Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

App St no D and no Brains

D is garbage and go for 2 to try and win at home

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

That was the right call. Kid was wide open, just didn't execute. Neither team could stop the other, so why risk going into OT when you had the momentum and the ball? They still had another chance late because the UNC kick returner scored a TD because he was a dumb selfish bitch. No one mentioned that.

Shutup

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    That was the right call. Kid was wide open, just didn't execute. Neither team could stop the other, so why risk going into OT when you had the momentum and the ball? They still had another chance late because the UNC kick returner scored a TD because he was a dumb selfish bitch. No one mentioned that.
    If you are outplaying them at home in the last quarter you don't risk the game on 1 play

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Shutup View Post
    If you are outplaying them at home in the last quarter you don't risk the game on 1 play
    It wasn't just 1 play. App State got the ball back, scored again and had the chance for 2 again. That's football. That 1 decision did not decide the game. Both offenses were scoring at will. App State scored 40 points in the 4th quarter and you want them to play for OT? UNC scored 22 points in that 4th quarter too. Why risk going back and forth in OT where your defense has been dog shit and can't stop a cold. If they scored that 2 point conversion, no one would be questioning the call.

Shutup

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    It wasn't just 1 play. App State got the ball back, scored again and had the chance for 2 again. That's football. That 1 decision did not decide the game. Both offenses were scoring at will. App State scored 40 points in the 4th quarter and you want them to play for OT? UNC scored 22 points in that 4th quarter too. Why risk going back and forth in OT where your defense has been dog shit and can't stop a cold. If they scored that 2 point conversion, no one would be questioning the call.

It did
    NC just made another stupid call even more stupid than the App St call which led them to score and giver App St the opportunity
    I can't say App St should have covered as a whole but once in that situation it is a bad call
    It is one thing if you are playing a elite team who is better than you then in that case you want to shorten the game because the more you play the more likely they that team is to show whomthe better team is
    Not the case here

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 235

Go for two at home is dumb

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Shutup View Post
    It did
    NC just made another stupid call even more stupid than the App St call which led them to score and giver App St the opportunity
    I can't say App St should have covered as a whole but once in that situation it is a bad call
    It is one thing if you are playing a elite team who is better than you then in that case you want to shorten the game because the more you play the more likely they that team is to show whomthe better team is
    Not the case here
    Neither team looked better than the other. 2 very equal teams, which is why I said it was basically a coin flip who would win in OT. Why take those odds, when you were moving the ball at will on offense? Go for 2 was the right decision, even if it didn't work out. Home field means nothing. UNC could not stop your offense. UNC did not stop your offense, the guy was wide ass open. They just didn't execute.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

They were down 8

Tried to tie it at end

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

I don't think they would've stopped them if they kicked the extra point and played for the tie at the end there. They had a good play called and it would have worked if the kid kept running his route instead of backpeddaling and falling over. Neither team has a very good defense so I think going for the win was the right call at the end.

Smokey McPot
    Smokey McPot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3863

Thread title could apply to either of these teams.
    Last edited by Smokey McPot; 09-03-22 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Spelling

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

first team in ncaa history to score 40 points in 4th Q and not cover

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    first team in ncaa history to score 40 points in 4th Q and not cover
    Probably the first team to score 40 points in ANY quarter and not cover??? When has a team score 40 points in a quarter and not win the game? That's damn near impossible.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

this season is going to give me a heart attack, first backing psu and then unc.

the weirdest 4q i had ever seen