1. #1
    EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-15
    Posts: 433
    Betpoints: 2046

    My name is Eddie Mush and I'm an alcoholic

    Points Awarded:

    payupsucker gave EddieMusher 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kindred

  2. #2
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 393,008
    Betpoints: 429

    Best of luck

  3. #3
    EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-15
    Posts: 433
    Betpoints: 2046

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Best of luck
    Thank you, friend.

  4. #4
    CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 9,633
    Betpoints: 347

    Musher you trying to stop now ? I use to drink too much....I wish you all the best.!!!

  5. #5
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    Hey bro ,

    I am as well

    almost a year sober

    hit me up on private message ill give you my number

    I don't have all the answers, but if your serious I do anything I can

  6. #6
    EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-15
    Posts: 433
    Betpoints: 2046

    Quote Originally Posted by CappinTerp View Post
    Musher you trying to stop now ? I use to drink too much....I wish you all the best.!!!
    Thank you, Cap! I'm trying to stop. Pink Floyd is my favorite band! My favorite song is Echoes. What is your favorite song?

  7. #7
    EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-15
    Posts: 433
    Betpoints: 2046

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Hey bro ,

    I am as well

    almost a year sober

    hit me up on private message ill give you my number

    I don't have all the answers, but if your serious I do anything I can
    Thank you for your support!

  8. #8
    SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-08
    Posts: 20,044
    Betpoints: 1590

    Eddie are you hammered now?

  9. #9
    EddieMusher
    Fuggedaboutit!
    EddieMusher's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-15
    Posts: 433
    Betpoints: 2046

    Quote Originally Posted by SlickFazzer View Post
    Eddie are you hammered now?
    Yes, but I'm coming down.

  10. #10
    SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-08
    Posts: 20,044
    Betpoints: 1590

    Eddie try to get a gallon of water in today before you go back to the booze.

  11. #11
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    Musher, don't stop cold

    Ive been to hospital 10+ for withdraw, I go hard though

    be careful

    Folic Acid, B1 (thiamine) , zophram , atitvan, multi vitamins are you friends...

    If your serious , which I think you are, just hit me up man , don't be scared ...

    Everyone knows me here...

  12. #12
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    have you been through withdraw b4?

    bro its the scariest shit ever, I'm 37 now, and its harder every time...

    please you have love here my man, hit me up

    fukk it (856) 625 - 3992

    I'll put it out there , that's how important it is
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Luv2Play2

  13. #13
    Nate rasta
    Nate rasta's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-30-22
    Posts: 1,075
    Betpoints: 670

    I'm alcoholic too.i drink beer almost every day.no hard liq tho.i don't get physical withdrawals.what are the symptoms of withdrawal louisvillekid?

  14. #14
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    omg bro

    scariest thing ever

    need 3 shots to function in the morning

    anxiety is so bad it feels like death would be better

    I've been through it so many times, so dumb

    shakes and all that

    That's why you need the benzo;s ( Ativan I prefer, but librium will help as well)

    You need B1 and folic acid, it sounds dumb but its protects your brain

    multi vit you need for anemia, iron

    and then don't get me started on the GI shit

    Carafate , Pepcid, because that GERD is no joke, it fukkin burns so bad

    Zophram ( I can't spell it ) is nausea meds they give to cancer patients, its a tablet under your tongue, because if you throwing up , the pills won't work...

  15. #15
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    musher nobody posts shit like that unless its real.

    I just put my personal # out there,

    I know that life fam
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: miaplus3

  16. #16
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    I'm alcoholic too.i drink beer almost every day.no hard liq tho.i don't get physical withdrawals.what are the symptoms of withdrawal louisvillekid?
    Im 20-24 shots of liquor a day, airplane bottles 2 sleeves ....

    well I was ...

    im a year sober around thanksgiving


    I was always heavy drinker but I was going out


    once I started isolating and drinking solo at home , it became a wrap , but that's the progression
    Points Awarded:

    JohnGalt2341 gave Louisvillekid1 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  17. #17
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    Musher we love you, hit me the fukk up for real, don't be shy

    you took the first step

  18. #18
    Nate rasta
    Nate rasta's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-30-22
    Posts: 1,075
    Betpoints: 670

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Im 20-24 shots of liquor a day, airplane bottles 2 sleeves ....

    well I was ...

    im a year sober around thanksgiving


    I was always heavy drinker but I was going out


    once I started isolating and drinking solo at home , it became a wrap , but that's the progression
    Dam congrats on the recovery. You saved your life

  19. #19
    Nate rasta
    Nate rasta's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-30-22
    Posts: 1,075
    Betpoints: 670

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    musher nobody posts shit like that unless its real.

    I just put my personal # out there,

    I know that life fam
    He's probably sleeping. He said he was coming down earlier.

