1. #1
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 14,740
    Betpoints: 506

    Suns lose as 30 pt favorites last night.

    Suns lose by 10 to ADALaide 36ers by 10 in preseason hoops. Moneyline on them at Fan Duel was -20,000.

  2. #2
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,750
    Betpoints: 2631

    do we know what the underdog was price wise? that is a "back to the future get doc brown to take you back to place a bet" type game.

  3. #3
    gooner89
    gooner89's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-15-13
    Posts: 226
    Betpoints: 96

    Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    do we know what the underdog was price wise? that is a "back to the future get doc brown to take you back to place a bet" type game.
    I'm in the UK so we use fractional odds but best price over here was 40/1, I believe that is +4000? Could be wrong and am open to correction
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/21/2022


  4. #4
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 14,740
    Betpoints: 506

    Quote Originally Posted by gooner89 View Post
    I'm in the UK so we use fractional odds but best price over here was 40/1, I believe that is +4000? Could be wrong and am open to correction
    I believe it was +7500.

  5. #5
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 45,110
    Betpoints: 6610

    Yeah, pre season NBA attracts a lot of attention LOL
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/21/2022


  6. #6
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,275
    Betpoints: 6885

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Yeah, pre season NBA attracts a lot of attention LOL
    yeah we know, the only way to be a successful pro gambler is to just focus on the biggest games in the biggest sports... no need to waste your time with 30 pt underdogs that win outright
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  7. #7
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 45,110
    Betpoints: 6610

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    yeah we know, the only way to be a successful pro gambler is to just focus on the biggest games in the biggest sports... no need to waste your time with 30 pt underdogs that win outright
    Mike, I don't know any books that take significant action on exhibition games like this.

    So what's your point? Do you have one??
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/21/2022


  8. #8
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,750
    Betpoints: 2631

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I believe it was +7500.
    damn that is crazy. even $20 gets you $1500 but you would never think to take it.

  9. #9
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,275
    Betpoints: 6885

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Mike, I don't know any books that take significant action on exhibition games like this.

    So what's your point? Do you have one??
    my point is that for 14 years you have criticized stuff like nba preseason, nfl preseason, etc etc... while people that are better gamblers than you repeatedly say there are opportunities there, especially on underdogs

    but yet you stay blind, deaf, and dumb and use that as an excuse "i don't know any books" blah blah blah

    bookmaker takes 2k on sides, 1k on totals and 1k on moneylines... and you can rebet as many times as you want, so you could easily bet 20k on a nba preseason game
    Points Awarded:

    KVB gave milwaukee mike 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  10. #10
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 392,759
    Betpoints: 1144

    I didn’t mean anything nobody in their right mind should’ve laid 30 points

  11. #11
    El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 18,430
    Betpoints: 1543

    Suns are a sell on team this season. It's going to be a dumpster fire. Ayton pissed and doesn't want to be there, Crowder wants out. Coach isn't communicating with players, Sarver gone. Shit organization.

  12. #12
    Thrilla
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-15
    Posts: 13,627
    Betpoints: 9641

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    I believe it was +7500.
    Where?

  13. #13
    Thrilla
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-15
    Posts: 13,627
    Betpoints: 9641

    Quote Originally Posted by gooner89 View Post
    I'm in the UK so we use fractional odds but best price over here was 40/1, I believe that is +4000? Could be wrong and am open to correction
    Correct, Betfair odds exchange

  14. #14
    Thrilla
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-10-15
    Posts: 13,627
    Betpoints: 9641

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I didn’t mean anything nobody in their right mind should’ve laid 30 points
    Couldn't get any serious money in on the game anyway. Bunch of low limit books had it on offer

  15. #15
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,275
    Betpoints: 6885

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Couldn't get any serious money in on the game anyway. Bunch of low limit books had it on offer
    i'm pretty sure i saw a moneyline at betonline/sbag but i couldn't remember what it was
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  16. #16
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,996
    Betpoints: 13597

    Why do people worry about bets they could have had but didn't, when they didn't know about the teams in the first place? Anyone here actually follow NBL?!

    Total non-story anyway. Suns played like shit vs a shit team. Not the first time an NBL team has played an NBA team tough on American ground... Melbourne lost in OKC by just 1pt as 30pt dogs 5 years ago.
    Last edited by IBetYou; 10-03-22 at 10:09 PM.

  17. #17
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,275
    Betpoints: 6885

    Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Why do people worry about bets they could have had but didn't, when they didn't know about the teams in the first place? Anyone here actually follow NBL?!

