Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

He has a right to believe whatever he wants to believe as long as he's not advocating violence against someone he shouldn't be thrown in the fire like this

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

It's interesting that not a single NBA player, in this virtue signaling league, has denounced Irving. He's of their own tribe. This idea of equality is bogus -it's more about looking out for yours and your own.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 460

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You have to really break it down to me Kermit because I have no clue what people get angry about. I looked at the youtube video you posted and I still don't get what Cannon said that was offensive. I know when someone calls someone the N word, or \*\*\*\*\*\*, Cracker, Kike, hell I can't even think of many bigoted words right now (where's SouthPark when you need them) but I get those but I'm confused what did he say that upset Jews? I'm actually trying to figure out what did Kyrie do that upset Jews too? Outside of posting about a movie that may have undertones? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what in this movie is so malicious?

I'm not trying to take up for Kyrie, like I said because he's a fukking jerkoff but what am I missing? Why is that film anti-Semitic?
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave 7deuceoff$uit 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

what are the odds he plays for the nets again? -110? like a 50/50?

IBetYou

He'll play for them again and he'll say whatever they want him to say. He wants his money and he wants to be in the hall of fame, statue etc etc.. all of this matters more to him than morale values, he's an NBA player after all.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Wasn't Walt Disney a Nazi supporter. How come nobody is boycotting them.

Because it's the Golden Rule. He Who has the gold rules
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Wasn't Walt Disney a Nazi supporter. How come nobody is boycotting them.

Because it's the Golden Rule. He Who has the gold rules
    Ford too.

Maybe because they don't tweet disgusting things.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

He has a right to believe whatever he wants to believe as long as he's not advocating violence against someone he shouldn't be thrown in the fire like this
    He represents the Nets organization. They don't have to retain a representative that they don't feel comfortable being associated with. He's not being arrested.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

What would happen if a non black NBA player promoted something saying slavery didn't exist? He'd be cancelled and blackballed out of the league with the quickness.

You can't talk about how oppressed you are etc and then hate on another group, he is getting what he deserves IMO.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eidolon

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Myers Leonard said a bad Jew word and he's has not played an NBA minute since.
    This is not true. Yes, he has not played but not because he said a bad word. He's been hurt and has had a tough time recovering. At the time he uttered the slur, he was inactive because of a shoulder injury. He still got paid and never lost a game check. He subsequently suffered an ankle injury, including severe nerve damage and that has caused him lingering problems.

Talent trumps misdeeds. Kyrie's talent will warrant him 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 10th shots. Myers Leonard has had a lot of teams express interest in him and he'll eventually play again but he's no Kyrie Irving. It has zero to do with his color. If Luka did the same thing, we'd be in the same place. It's rarely about color it's usually about ability and money.

https://www.si.com/nba/heat/miami-ne...ts-back-in-nba

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kyrie a loser on court also
    Lebron made him get a title

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

This is not true. Yes, he has not played but not because he said a bad word. He's been hurt and has had a tough time recovering. At the time he uttered the slur, he was inactive because of a shoulder injury. He still got paid and never lost a game check. He subsequently suffered an ankle injury, including severe nerve damage and that has caused him lingering problems.

Talent trumps misdeeds. Kyrie's talent will warrant him 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 10th shots. Myers Leonard has had a lot of teams express interest in him and he'll eventually play again but he's no Kyrie Irving. It has zero to do with his color. If Luka did the same thing, we'd be in the same place. It's rarely about color it's usually about ability and money.

True, although had Leonard not said that, I bet he'd have played in the NBA again. Now, highly doubt it. But yeah, it's because he's not good enough to overcome saying stupid shit.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    He represents the Nets organization. They don't have to retain a representative that they don't feel comfortable being associated with. He's not being arrested.
    True

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    What would happen if a non black NBA player promoted something saying slavery didn't exist? He'd be cancelled and blackballed out of the league with the quickness.

You can't talk about how oppressed you are etc and then hate on another group, he is getting what he deserves IMO.
    When did Kyrie HATE on another group or talk about the Holocaust never existing? From what I'm getting he tweeted about a movie that said this. WTF? What am I missing here. How did he upset so many people? Who are these people and why are they upset? Maybe he tweeted about the movie because he was appalled by what he saw? Or maybe not? I'm just not correlating where a simple tweet referring to a movie could cause anyone to be upset or for him to get suspended. Imagine a person getting cancelled for mentioning the movie "Birth of a nation"? The more I hear about this, the more I'm on Kyrie's side and that has never happened before.

