Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    I was referring to Herro/ Strus/ Robinson. They're all elite shooters and a big part of the HEAT identity. They make it easy for Butler similar to how the Warriors shooters make it easy for Wiggins. Butler & Wiggins of course played together for the T'Wolves and got trounced in the first round by Harden's Rockets. Didn't have good shooters around them then.
    Yeah, I mean you are right you do need good balance on the team. But I'm just saying a lot of these teams that try and do it the GS way and just throw like 4 snipers on the court. It's never going to work. Spacing is important but its overrated in the NBA. It has quickly become a catch phrase. Like, the majority of NBA players are capable of making a 3 if they are wide open. Struss is only looked at as a good shooter because that's all he does is shoot 3s, and he doesn't generate any of them for himself. If I'm wide open and I have Jimmy, I'll probably knock a few of those down as well. My problem would come on the other side of the court, when I have to defend, rebound, switch screens.

Guys like Hauser and Ryan are not capable of doing that stuff, that's why they're going to remain in the roles they are in, struggling to make NBA rosters and lineups. Those players do much better in Europe where you don't have to guard anyone athletic, and you can score 25 a night easily.
    The main thing about the nba, not the reg season since it's trash, but once you get to the final four teams, or the finals, if you can't play defense, you are going to get exposed. Smart players are gonna run 3-4 picks just on 1 play to get the weakest defender on them, and then you are finished.

That's why Rudy Gobert is trash and overrated. Once playoffs roll around, even a 40-year-old pg like chris paul's eyes will light up when he picks picks pick and waits for Rudy Gobert to get on him. Then he's going to annihilate him.

With the Bucks, if you throw Portis at the 5, which they do often, you can't do that. Not with Middleton, Holiday, Wes Matthews, Giannis, Portis. Same thing for the Clippers, if Kawhi ever gets healthy. They'll put Batum at center.

That's why you can't have a player like Robinson or Strus on the court when it actually matters. Sure, all that spacing mumbo jumbo will get you through a meaningless regular season, but when the real season begins, those players are worthless. Herro is different, he is an all star who can get his own shot at any moment. He rebounds, assists.

I can't think of a championship team in the last 20 years where a key member of the team, a starter, or someone in the 7 man rotation, where their job was strictly to space the floor and shoot and do nothing else.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Na man they were falling off before that and even if they did get to the playoffs, they would have been one and done in the playoffs. They had no experience, no leadership. Those teams don't win NBA titles bro. You've been watching ball long enough to know that, you just took the homer pick.

This year, everyone is a year older, some of the guys have won awards, like Garland being an all star, which is more than award, it's validation, and that changes a player's mentality. They brought in a top 20 player with a ton of playoff experience. So the vibe of the team is different now. Can they win it all? I don't know, it's too early to tell. I think one think they don't have on this team is a two-way perimeter stopper.

Every championship team has one.

Bucks had Holiday.
    Warriors had Wiggins.
    Warriors had Thompson, Durant combo.
    Lakers had Caldwell Pope.
    Even Boston, or Miami, who made the finals, had Butler, and Marcus Smart.

Lavert and Mitchell aren't great perimeter defender, so they don't really have that two way player who can score and also defend elite SGs/SFs. That's the hole in the team I see as of now.

I should be a fukkin GM.
    The Cavs had something special going before all the injuries took it's toll. The injury to Rubio, then Garland, then Mobley then Allen killed them. They had the most players out due to injury in the league. Not one player on their roster was healthy the entire season. Unheard of. They have to stay healthy this year.
    LeVert's defense looks so much better these 9 games. I've never seen him play defense this good. Okoro and Stevens are the actual defensive stoppers but they don't provide any offense, so that is a problem. Garland and Mitchell are too small. Mobley and Allen are not very good defending pick n roll. They have a lot of work to be a contender but they are really built for the regular season. I think they win a lot of games. Most likely more than 60+ which is much higher than Vegas expectations.