    Total non-story anyway. Suns played like shit vs a shit team. Not the first time an NBL team has played an NBA team tough on American ground... Melbourne lost in OKC by just 1pt as 30pt dogs 5 years ago.
    adelaide is playing again on thursday

    you say nobody knows anything, and then point out that aussie teams play well in nba preseason

    2019-2020 aussie/nz teams were 4-1 ats vs nba
    2018-2019 aussie/nz teams were 6-1 ats
    2017-2018 aussie teams were 3-0 ats

    so in the history of these matchups the foreign teams counting this year... are 14-2 ats

    and yet you play dumb like landers and say why worry about bets that nobody would make
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  18. #18
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,996
    Betpoints: 13597

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    adelaide is playing again on thursday

    you say nobody knows anything, and then point out that aussie teams play well in nba preseason

    2019-2020 aussie/nz teams were 4-1 ats vs nba
    2018-2019 aussie/nz teams were 6-1 ats
    2017-2018 aussie teams were 3-0 ats

    so in the history of these matchups the foreign teams counting this year... are 14-2 ats

    and yet you play dumb like landers and say why worry about bets that nobody would make
    Wow you think it's really that simple... this team from this league played well against this team from that league and so these teams from this league will always play well from teams from this league. Good grief.

  19. #19
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,996
    Betpoints: 13597

    Got your stats wrong from '19 anyway.

    Melboure: 1-1
    Perth: 1-1
    Adelaide: 0-1
    Syndney: 1-0
    NZB: 1-0

  20. #20
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,275
    Betpoints: 6885

    Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Got your stats wrong from '19 anyway.

    Melboure: 1-1
    Perth: 1-1
    Adelaide: 0-1
    Syndney: 1-0
    NZB: 1-0
    yeah my bad i guess it was 12-4 then? what was the spread in that utah/adelaide game where utah won by 30? that was 1 of my 2 errors
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  21. #21
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,996
    Betpoints: 13597

    28-Sep 19:00 Melbourne United Phi -21 84 104
    29-Sep 21:00 Perth Wildcats Uta -22.5 72 130
    30-Sep 21:30 Sydney Kings LAC -24 91 110
    03-Oct 22:00 New Zealand Breakers Pho -23 86 91
    05-Oct 19:00 Melbourne United Tor -24 82 120
    05-Oct Perth Wildcats Den -25 88 96
    05-Oct 21:00 Adelaide 36ers Uta -27.5 99 129

    Handicap for the home side.

  22. #22
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,275
    Betpoints: 6885

    Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Wow you think it's really that simple... this team from this league played well against this team from that league and so these teams from this league will always play well from teams from this league. Good grief.
    i didn't say that... but every single year that they've had these matchups, taking the dogs has worked... so it seems like the spreads are too high

    betting is about looking for angles, you don't have to "always play well" to win 53% ats
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  23. #23
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,996
    Betpoints: 13597

    11-4 isn't it? 4 + 4 + 3 =11?

  24. #24
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,996
    Betpoints: 13597

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    i didn't say that... but every single year that they've had these matchups, taking the dogs has worked... so it seems like the spreads are too high

    betting is about looking for angles, you don't have to "always play well" to win 53% ats
    You need to know who's on the roster. Who's injured and who's getting rested that night. Common misconception in these games is that for these players on foreign teams this is the highlight of their lives playing against an NBA team... that's not true; these teams have their own championship aspirations and their coaches in many cases are managing things like workload and integrating new play calls.

  25. #25
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,275
    Betpoints: 6885

    Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    11-4 isn't it? 4 + 4 + 3 =11?
    i said counting this year, so i was including the win by adelaide yesterday
    thanks for the correction, and the good discussion... predators taken to the limit by sc bern as a -700 today too

    curious to see what the adelaide spread looks like on thursday
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  26. #26
    milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-22-07
    Posts: 26,275
    Betpoints: 6885

    Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    You need to know who's on the roster. Who's injured and who's getting rested that night. Common misconception in these games is that for these players on foreign teams this is the highlight of their lives playing against an NBA team... that's not true; these teams have their own championship aspirations and their coaches in many cases are managing things like workload and integrating new play calls.
    nobody decent is flying from australia just to sit on the bench! i think all 14 guys played for adelaide, and their best guys franks/randall played 42/37 mins... no starter on the suns played more than 22 mins

    when torrey craig and cameron payne are playing your most minutes, you shouldn't be favored by 30!
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/17/2022


  27. #27
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,996
    Betpoints: 13597

    Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    nobody decent is flying from australia just to sit on the bench! i think all 14 guys played for adelaide, and their best guys franks/randall played 42/37 mins... no starter on the suns played more than 22 mins

    when torrey craig and cameron payne are playing your most minutes, you shouldn't be favored by 30!
    Well you'd be surprised. I've been burned in the past by players like Teodosic (CSKA) in his prime skipping such games. They're a chance for a squad to gain confidence going into the new season but they are not that important.

  28. #28
    slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-13
    Posts: 20,883
    Betpoints: 3731

    its bullshite guys wake up

  29. #29
    slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-12-13
    Posts: 20,883
    Betpoints: 3731

    The 3rd 11 suns lineup could have beat these guys

  30. #30
    Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-13-06
    Posts: 14,740
    Betpoints: 506

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Where?
    Fan Duel.

  31. #31
    IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-03-15
    Posts: 6,996
    Betpoints: 13597

    The sharp money was fading RaAnana (0-3 ATS). Now that I think about it, what was a 2nd division Israeli team doing playing against NBA teams? ...and seeing point spreads similar to Adelaide (i.e as if they are on the same level)

Top