1. #1
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 390,724
    Betpoints: 690

    East Coast Local Bet Amounts

    Nickel $500
    Dime$1000
    Stick $100,000
    Balloon $1,000,000

  2. #2
    pologq
    JJ Gold is the George Clooney of SBR
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 16,298
    Betpoints: 513

    ziti $1K

    the JJ - mental bet
    Last edited by pologq; 09-19-22 at 03:00 PM.

  3. #3
    SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-08
    Posts: 19,625
    Betpoints: 1212

    Croaker - 100 (southern Louisiana)

  4. #4
    manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-22-07
    Posts: 20,540
    Betpoints: 670

    double wizard - $2g's
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 09/19/2022


  5. #5
    Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-09-08
    Posts: 2,285
    Betpoints: 6311

    1 dollar (grocery dollar)

  6. #6
    jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 390,724
    Betpoints: 690

    No idea what 10k?

  7. #7
    Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-09-08
    Posts: 2,285
    Betpoints: 6311

    100 pennies

  8. #8
    Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-09-08
    Posts: 2,285
    Betpoints: 6311

    Years ago I was just starting. and I would bet one dollar which (I am sure you are aware) in bookie terms is usually $100. My man knew I was only betting a buck and the read back was "one grocery dollar".

  9. #9
    Easy-Rider 66
    Racetrack Television Network
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-12
    Posts: 30,672
    Betpoints: 662

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Years ago I was just starting. and I would bet one dollar which (I am sure you are aware) in bookie terms is usually $100. My man knew I was only betting a buck and the read back was "one grocery dollar".
    1 dollar was a $100 Back in the day for me as well.

  10. #10
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 10,021
    Betpoints: 84

    Wow straight plagiarism from the Tim donaghy documentary, geez JJ content getting lame

  11. #11
    pologq
    JJ Gold is the George Clooney of SBR
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 16,298
    Betpoints: 513

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    Years ago I was just starting. and I would bet one dollar which (I am sure you are aware) in bookie terms is usually $100. My man knew I was only betting a buck and the read back was "one grocery dollar".
    same. just easier to say a dollar and sounds more innocent. $5 would be $500.

  12. #12
    Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-09-08
    Posts: 2,285
    Betpoints: 6311

    Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    same. just easier to say a dollar and sounds more innocent. $5 would be $500.
    I don't know what my limit was but I remember I bet $500 on the Superbowl one year ( my largest bet at the time). I called in with a quote of "$500 on so and so" he let it go thru with the read back of "nickel on so and so".

  13. #13
    pologq
    JJ Gold is the George Clooney of SBR
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 16,298
    Betpoints: 513

    Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post
    I don't know what my limit was but I remember I bet $500 on the Superbowl one year ( my largest bet at the time). I called in with a quote of "$500 on so and so" he let it go thru with the read back of "nickel on so and so".
    def makes sense with nickels and dimes.

    i just know of guys when i was first learning this who would say small dollar amounts but they were the equivalent of 100x that amount.

Top