JAKEPEAVY21

When did Kyrie HATE on another group or talk about the Holocaust never existing? From what I'm getting he tweeted about a movie that said this. WTF? What am I missing here. How did he upset so many people? Who are these people and why are they upset? Maybe he tweeted about the movie because he was appalled by what he saw? Or maybe not? I'm just not correlating where a simple tweet referring to a movie could cause anyone to be upset or for him to get suspended. Imagine a person getting cancelled for mentioning the movie "Birth of a nation"? The more I hear about this, the more I'm on Kyrie's side and that has never happened before.
    It's pretty much common knowledge that when you retweet or share something on your social media platform, you are endorsing or agreeing with it. Then he double and triple downed on it and had ample opportunity to apologize and he refused. He only apologized after the Nets suspended him which is not a real apology, let's be real. It was damage control after the shyt hit the fan.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    True, although had Leonard not said that, I bet he'd have played in the NBA again. Now, highly doubt it. But yeah, it's because he's not good enough to overcome saying stupid shit.
    I'll have to take Leonard's word for it. He said he has not been physically able to play in the NBA and he said he has had MANY teams interested in him. So, I don't see anything that tells me he was whiteballed. The media really wasn't up in arms about his comment. It was more ignorant than purposely hurtful. Had he been a superstar, maybe the social warriors would have tore him down but Leonard never made the front page.

IBetYou

Don't want to get in an argument over whether he's a good player (I think he's better than MOST 2nd unit bigs currently rostered). But what part of what I said was not true? That he said a bad Jew word, or that he has not played in the NBA since?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I'll have to take Leonard's word for it. He said he has not been physically able to play in the NBA and he said he has had MANY teams interested in him. So, I don't see anything that tells me he was whiteballed. The media really wasn't up in arms about his comment. It was more ignorant than purposely hurtful. Had he been a superstar, maybe the social warriors would have tore him down but Leonard never made the front page.
    Miami suspended him and then traded him to OKC which never intended to use him, just salary filler and then was released. Maybe he was also hurt but I highly doubt he'd ever have played again regardless. Not good enough to warrant the possible controversy.

IBetYou

However, he was able to regain his form through rehabilitation and training. Leonard stated that he will be back to 100% in a few months and says that teams have been reaching out to him.

This article was April 8th! Are you stupid?! A few months later than April 8th is summer time, and he is still a free agent. It's clear NBA teams are not interested. Jews make things work, they own everything. Best not to piss them off.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    It's pretty much common knowledge that when you retweet or share something on your social media platform, you are endorsing or agreeing with it. Then he double and triple downed on it and had ample opportunity to apologize and he refused. He only apologized after the Nets suspended him which is not a real apology, let's be real. It was damage control after the shyt hit the fan.
    Maybe he was raising awareness? Just because someone tweeted a video of a person, let's say beating up a woman, does not mean they condone or enjoy women being beat. Maybe they were outraged, or wanted other people to see it too. I go back to the movie Birth of a Nation. It has similar stereotypes. But why would you suspend someone for retweeting that movie? I think open minded people can look at that movie and probably look at this movie and figure out what is bullshit and what could be hurtful. I looked up the movie and it seems utterly boring but are you going to cancel me if I said I was going to watch the video?

I keep hearing this double and triple down? What is that? Reporters kept asking him stupid questions. Why should he apologize? I'm trying to see who did he hurt? and why would they be hurt? Then he apologized but he didn't apologize the way some people wanted him to apologized and inferring he probably didn't mean it. WTF? This sounds like China or Russia?

Are we going to suspend people for tweeting a picture of Hitler? The Ku Klux Klan? A gas chamber? Where's the context. I see nothing that Kyrie did that was hateful or hurtful. I keep asking for the evidence but no one, including a rabbi I listened to could tell me anything even close to being hateful or hurtful from Kyrie.