Mac4Lyfe

I'm riding Orlando -3 tonight first half vs the Rockets. They played a grueling OT game last night and lost a disappointing game with Fox hitting a last second buzzer beater from the logo. I think they come out strong tonight. Not sure they'll have the energy to finish though.

I'm also riding the Suns -2.5 vs Philly.

And I'm taking Atlanta first half and Game ML. I think they beat the Bucks tonight.

I'm locked and loaded on the Cavs -5. Not sure I'll take a 1st quarter or 1st half on them but maybe if these others hit.

Mac4Lyfe

I forgot the Lakers won't have Lebron tonight. Usually that means take the Lakers with their star player out but this team is dog shit. They can't score. I'm taking Jazz for the trifecta. 1st Q, 1st half and game line. Also Lakers under 109. This could hurt if the Jazz play like shit. I just think they are going to be very up for the Lakers, even without Lebron playing. Several Jazz players were in Cleveland which automatically makes the Lakers a team they want to show up.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

Blazers a mixed bag tonight. Still not sure what to make of them! Their offense is pretty horrible... but J.Grant is shooting the three well right now which is obviously huge. Nice bounce back win for them.

Mac4Lyfe

Blazers a mixed bag tonight. Still not sure what to make of them! Their offense is pretty horrible... but J.Grant is shooting the three well right now which is obviously huge. Nice bounce back win for them.
    Grant was nice tonight. Simons and of course Lillard. 37 point 4th quarter helped. Heat looked tired in the end.

Same with the Clippers. Great start but they wear out at the end of games. This Cavs team looks fantastic.

Mac4Lyfe

and just like that the Cavs gave up a double digit lead. WTF?

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

you have to laugh

Mac4Lyfe

Totally shocked. Fukking Cavs. 21-6 Clippers run beat the Cavs who got fukking lazy. That was fukking horseshit. Garland should have his game check withheld. WTF was that?

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    you have to laugh
    Can't believe what I just saw.

IBetYou

They got a bit cocky. Things had been going really well for them on the season and they thought the Clippers would just roll over. Clippers got some help from the refs too. Bickerstaff was abusing the Asian ref at the end there the full final couple mins -why do they allow that? I'd throw that ************ out lol

IBetYou

I seem to remember them suffering a loss like this last season before bouncing back strong the next game... can't place it.

Mac4Lyfe

They got a bit cocky. Things had been going really well for them on the season and they thought the Clippers would just roll over. Clippers got some help from the refs too. Bickerstaff was abusing the Asian ref at the end there the full final couple mins -why do they allow that? I'd throw that ************ out lol
    Brutal bad beat. Garland looked like he was point shaving. You're going to get those calls when the other team plays like the game is over with 5 minutes left. Hopefully they learn from this and not take their foot off the gas pedal. They literally stopped playing in the last few minutes as if the game was over.

Mac4Lyfe

I seem to remember them suffering a loss like this last season before bouncing back strong the next game... can't place it.
    They did but I can't remember who. Maybe Detroit?

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    They did but I can't remember who. Maybe Detroit?
    I've got it... The Sacramento game on the 10-Jan... they had a 10pt lead with 2mins to play. They actually won the game by 1pt but burned me ATS as they were 5pt favs. They annihilated Mitchell's Jazz in Utah the next game -stunner! The Sacramento game was a b2b just like this -Garland burning out in crunch time with dead legs.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave IBetYou 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mackave
    mackave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8417

funniest shit too was when they were tied, then PG13 got an and 1, so they go down the floor 2 for 1 and score, then they fukkiing foul the clippers purposely in the bonus with 16 seconds left when the shot clock was at like 10? fukking play some D and get another basket

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Brutal bad beat. Garland looked like he was point shaving. You're going to get those calls when the other team plays like the game is over with 5 minutes left. Hopefully they learn from this and not take their foot off the gas pedal. They literally stopped playing in the last few minutes as if the game was over.
    Been a lot of that this season across the lead. Nothing can compare to Dallas blowing a 16 point 3 minute home lead to OKC.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave d2bets 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

How many dogs won last night? I think only 3 faves covered the spread. WTF? Shit seemed fixed.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

How many dogs won last night? I think only 3 faves covered the spread. WTF? Shit seemed fixed.
    Lean into it. Play them puppies.

