JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3436

Hexversi Puzzle #5. Multiple Choice. 1st correct guess Wins 50 Points.

1 guess per person. If you guess a 2nd time, your 2nd guess will be ignored. First correct guess Wins 50 Points. I'm putting a cap on how many times you can Win, at twice. Blankoblanco has reached his limit.

Hexversi has the exact same rules as Othello except the board is shaped like a hexagon and there is a dead spot in the middle of the board as seen in the image below. You cannot play through the dead spot, you must play around it. If you do not know how to play Othello, I recommend that you watch the minute and a half video below, and you will know ALL of the rules.

What's the best move for Purple?(feel free to take a guess)

I'm going to add a 100 Point bonus for the first 10 players that post a screenshot of themselves beating this AI in the link below. Take the screenshot before your last move of the game so the AI doesn't block the image. Three people have beat the AI so far. They are: Housemoney, jackpot269, and Ian. Well done gentlemen!

http://meta-site.net/hexlo/?fbclid=I...xXgSGPufKWHqTE

I'll keep this going until 10 people beat it. You can only win this ONCE. AND, you can't use someone else's screenshot. In other words.... it has to be a unique configuration. This is NOT a strong AI. It's VERY aggressive. Aggressive play is EASY to beat once you know how to deal with it.

Here's some hints to how games are Won. Games are NOT won by gobbling up as many pieces as you can on every single move. This is a TERRIBLE strategy. Games are won by trying to run your opponent out of options/moves entirely, and forcing them to give you a corner. Whomever has more options/moves, is ALMOST ALWAYS winning the game, regardless of what the score says.

When it comes to piece count, you'll usually want to think "less is MORE", until you can get a corner. Try to keep your pieces INSIDE of your opponents pieces. This will create MORE options/moves for you.

Once you run your opponent out of options(good ones at least), then you get to dictate the direction of the game, and getting your piece count up high and winning the game after that is easy. Good luck!

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4720

I3, more of an educated guess this time after playing the ai

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Housemoney View Post
    I3, more of an educated guess this time after playing the ai
    Nope

newton0038
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3291

F10

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

B5

If I've read it right B5 forces green to move to B10 next move, which cedes the leftmost corner to purple.

If I'm right there's no need to send points. I'm having fun with your hexversi questions and you've already been very generous with me on these. Hopefully I'll have time to play the next tourney.
    Points Awarded:

JohnGalt2341 gave Ian 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

blankoblanco gave Ian 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    B5

If I've read it right B5 forces green to move to B10 next move, which cedes the leftmost corner to purple.

If I'm right there's no need to send points. I'm having fun with your hexversi questions and you've already been very generous with me on these. Hopefully I'll have time to play the next tourney.
    We have a Winner! After Purple plays b5, this leaves Green with exactly 2 options as seen below, both of which will give Purple a corner, which will guarantee Purple 3 immediate corners, and basically all of the corners and the game. It's an easy win for Purple from here on out. Nice job here! This one wasn't an X-hex so, it was a slight curve-ball.

How about this... I'll owe you the 50 points... and you can keep playing? OR... just PM me the answer when I post one if you think you know the correct answer. I think you've got some skills now. I'd like to see you play Las8 in a game. I think you might match up well with him.

Ian
    Tank Man Lives
    Ian's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33313

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    We have a Winner! After Purple plays b5, this leaves Green with exactly 2 options as seen below, both of which will give Purple a corner, which will guarantee Purple 3 immediate corners, and basically all of the corners and the game. It's an easy win for Purple from here on out. Nice job here! This one wasn't an X-hex so, it was a slight curve-ball.

How about this... I'll owe you the 50 points... and you can keep playing? OR... just PM me the answer when I post one if you think you know the correct answer. I think you've got some skills now. I'd like to see you play Las8 in a game. I think you might match up well with him.
    I didn't see the F10 move for green. Not that it's a good one, but I definitely need to get more used to reading the board. Don't sweat the 50 points. If you're really itching to give them away, I'll throw in a shameless plug for the 100 point contest I'm running. Feel free to jump in.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29790

Nice job, Ian!

Any more puzzles coming, John? It's been a few days. I promise I won't answer But I enjoy them

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

I don't play games. Busy rapping.

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

Capping. Don't care.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    Nice job, Ian!

Any more puzzles coming, John? It's been a few days. I promise I won't answer But I enjoy them
    Yeah, I think I'll post another one either today or tomorrow. In this next one I'll state that you and Ian can PM me the answer if you think that you know it. That way, you guys can still play along.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8057

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    B5

Good Going Ian!!! Great catch, see I missed that It would give you a corner, I would have played H4

John these puzzle are great and a great leaning tool for me!!

Thanks
    Points Awarded:

blankoblanco gave jackpot269 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.