Nate rasta
    Update your status
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

No Juice book?!

If a book charged no juice on point spread and over under they would take the game over and they would still make a killing.what ya think

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

where is the profit if both sides are even money?

i could see a book lowering juice more and they would take over. i can't see them eliminating it fully.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

What's the limit? Sharps would swarm. Book would have to be super-sharp.

Nate rasta
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    where is the profit if both sides are even money?

i could see a book lowering juice more and they would take over. i can't see them eliminating it fully.
    Well I guess my theory is that the books always win in the end so it would be a way to build a massive clientele base. But yeah you would have to have a limit to keep the pros out

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Would this book offer a deposit bonus?

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Well I guess my theory is that the books always win in the end so it would be a way to build a massive clientele base. But yeah you would have to have a limit to keep the pros out
    i get ya. not shitting on the question either. just adding to the convo.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Would this book offer a deposit bonus?
    i expect 100% 2 x RO

Nate rasta
    Update your status

No bonuses lol

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    Your theory that books always win in the end is strongly based in the fact the the book is charging juice, whether you know it or not.

The short answer to the original question is NO.

If the book charged no juice they would not make a killing. The market place is more dynamic than you are giving it credit for.

A book charging no juice would have to get opinionated in their lines to make a profit. They would have to take more risks. They would leave themselves exposed.

When it comes to comparing to the rest of the market, the very nature of their opinions would likely mainfest into some sort of "outside the no vig line" juice.

The book itself might deal a no vig line, but it obviously won't be congruent with the rest of the market. This, in a broader sense, would be a vig on their lines.

Remember though, it's the opinionated line of the no vig book that is meant to be a business model that is off what we may find to be a truer no vig line, and therefore an overall market juice, or vig, can be created in the trades.

Without the opinion, and without serious control over the players (like other posts taling about keeping "sharps" out), there is no viable business model there.