Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Apparently, there is a "Problem" with the NHL that needs fixed

"Problem"

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

why are workforces never about the qualifications of the people and always about the race and sex of who is working? the most qualified people deserve the jobs, simple.
    Points Awarded:

magpie878 gave pologq 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hawkwind, and EddieMusher

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    why are workforces never about the qualifications of the people and always about the race and sex of who is working? the most qualified people deserve the jobs, simple.
    I think the logic is that if the distribution does not match the overall population mix, then there must be a bias in play somewhere.

That could easily just be that ice hockey is marketed more to white audiences or more white kids are attracted than black kids on average. Does not have to be racist hiring policies.

Not saying I agree with the focus, or that I think disparity automatically means a change is required. But big institutions like the NHL should be gathering data to seriously assess their situation. Thye leave themselves with no defense to the PC crowd if they don't.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24843

This is unbelievable. Same ol shit:

BTW, Grant Fuhr was identified as "black" (at least partially). Not that anyone ever cared.

ChuckyTheGoat

Brashear was a great tough guy. There were other great "brothers", too.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22986

F-K the PC crowd

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think the logic is that if the distribution does not match the overall population mix, then there must be a bias in play somewhere.

That could easily just be that ice hockey is marketed more to white audiences or more white kids are attracted than black kids on average. Does not have to be racist hiring policies.

Not saying I agree with the focus, or that I think disparity automatically means a change is required. But big institutions like the NHL should be gathering data to seriously assess their situation. Thye leave themselves with no defense to the PC crowd if they don't.
    I understand your point. In today's climate you are right. I just wish it was not the focus and they just assume all people in jobs are the "best qualified" unless there is actual evidence of race and sex inequality at play. Like if Gary Bettman said, "(insert race/sex) only for all exec jobs" I totally get it. But if it is not said then just accept the ratios and move on.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Many reasons for the NHL being the way it is.

Whites generally work Monday to Friday jobs and you have to have weekend off to go to tournaments. I'm speaking with first hand knowledge as I live in a hockey community. Colored folks work jobs that require weekend work and are more focused on getting nicer homes and Cars etc. This leaves there kids exposed to less opportunities to play hockey growing up and you need to start playing from a young age.
    Many colored folks push there kids to being doctors, lawyers etc

Equipment is expensive for sure but that's just an excuse because you can always shift your expenses.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19551

The NHL should take a page from thew NFL players and cite the racial makeup of the players compared to coaches and administrators when determining whether or not discrimination exists. Then they should take it a step further and consider the gender makeup of the players as well, 100% men on the ice should mean 100% men in the boardroom.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Who cares and why does everything need to match the overall population mix?

The fact is those that are qualified, do not always sync up with that.

Maybe she will go in the hood and pass out hockey equipment?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9225

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Who cares and why does everything need to match the overall population mix?

The fact is those that are qualified, do not always sync up with that.

Maybe she will go in the hood and pass out hockey equipment?
    Did you read the post you are responding to?

I said pretty much that.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47642

Did you read the post you are responding to?

I said pretty much that.
    I only read the beginning my apologies.

Do you ever hear people whining about not enough whites being in the NBA to match the overall population mix?

This whole participation trophy mentality is not realistic.

Life isn't fair and all this garbage is setting up young minds for an eye opening experience as they age.
    Points Awarded:

icon gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    This is unbelievable. Same ol shit:

BTW, Grant Fuhr was identified as "black" (at least partially). Not that anyone ever cared.
    That looks like Jerome Iginla.

Hockey is expensive, equipment, ice time, leagues etc etc so its usually not poor children that get the opportunity to play and thrive. Kids from the 'hood don't usually get to play league hockey, usually they gravitate to basketball. Much less expensive and available.
    Last edited by icon; 10-19-22 at 12:48 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Your apart of the PC crowd though.

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Most of the people who play hocey come from Europe and Canada ...what do you expect
    The irony is 80% of the NBA is black in a country where 13% is
    Much more disproportionate
    MUCH MORE
    And even more competitive basketball is played in non-black world which makes it worse

Why isit not a problem?
    Because diversity means less white people
    Because all this SJW equity nonsense is anti-white
    penetrate this bitch, Kim Davis and her pushing her tribalism

Until white people literally say penetrate off and get more tribal it will never end

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Already knew what this was gonna be about before opening the thread lol

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    That looks like Jerome Iginla.

Hockey is expensive, equipment, ice time, leagues etc etc so its usually not poor children that get the opportunity to play and thrive. Kids from the 'hood don't usually get to play league hockey, usually they gravitate to basketball. Much less expensive and available.
    Yes, it is Iginla.

I was trying to make the point that "blacks" do make the league and do well. Who cares about skin color?

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Yes, it is Iginla.

I was trying to make the point that "blacks" do make the league and do well. Who cares about skin color?
    the "blacks" do. They bring up the race card in every argument.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

The NBA's first internal demographic study found its workforce to be overwhelmingly black.

No racism if there are no whites just if there are no blacks.