IBetYou

His brother was in the military. I remember the Blazers doing one of those cheesy setups where the guy comes into practice in military gear and the loved one breaks down into tears. He probably picked up the word from him and his military buddies. I can believe he didn't know what it meant... he was young & dumb.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Someday I hope those in power will not see a "threat" in the pursuit of historical truths. Everyone should just chill and let the viewpoints be discussed openly without intimidation techniques.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Kyrie just mad he's being suspended without pay.

Normally he sits out tons of games WHILE BEING PAID.

You seen his career with the Nets? Dude sits out all the damn time.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    However, he was able to regain his form through rehabilitation and training. Leonard stated that he will be back to 100% in a few months and says that teams have been reaching out to him.
    This article was April 8th! Are you stupid?! A few months later than April 8th is summer time, and he is still a free agent. It's clear NBA teams are not interested. Jews make things work, they own everything. Best not to piss them off.
    If he was still injured in April, how do you expect him to have enough time to be ready for this season?
    Haha, you just answered your own question. NBA teams are not interested in a 30 year old guy that is not in the plans of most teams. Look at NBA rosters. Who do you think he should replace? He was a fledgling NBA player his entire career. The only reasons he's not on a roster is either he's not healthy enough or simply not good enough. No one cares about what he did in the past. He served his time, was suspended and cleared to play. Why don't you see him in the GLeague or playing overseas? Most likely because he's still not healthy. He said teams are interested, so the only thing holding him back is him convincing a team to call him up.

Do you know how many guys wish they could get back in the league? Every year there's thousands of guys trying to be one of the 500 best players on the planet. It is a very, very select few that get to play and stay in this league. Why aren't you asking why Hasheem Thabeet (played HS ball near me) isn't still in the NBA? He's playing in China. This league is all about talent. If you have the talent, you will play. Do you know all the crazy shit some guys have done in this league? It's by far the most forgiving league in professional sports.

JAKEPEAVY21

Maybe he was raising awareness? Just because someone tweeted a video of a person, let's say beating up a woman, does not mean they condone or enjoy women being beat. Maybe they were outraged, or wanted other people to see it too. I go back to the movie Birth of a Nation. It has similar stereotypes. But why would you suspend someone for retweeting that movie? I think open minded people can look at that movie and probably look at this movie and figure out what is bullshit and what could be hurtful. I looked up the movie and it seems utterly boring but are you going to cancel me if I said I was going to watch the video?

I keep hearing this double and triple down? What is that? Reporters kept asking him stupid questions. Why should he apologize? I'm trying to see who did he hurt? and why would they be hurt? Then he apologized but he didn't apologize the way some people wanted him to apologized and inferring he probably didn't mean it. WTF? This sounds like China or Russia?

Are we going to suspend people for tweeting a picture of Hitler? The Ku Klux Klan? A gas chamber? Where's the context. I see nothing that Kyrie did that was hateful or hurtful. I keep asking for the evidence but no one, including a rabbi I listened to could tell me anything even close to being hateful or hurtful from Kyrie.
    Please dude, just stop already. He was given a chance to explain and he double and tripled downed on it and refused to apologize.

I guess only racism against blacks is grounds for being called out and dealt with?

Don't you remember how many non blacks got cancelled and their lives ruined for simply saying "All Lives Matter"?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Mac question are you a hood rat? It sure sounds like it.

Irvings a very sick man and needs help

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Someday I hope those in power will not see a "threat" in the pursuit of historical truths. Everyone should just chill and let the viewpoints be discussed openly without intimidation techniques.
    Yeah let this video be fact checked. And if it's so horribly wrong like they say then they and Kyrie will look like idiots for putting the video out and sharing it
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave Nate rasta 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

So you can buy this movie on Amazon prime and listen to the book it’s based on Audible but Jeff Bezos is a front runner for owning an NFL franchise…okay, am I missing something?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

I always thought Kyrie was well spoken and one of the smarter NBA players in the league. If you listen to his interviews he never sounds like a ghetto idiot. He's cerebral in his thoughts and speech.

He got stupid with this latest comment though as Jews own and rule everything. Can't bite the hand that feeds you.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

I just heard on the business report on cable news that there's a grassroots movement brewing to pressure Nike into dropping Kyrie or there'll be boycotts.

