flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Donk View Post
    FUNNY, this is late sept, and this is the first f'n hurricane to even get into the gulf...... climate fukks last year were saying how bad hurricane season would be due to climate change..... and this is THE FIRST F'N ONE OF THE SEASON......

THEY SKIPPED TO THE i'S to make it seem like we've had ten already, and they have not materialized, so they started naming any little storm out in the atlantic for the first 8-9 of the season.....

climate change is fake fukkin' news....
    That is weird, why did they skip to the I's? is there an explanation for this anywhere?

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    That is weird, why did they skip to the I's? is there an explanation for this anywhere?
    here it is:

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This is because the tropical storms are named first at 39 mph winds. If a tropical storm doesn't become a hurricane then the next tropical storm gets a new name. And there was hurricane Fiona last week that destroyed Puerto Rico and Canada.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Thiss is because the tropical storms are named first at 39 mph winds. If a tropical storm doesn't become a hurricane then the next tropical storm gets a new name. And there was hurricane Fiona last week that destroyed Puerto Rico and Canada.
    Good try, but he doesn't care about facts. Just let him have his imagination.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Thiss is because the tropical storms are named first at 39 mph winds. If a tropical storm doesn't become a hurricane then the next tropical storm gets a new name. And there was hurricane Fiona last week that destroyed Puerto Rico and Canada.
    I haven't been watching the news from America lately but does the Typhoon hitting Vietnam today have anything to do with the one hitting Florida?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I haven't been watching the news from America lately but does the Typhoon hitting Vietnam today have anything to do with the one hitting Florida?
    Both regions, Pacific and Atlantic are in their most active time of the year for typhoons and hurricanes. The probabilty of having a typhoon and a hurricane at the same time is very high this time of the year.

Auto Donk

Both regions, Pacific and Atlantic are in their most active time of the year for typhoons and hurricanes. The probabilty of having a typhoon and a hurricane at the same time is very high this time of the year.
    how is cougar hunting this time of year, ol cougar slayer?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Climate change is a real bitch. Only gonna get worse, not better. Sadly. I would never live in a coastal type area.
    man-made climate change is a big hoax to push everyone into a "green agenda"

carbon dioxide emissions from the industrial revolution are responsible for a much greener planet! here's a breaking news story, plants need co2!

2006 al gore said we would all be melting by now, whoops, they've tried every trick in the book, from chopping off the left edge of the "hockey stick"... to moving temperature readings to airports where they are higher... to outright lying and fabricating data

nothing humans do will affect the planet one iota... this planet was here way before us, and will be here way after us

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    man-made climate change is a big hoax to push everyone into a "green agenda"

carbon dioxide emissions from the industrial revolution are responsible for a much greener planet! here's a breaking news story, plants need co2!

2006 al gore said we would all be melting by now, whoops, they've tried every trick in the book, from chopping off the left edge of the "hockey stick"... to moving temperature readings to airports where they are higher... to outright lying and fabricating data

nothing humans do will affect the planet one iota... this planet was here way before us, and will be here way after us
    Nonsense. Some of the emissions stuff is overrated, granted. The biggest culprit, talked about less often, is deforestation and the destruction of tropical forests. Climate change is real real and human's actions have played a major role. How could it not!? We are all over the place doing all kinds of shit that was never done for millenia.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    This could be historically devestating
    Breaking news! Ian will be a basic tropical

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

It will hit south of Tampa, cross over the peninsula and hit Carolina. Been calling it for a few days now

milwaukee mike

Nonsense. Some of the emissions stuff is overrated, granted. The biggest culprit, talked about less often, is deforestation and the destruction of tropical forests. Climate change is real real and human's actions have played a major role. How could it not!? We are all over the place doing all kinds of shit that was never done for millenia.
    now that is completely the opposite of what the news would have you focus on

yes, destroying wildlife and cutting down trees is bad for the planet... but giving plants co2 is not bad

common sense

but cutting down some trees isn't going to magically make the planet warmer and cause hurricanes, give me a break

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

The sun is a trillion times more powerful than anything man made including nukes. The only thing that matters as to the survivability of this planet is our solar system and primarily our sun. If we get hit by an asteroid we're fuckked. If our sun changes significantly or blows we're fuckked. Hurricanes and tornadoes and fires and what not have been happening since recorded history. If you look through historical data some of the most powerful natural disasters happened over a century ago long before everyone was driving cars and flying in airplanes. If ppl really cared about lowering greenhouse gases they would immediately stop eating meat as the mass production in factory farms is the single biggest contributor. Uh oh that doesn't fit their anti oil agenda does it? They hate facts because it exposes their fraud.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32295