I'd like to say "double standard" but as a white I'd be branded a racist.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Booya711

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    The NBA's first internal demographic study found its workforce to be overwhelmingly black.

No racism if there are no whites just if there are no blacks.

I'd like to say "double standard" but as a white I'd be branded a racist.
    I was about to bring up this exact point...

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Honestly I think the biggest thing is hockey is an expensive sport for towns and parents. Unfortunately this prevents a lot of non affluent neighborhoods to not have the resources to offer it.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave goduke 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mike Huntertz

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Honestly I think the biggest thing is hockey is an expensive sport for towns and parents. Unfortunately this prevents a lot of non affluent neighborhoods to not have the resources to offer it.
    True that. That is why soccer and baskeball are the most played sports world wide....cheap!
    Also how many frozen ponds to you find in Africa, Central America or the Carribean?????

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    very good point

it is not a sport you can just walk to the park or court to play either. football and basketball you just need the ball.

even baseball gets expensive with the price of bats and gloves.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8583

This is racism at its finest. If you don't see it, then you are either a racist, a woke pussy or just plain dumb.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

I don't think those numbers are about the players

think employees of the teams in general, right?

captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10650

This woman is a moron. Whites do not cry like babies about NBA being mostly black because they are better at it then whites are. Hockey will be mainly white because that is who is mainly good at it. So if you are going to remove whites from hockey i guess you better start getting rid of all the black players and coaches and staff and add more whites just so it is not racist.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy

Blacks will never be satisfied. You could eliminate the entire white population, and they would still bitch about something

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

aren't we talking front office and concession stand workers here?

or do you all think 39% of nhl players are white?

NBA ushers and front office workers prob have different numbers. but it would be interesting to see breakdown of Canada vs US teams . and like original 6 teams vs those south of mason Dixon line

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    aren't we talking front office and concession stand workers here?

or do you all think 39% of nhl players are white?

NBA ushers and front office workers prob have different numbers. but it would be interesting to see breakdown of Canada vs US teams . and like original 6 teams vs those south of mason Dixon line
    Wrong like usual. If you take a look at articles online, There not satisfied with just the workforce being too high with whites they want more people of color playing in the league. To make that happen they want to make push at the youth level to push for minorities to play hockey to lower the the number of white people playing hockey. Of course where is the majority of that tax money going to come from? White people.

“A number of those steps are already in progress,” Davis said. “You can’t expect to recruit (Black, Indigenous and people of color) folks to work in the league if you don’t at the same time have your stadium fan code of conduct underway so people feel like the sport is really serious about growing the fan base. You also have to make sure that you are reaching out to the communities from a youth participation perspective, so all of those efforts are underway.

https://apnews.com/article/nhl-sport...c6203fa19fda1f

The whole end game in this country is to make whites a minority and bring about a communist satanic takeover.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

huh?

those are (off the ice jobs) otherwise what does this line from the article mean? or show me some women on the ice...

That nearly mirrors the situation on the ice, where more than 90% of players and nearly all coaches and officials are white.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

huh?

those are (off the ice jobs) otherwise what does this line from the article mean? or show me some women on the ice...

That nearly mirrors the situation on the ice, where more than 90% of players and nearly all coaches and officials are white.

Of course you know what means. They want to reduce that number of 90% to a much lower number and have people of color play in the league. They'll say its about adding more of a larger demographic to add viewership but they also just want to kill everything that resembles a white majority in this country. It's pretty obvious that white males are the most targeted group in America. Been that way for years.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

again. what does the 84% number entail? players or ALL workers?

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

again. what does the 84% number entail? players or ALL workers?
    Workers and what does the 90 percent entail? Players and coaches. So there including both. They want reduction of both workers and players and coaches.

Mike Huntertz

This thread shouldn't be salooned but it is so stupid I think some people in this world should be.
    I'm just shaking my head at how idiotic the planet is getting.
    The best PERSON for the job has long since past, it is now what genitalia you have, what color you are, or who ya screw that dictates employment.
    The end game will be, the fall of a society that goes down this path.
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Mike Huntertz 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3668

People are missing the point here. This is what Globalists wanted. It was a 30-yr program in which they slowly replaced the local voices from all the power circles/institutions in all the major western countries. Why 'Don Cherry, who was a long time analyst from CBC's coach's corner, was quickly fired? Why do you think the CEOs of Big Tech like Google, MSFT and others are Indians? These replacements can be good puppets for globalists. And how come Kamala Harris has became VP of a powerful nation, at least, until now? Why mayors of big western cities like London, Calgary and many others are becoming non-whites? The LGBT+ community was just around 3% in US 15 yrs back, and now it is at almost 10%, yes, whopping 35 million. What do you think about LGBT+ community in 30 yrs with the indoctrination US kids going through at schools? Russia clearly knows what's happening in western countries.
    Yes, whites are being replaced in all the western countries. Being myself from visible minority, I can tell the truth.
    Last edited by bhoor; 10-19-22 at 07:59 PM.

123 Last