Of course there is always a blowout sprinkled in here and there, but it seems like a lot more closer games this season, or is that my imagination?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

One of the problem is players are really stupid you’re talking about guys with a approximately ninth grade minds , people you’re talking about many players don’t even know how a girl gets pregnant just think about that and we’re betting on them.

Almost all coaches have zero control what’s going on

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

I'll be rolling with the Cavs tonight against the Kings. I think they can win this game and cover again.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/clevela...gs-2022110923/

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'll be rolling with the Cavs tonight against the Kings. I think they can win this game and cover again.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/clevela...gs-2022110923/
    There are 0 games on the NBA card tonight.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    There are 0 games on the NBA card tonight.
    Tomorrow night I ment.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Oh by the way.....Haliburton 9-1 Over Pts/Assists this year. Pacers are coming for your Cavs))

Seriously though Carlisle knows the game and Haliburton is going to be a long term All Star. Averaging 21/9/5 with 46% from 3. Mathurin is special too. Our future looks bright!

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Oh by the way.....Haliburton 9-1 Over Pts/Assists this year. Pacers are coming for your Cavs))

Seriously though Carlisle knows the game and Haliburton is going to be a long term All Star. Averaging 21/9/5 with 46% from 3. Mathurin is special too. Our future looks bright!
    Haliburton can't even be the second best player on a championship team. He needs to be your 3rd best player. Right now he's the pacers best player? That team is going nowhere.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Haliburton can't even be the second best player on a championship team. He needs to be your 3rd best player. Right now he's the pacers best player? That team is going nowhere.
    22/10/5 is your 3rd best player? Maybe on the Miami dream team or something. You have to get to the playoffs before you can win it all. Have to start somewhere. Right now they're the 2nd highest scoring team in the East and 5th overall.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    22/10/5 is your 3rd best player? Maybe on the Miami dream team or something. You have to get to the playoffs before you can win it all. Have to start somewhere. Right now they're the 2nd highest scoring team in the East and 5th overall.
    22/10/5 with him handling the ball for the majority of the shot clock. Like with all good teams, when you go to a contender, your stats will drop when you play with other stars. If he played with Harden and Embiid and Maxey for example, he'd average 17/11/4.

I don't see halliburton being a superstar level player, just a guy who gets good stats. So yeah, I would say third best player on a championship team.

jjgold

Let’s see what they have tonight on the road coming off a tough loss

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Second half Clev -5.5.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Second half Clev -5.5.
    That buzzer beater 3 to end the 3rd sucked. Cavs need to gut this shit out.

jjgold

Mitchell hurts more than helps, cant win with guys firing up terrible shots and dominates the ball AKA Doncic

Utah knew

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Mitchell hurts more than helps, cant win with guys firing up terrible shots and dominates the ball AKA Doncic

Utah knew
    Are you insane??? Wait don’t answer that, of course you are.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Utah knew
    I think you mean ala Doncic. They're both efficient scorers. Problem with Mitchell is he doesn't pass the ball. Lately he's been hunting his own shot all game and then disappearing in crunch time -it's supposed to be the other way around, i.e get the others involved and then take over in crunch time. The other guard Garland is as erratic as they come, and clearly the worst defender in the league.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Last night the Cavs let me down

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Trying them again at home today after a 3 game losing streak on the road. I think they'll show at home!

This a MAJOR rebound game. Cavs will play hard.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/minneso...rs-2022111305/

First 1234 Last