tmoible
    tmoible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

The cleveland indians will win 2022 World Series!

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Good luck. they have a shot. Possible but not probable

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

A bunch of punch and judy hitters they don't have a chance. Will be beat in first series.

WRMusic
    WRMusic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1289

Quote Originally Posted by tmoible View Post
    This is extremely interesting to me. Lifelong Braves fan here. I’ve been contemplating pretty hard lately on who wins this year’s WS. I keep coming back to the Cleveland “Indians” as well. Cleveland is flying under the radar this year just like my Braves did last year. They have the youngest team in all of MLB. They can hit. They move runners over, don’t only rely on the HR, etc. Most importantly, their pitching staff can hang w/basically any staff out there. However, there are a few reasons I’m hesitant to pick them:

First, MLB is desperate for viewers. I always remember, sports is entertainment. No “conspiracy” talk necessary. That’s simply a fact. The Mets/Yankees meeting for another “Subway Series” would be a dream come true for MLB. That matchup would bring ratings/eyeballs as much as any other MLB could hand pick.

Second, (and I certainly realize I’m biased on this one, but…) once again, the Atlanta Braves have set themselves up to have a very realistic shot at defending their WS title from last season. There are MANY similarities that have happened since the AS break that remind me of last season. After last night & tonight, with them beating DeGrom and Scherzer back to back and holding the Mets lineup to only 2 runs in both games…if they can do that, they certainly are more than capable of repeating.

Finally, ahhhh….never mind. Let’s just end it there and have a repeat of the 1995 WS matchup:

The Cleveland Indians (Guardians)
    vs.
    The Atlanta Braves

WRMusic

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    A bunch of punch and judy hitters they don't have a chance. Will be beat in first series.
    I would guess it’s safe to assume you wrote off the Atlanta Braves last year too…(probably at the All-Star break.) A team with a pitching staff who can compete and a lineup that can manufacture runs…well, that’s pretty much the exact formula required for ANY team to win the trophy.

Let’s make this fun…Tell us who you think (as of right now, with only a handful of regular season games to go…) who do you think wins this year’s WS?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I have this ticket from a month ago

I have Astros over Braves but I have this one
    Points Awarded:

WRMusic gave Louisvillekid1 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

How can they win when they do not even exist?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Omg ^ you owe the forum a winner after this post

WRMusic

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
    How can they win when they do not even exist?
    Lol. They still exist. They just had to appease the sensitive white people that (for whatever reason) are offended by the “Indians” name. I’m white and unapologetically (because I got no say in my ethnicity, skin color, etc…while sliding down the birth canal 39 years ago…) I can assure you that the overwhelming majority (probably well over 95% of the people complaining about the name “Indians”) are white people who are just dying to feel like they fit in somewhere.

This same crowd has been trying (wasting way too much time and energy along the way too..) they’ve been trying for multiple years to force the Braves to also change their team name. However, the Atlanta Braves organization as a whole has intelligently managed to keep that crowd doing nothing BUT whining and complaining. If you go to an Atlanta Braves home game, you’ll see that the Braves always have an actual Native American tribe (local to the state of Georgia) at the games and participating in all of the festivities. They honor them and the PA announcer tells a bit about their history before the games start. The Braves fans respond with a genuine standing ovation and with that working relationship…Braves fans get too show their respect, as well as learn a bit about their culture. Obviously, monetary donations and charitable acts accompany all of this, and so far…it’s working out pretty dang well. If they didn’t feel truly welcome at the games…they wouldn’t continue to show up (in large numbers) to every home game.

History will certainly repeat itself anytime we as a society/species refuse to acknowledge the wrongs that were committed in the past. (And not only acknowledge them, but learn from them and attempt to move forward vowing to not allow things that were clearly wrong and often times outright EVIL…to make sure those things are learned from and NEVER REPEATED.

***Changing the name of a team’s mascot…all that does is to prevent the topic from coming up and therefore, the conversation that definitely needs to he had will just be avoided and swept under the rug***

It’s amazing what not watching the news and going outside into the world day to day while constantly coming into contact with people from all sorts of backgrounds will do for a person. It doesn’t take long at all to realize that at the end of the day…we’re all one race…the human race. (Don’t care how cheesy it may sound. It’s just a simple truth of life.) I, nor anyone else is responsible for the wrongdoings of my ancestors who I never met and will never meet during my lifetime. I’m responsible for my actions, my decisions, learning from the past and making sure that I do everything I can to prevent the horrors of the past from ever happening again. If everyone would just take that on and be accountable to themselves for those things that they do actually have control over…the Cleveland Guardians would be nothing more than maybe the name of a female motorcycle club or something…. 😂
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave WRMusic 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yo you gotta write more homie ^

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by WRMusic View Post
    Finally, ahhhh….never mind. Let’s just end it there and have a repeat of the 1995 WS matchup:
    The Cleveland Indians (Guardians)
    vs.
    The Atlanta Braves
    Let’s hope the Indians don’t have Jose Fukkking Mesa to blow another save, so the Indians can win the whole fukking thing this time.

I think they changed the name to sell more shit. Smart move actually.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

just like china beat us yesterday in your other thread

tmoible
    tmoible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    just like china beat us yesterday in your other thread
    Chine women basketball is not even closed as USA

tmoible