    Good luck Eddie you can do it

  20. #20
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398


  21. #21
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398


  22. #22
    OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-02-21
    Posts: 2,913
    Betpoints: 3750

    wow eddie i support you i wish i could drink a lil bit like i used too but diabetic now and i tried even the the new hard seltzers or whatever they call it but took 1 sip and blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wasted $5 in trash it went...

    get help get someone to talk u off it or else you might loose your helth and wind up mmm ya know

  23. #23
    GWags
    GWags's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-07-13
    Posts: 412
    Betpoints: 972

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    omg bro

    scariest thing ever

    need 3 shots to function in the morning

    anxiety is so bad it feels like death would be better

    I've been through it so many times, so dumb

    shakes and all that

    That's why you need the benzo;s ( Ativan I prefer, but librium will help as well)

    You need B1 and folic acid, it sounds dumb but its protects your brain

    multi vit you need for anemia, iron

    and then don't get me started on the GI shit

    Carafate , Pepcid, because that GERD is no joke, it fukkin burns so bad

    Zophram ( I can't spell it ) is nausea meds they give to cancer patients, its a tablet under your tongue, because if you throwing up , the pills won't work...
    Don't forget the suicidal thoughts, dreams of terror, self loathing, and loved seeing demons in the middle of the night. It's a dead end road and I highly recommend a medical detox. Withdrawals can lead to life threatening seizures.
    There is a better life! Seek help! I tried several AA locations before I found one that worked for me. You need to be held accountable by someone else as well. I made it through by committing to not drinking that day and saying just that every morning. Sobriety comes one day at a time. God Bless and there is help and although you feel alone there are thousands in your area with the same struggle and wanting better.

  24. #24
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 17,339
    Betpoints: 23

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    No doubt. One of my favorite songs.

  25. #25
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 57,143
    Betpoints: 21660

    I gave up booze four years ago, I was up to a pint and a half hundy proof vodka a day.
    Got tired of the headaches in the morning, the empty calories, everything.

    I'm not looking back.
    Best thing I ever did for my family, my dogs, myself.

    Best of luck Eddie, if you want to kick it bad enough, it's easily obtainable.
    Points Awarded:

    JohnGalt2341 gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GWags, Louisvillekid1, and koz-man

  26. #26
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 17,339
    Betpoints: 23

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Im 20-24 shots of liquor a day, airplane bottles 2 sleeves ....

    well I was ...

    im a year sober around thanksgiving


    I was always heavy drinker but I was going out


    once I started isolating and drinking solo at home , it became a wrap , but that's the progression
    Tough sledding. Glad you are doing better.

  27. #27
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    Quote Originally Posted by GWags View Post
    Don't forget the suicidal thoughts, dreams of terror, self loathing, and loved seeing demons in the middle of the night. It's a dead end road and I highly recommend a medical detox. Withdrawals can lead to life threatening seizures.
    There is a better life! Seek help! I tried several AA locations before I found one that worked for me. You need to be held accountable by someone else as well. I made it through by committing to not drinking that day and saying just that every morning. Sobriety comes one day at a time. God Bless and there is help and although you feel alone there are thousands in your area with the same struggle and wanting better.
    What my man said!

    life is great and beautiful !!!!!

    please call me or go to rehab, I did myself

    its nothing to be ashamed off , its courage my guy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GWags

  28. #28
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    people places things, you know...

    page 417 you know...

    Acceptance & accountability

    Make sure you check in, hope your sleeping one off...

    I was never able to do that, I just drink around the clock...

    WE LOVE YOU BRO

    THANKS FOR TAKING THAT FIRST STEP and throwing up the white flag

    Its hard to surrender

  29. #29
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    Quote Originally Posted by GWags View Post
    Don't forget the suicidal thoughts, dreams of terror, self loathing, and loved seeing demons in the middle of the night. It's a dead end road and I highly recommend a medical detox. Withdrawals can lead to life threatening seizures.
    There is a better life! Seek help! I tried several AA locations before I found one that worked for me. You need to be held accountable by someone else as well. I made it through by committing to not drinking that day and saying just that every morning. Sobriety comes one day at a time. God Bless and there is help and although you feel alone there are thousands in your area with the same struggle and wanting better.
    Those hallusations are insanly demoic

    Its in insidious disease

  30. #30
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 57,143
    Betpoints: 21660

    Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    people places things, you know...
    Triggers too.
    Kid gets it.

  31. #31
    gauchojake
    Fansplainer
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 32,259
    Betpoints: 5218

    Eddie, hang in there pal. 6 plus years here. It's possible to live an awesome life free of drugs and booze. If you need anything hit me up
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pablo222
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/28/2022


  32. #32
    Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-17-07
    Posts: 52,029
    Betpoints: 398

    What they are saying!

    Im only 11 months ish

    I was scared shitless of never having fun again

    let me tell you brother its not a cult , like I used to call AA

    its a family, and that's even later on

    Just understand we love you for now, and if your not going through withdraws , count your blessings...

    call me anytime...

  33. #33
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,344
    Betpoints: 27307

    Get well Eddie , hope you can get sober .

    Do they have AA in Finland ? He wrote in a soccer thread he lives in Finland .

    GL 👍

  34. #34
    pologq
    Make SBR Betpoints Matter Again
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 17,856
    Betpoints: 2684

    eddie i wish you the best. take it 1 hour at a time.

    kudos to kid and others who are currently sober amd battling thru.

  35. #35
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,669
    Betpoints: 52

    Best wishes Eddie M.

1234 ... Last
Top