Poor Kyrie, he's what you call a shitstorm magnet.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Kyrie Irving on Instagram post: “To all Jewish families and communities…I am deeply sorry to have caused you pain”

Kyrie Irving has finally issued an apology after getting suspended by the Brooklyn Nets. Irving caused controversy after promoting an antisemitic film on social media. He made it worse by defending his actions several times before he was suspended.

The Nets guard issued an apology on his Instagram account a few hours after his suspension was announced. The apology came more than a week after he posted a link to the "Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America" film filled with antisemitic tropes.

Below is Irving's statement:
    "To All Jewish families and Communities that are hurt and affected from my post, I am deeply sorry to have caused you pain, and I apologize.
    "I initially reacted out of emotion to being unjustly labeled Anti-Semitic, instead of focusing on the healing process of my Jewish Brothers and Sisters that were hurt from the hateful remarks made in the Documentary.
    "I had no intentions to disrespect any Jewish cultural history regarding the Holocaust or perpetuate any hate. I am learning from this unfortunate event and hope we can find understanding between us all. I am no different than any other human being. I am a seeker of truth and knowledge, and I know who I Am."

The Brooklyn Nets and Kyrie Irving initially released a statement saying that they will donate $500,000 each to help fight hate in the community. However, the Anti-Defamation League rejected Irving's donation after he failed to apologize for his actions.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver was also critical of Irving before his apology. Silver added that he will meet with the 30-year-old star next week. It's unclear if the meeting will still take place following Irving's apology and subsequent suspension by the Nets.

Irving has been suspended by the Nets for at least five games without pay. Like with Silver's meeting with Irving, it's unclear if the Nets will extend his suspension to more than five games after his apology.

The Nets, NBA, Adam Silver and the NBPA have all criticized Irving for his actions. NBA legends Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal called out Irving, while Reggie Miller was disappointed by the lack of reaction from current NBA players.

~
    ~

`

`

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

"To All Jewish families and Communities that are hurt and affected from my post, I am deeply sorry to have caused you pain, and I apologize.
    "I initially reacted out of emotion to being unjustly labeled Anti-Semitic, instead of focusing on the healing process of my Jewish Brothers and Sisters that were hurt from the hateful remarks made in the Documentary.
    "I had no intentions to disrespect any Jewish cultural history regarding the Holocaust or perpetuate any hate. I am learning from this unfortunate event and hope we can find understanding between us all. I am no different than any other human being. I am a seeker of truth and knowledge, and I know who I Am."

Why did he capitalize Am?
    Why did he add "regarding the Holocaust" qualifier?
    He's still believes the garbage in the doc, whatever.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I just heard on the business report on cable news that there's a grassroots movement brewing to pressure Nike into dropping Kyrie or there'll be boycotts.

Poor Kyrie, he's what you call a shitstorm magnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    Kyrie Irving on Instagram post: “To all Jewish families and communities…I am deeply sorry to have caused you pain”

Kyrie Irving has finally issued an apology after getting suspended by the Brooklyn Nets. Irving caused controversy after promoting an antisemitic film on social media. He made it worse by defending his actions several times before he was suspended.

The Nets guard issued an apology on his Instagram account a few hours after his suspension was announced. The apology came more than a week after he posted a link to the "Hebrews to Negroes: Wake Up Black America" film filled with antisemitic tropes.

Below is Irving's statement:

The Brooklyn Nets and Kyrie Irving initially released a statement saying that they will donate $500,000 each to help fight hate in the community. However, the Anti-Defamation League rejected Irving's donation after he failed to apologize for his actions.

NBA commissioner Adam Silver was also critical of Irving before his apology. Silver added that he will meet with the 30-year-old star next week. It's unclear if the meeting will still take place following Irving's apology and subsequent suspension by the Nets.

Irving has been suspended by the Nets for at least five games without pay. Like with Silver's meeting with Irving, it's unclear if the Nets will extend his suspension to more than five games after his apology.

The Nets, NBA, Adam Silver and the NBPA have all criticized Irving for his actions. NBA legends Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal called out Irving, while Reggie Miller was disappointed by the lack of reaction from current NBA players.

~
    ~

`

`
    His isn't sorry, he had all week to sincerely apologize.

Now that the shitstorm has hit him, he is doing damage control.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

You never apologize. If you said it you meant it.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

How can he be against Jews is he believes he's Jewish hahaha

First 123456 ... Last