins 50 Points.

Instead of putting a cap on how many times you can Win, the way I am going to do it is, however many times you have Won already, you have to wait for that many number of guesses before you can make your guess. For instance, if you have Won twice already, for this particular puzzle, you have to wait for at least 2 people to guess before you can make your guess or else you will be DQ'd. I'll list the puzzle Winners and how many times they've Won at the bottom of this post.

Hexversi has the exact same rules as Othello except the board is shaped like a hexagon and there is a dead spot in the middle of the board as seen in the image below. You cannot play through the dead spot, you must play around it. If you do not know how to play Othello, I recommend that you watch the minute and a half video below, and you will know ALL of the rules.

What's the BEST move for Purple?(feel free to take a guess)

I've added a 100 Point bonus for the first 10 players that post a screenshot of themselves beating this AI in the link below. Take the screenshot before your last move of the game so the AI doesn't block the image. Three people have beat the AI so far. They are: Housemoney, jackpot269, and Ian. Well done gentlemen!

http://meta-site.net/hexlo/?fbclid=I...xXgSGPufKWHqTE

I'll keep this going until 10 people beat it. You can only win this ONCE. AND, you can't use someone else's screenshot. In other words.... it has to be a unique configuration. This is NOT a strong AI. It's VERY aggressive. Aggressive play is EASY to beat once you know how to deal with it.

Here's some hints as to how games are Won. Games are NOT won by gobbling up as many pieces as you can on every single move. This is a TERRIBLE strategy. Games are won by trying to run your opponent out of options/moves entirely, and forcing them to give you a corner. Whomever has more options/moves at any given time, is ALMOST ALWAYS winning the game, regardless of what the score says.

When it comes to piece count, you'll usually want to think "less is MORE", until you can get a corner. Try to keep your pieces INSIDE of your opponents pieces. This will create MORE options/moves for you.

Once you run your opponent out of options(good ones at least), then you get to dictate the direction of the game, and getting your piece count up high and winning the game after that is easy. Good luck!

Here are the past Puzzle Winners so far:

blankoblanco 3
    Ian 3
    Optional 2
    las8 2
    gauchojake 1
    Daniel Espinosa 1
    jackpot269 1
    Machba 1

The Finals of the current Hexversi Tournament just started today. SBR's own blankoblanco is in the Final Section along with 2 other players, starting from the field of 39 players, going an impressive 12-0 in this Tourney so far! Good luck!! You got this!!
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 11-03-22 at 09:01 PM.

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3112

d8.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post

Instead of putting a cap on how many times you can Win, the way I am going to do it is, however many times you have Won already, you have to wait for that many number of guesses before you can make your guess. For instance, if you have Won twice already, for this particular puzzle, you have to wait for at least 2 people to guess before you can make your guess or else you will be DQ'd. I'll list the puzzle Winners and how many times they've Won at the bottom of this post.

Here are the past Puzzle Winners so far:

blankoblanco 3
    Ian 3
    Optional 2
    las8 2
    gauchojake 1
    Daniel Espinosa 1
    jackpot269 1
    Machba 1

Quote Originally Posted by Machba View Post
    d8.
    Incorrect. But in the future, you will have to wait until at least one person has made their guess before you can make your guess because you have already Won once.

You can Win 100 Points if you can beat this CPU. Just post a screenshot. Take the screenshot BEFORE, you make your last move of the game.

http://meta-site.net/hexlo/?fbclid=I...xXgSGPufKWHqTE
    Last edited by JohnGalt2341; 11-03-22 at 09:38 PM. Reason: vs CPU

JohnGalt2341

Any other guesses?

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

j7 ?
    Points Awarded:

JohnGalt2341 gave cincinnatikid513 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    j7 ?
    We have a Winner!

After Purple plays j7 as seen below, this will leave Green with exactly 1 option at j6. This will give Purple the NE corner at k6. Purple can then start working from the corner by playing g10, and once Green plays f10, Purple can take the NW corner as well by playing f11. It's an easy win for Purple from here on out as Purple can simply give Green crappy moves 1 or 2 at a time and just slowly push the game South.

Here's several moves later. And now as you can see, Purple has 3 corners. The score is still close here but this is merely an illusion. What tells the true story is the Option/Move count. Green has 1 option. Purple has 8. This is how we know Purple is dominating this game. Also, virtually all of Purple's pieces are permanent, whereas Green has only a couple of pieces that MIGHT be permanent. Green resigned after this move. This would have been a blowout.