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Breaking news! Ian will be a basic tropical
    They all break down to TS status after awhile.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    The sun is a trillion times more powerful than anything man made including nukes. The only thing that matters as to the survivability of this planet is our solar system and primarily our sun. If we get hit by an asteroid we're fuckked. If our sun changes significantly or blows we're fuckked. Hurricanes and tornadoes and fires and what not have been happening since recorded history. If you look through historical data some of the most powerful natural disasters happened over a century ago long before everyone was driving cars and flying in airplanes. If ppl really cared about lowering greenhouse gases they would immediately stop eating meat as the mass production in factory farms is the single biggest contributor. Uh oh that doesn't fit their anti oil agenda does it? They hate facts because it exposes their fraud.
    The sun has been around for more that four BILLION years.
    Nothing is going to happen there any time soon.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11767

Got storm surge?

milwaukee mike

one of the climate scientists (former head of australia's national climate center) is speaking out against man-made climate change

https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uplo...use-Effect.pdf

but oh wait i forgot "the science is settled" just like the vaccines are 100% safe and effective, and inflation is transitory lololol

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 955

go to the weather channel, they really put the fun in it, putting themselves in harms way, each trying to outdo the next dope...... and it's nonstop coverage, you don't have to put up with fake news about jan 6 or the stupid fukkin' maralago raid.....
    What? The hurricane is coming because of January 6! You know that!

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Wait, what?
    I thought January 6 was coming because of January 5.
    No?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Climate change is a real bitch. Only gonna get worse, not better. Sadly. I would never live in a coastal type area.
    Extreme weather is part of nature. It cycles also. Nothing new to see here. More areas are populated is the only difference so we all see more destruction when extreme weather hits these highly populated areas that are fully developed. There has always been massive hurricanes happening in decades past in these areas.

FACT - Oceans aren't rising yet, polar caps still are solid ice and not melted, etc. When the oceans rise a foot and I can visibly see it then I will believe in climate change and buy an electric car that will tax the electric grid when charging.

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Are there any SBR posters currently posting while driving to get out of harms way?

MovinUnits
    MovinUnits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This.
    I lived through dozens of New England hurricanes, including Super Storm Sandy.
    The problems is and always will be water.
    I've seen the Connecticut River go from level to flood in mere hours, and there's nothing you can do about it.
    We’ve never had “dozens” of hurricanes in N.E.
    “Super storms” are fake semantic weather phrases used by millennials.
    On that note see: “ Sink Tampa Forever” = the dumbest take I’ve read all week. ….Like it’s hurricane Andrew or something - you Miami-Dade people know what I mean.
    These kids make me vomit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dr. Fager

RonT73
    RonT73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12541

We live in downtown St Pete. Fug it. 😂😂😂😂. Plenty of booze and natural gas stove. Riding it out.

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    that's right, as Ian was the leader of the maga right wing extremists that sat at pelosi's desk's name.......

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22632

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    90 mph MAX winds expected in TAMPA, LOL

COMPLETE JOKE

I threw up harder than that today
    It's not the wind speed it's the storm surge or for you the upchuck rate!

Auto Donk

Quote Originally Posted by RonT73 View Post
    We live in downtown St Pete. Fug it. . Plenty of booze and natural gas stove. Riding it out.
    awesome, tho it looks like the bitch, i mean, dude, is going to turn in now south of sarasota....... you might dodge the devastation this climate hoaxers were swearing down on you a few hours ago......

Auto Donk

bottom line: cold fronts kick hurricanes' asses.......

that front is shearing this fukstick ian down to a tropical storm as we speak, and shoving it out of the gulf and onto the state of florida...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    It's not the wind speed it's the storm surge or for you the upchuck rate!

stevenash

It's going to be a direct hit.
    How hard a hit remains to be seen.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8560

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by MovinUnits View Post
    We’ve never had “dozens” of hurricanes in N.E.
    “Super storms” are fake semantic weather phrases used by millennials.
    On that note see: “ Sink Tampa Forever” = the dumbest take I’ve read all week. ….Like it’s hurricane Andrew or something - you Miami-Dade people know what I mean.
    These kids make me vomit.
    There have been 13 hurricanes that have made landfall in New England since 1970.
    1970 and forward is my lifetime, and 13>12

Forgive me for putting an unnecessary (s) at the end of dozen.

So, to recap, I have lived through more than a dozen New England hurricanes that have made landfall.

Here's something you might consider, taking a science class before calling me out.

Is ignorance really bliss?
    I wonder.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33492

that's right, as Ian was the leader of the maga right wing extremists that sat at pelosi's desk's name.......
    I was nowhere near Pelosi's desk. Don't blame that crap on me.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

A little sports irony right now. It's not raining yet in Tampa or St. Pete but the Rays are in a weather delay in Cleveland.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    A little sports irony right now. It's not raining yet in Tampa or St. Pete but the Rays are in a weather delay in Cleveland.
    Are they drenched with liquid sunshine?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I've changed my mind about moving to Florida.

Flat Florida swamp land at sea level is not a good mix with strong hurricanes with storm surges. I'm out. I'm not prepared to experience home damage every year even with hurricane insurance. It's a damn shame because I love those white sandy beaches in Florida!

Moving to Alabama instead in a few years. Got family there.

First 123456 ... Last