pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Nasher... I'd have to say there's a very strong chance Pettitte was on them along with Clemens...

Also keep in mind... you can still be on steroids.... but a different version that doesn't make you Bulky like Sosa, McGwire, Bonds...

You could get Anavar which is Oxadrolone... which is a strength cutter. You get strength without the massive bulk.

You could also use Winny which is Stanozolol which is another strength cutter.

I know you're a huge baseball fan.... but that entire era is absolutely tarnished from head to toe.
    pettite and clemens were best buds. it is tough to give pettite the benefit of the doubt. this from a yankees fan who likes the guy.
    a lot of people always say they wanted recuperation from injury like the strength and size is just "forgotten".

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Nasher... I'd have to say there's a very strong chance Pettitte was on them along with Clemens...

Also keep in mind... you can still be on steroids.... but a different version that doesn't make you Bulky like Sosa, McGwire, Bonds...

You could get Anavar which is Oxadrolone... which is a strength cutter. You get strength without the massive bulk.

You could also use Winny which is Stanozolol which is another strength cutter.

I know you're a huge baseball fan.... but that entire era is absolutely tarnished from head to toe.
    Andy was on steroids during recovery.
    The league knew, the doctors knew, everybody was advised in advance what the reason was before he came off of the DL.
    He's been cleared,
    That much is fact.

Now?
    Was he using PED's for player enhancement, to gain an edge on the field, prior to injury?
    His samples never came back 'dirty' before getting hurt, that's a fact.
    Then he got hurt, doctors put him on some kind of medical steroids, during physical rehab, that's a fact, the MLB suits on Park Ave, were notified of that, that's a fact.

That's when the speculating started, some people assumed because Pettitte was rehabbing with steroids, which is OK if you go through the proper channels, that Pettitte must have been juicing with Clemens.

That's ignorant speculation, I say ignorant because there is or ever was proof of that.

I mean, there's a chance he may have, I don't buy that.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

^ I do remember the story about Pettitte using some form of steroid treatment for recovery. My issue on this is... if this is true... why is he allowed a free pass medically? Why others aren't? Point being... that's why there's a DL and you don't come off of it until you are near your full potential and can play.

Again... I don't really know the timetable in regards to if that was Pettitte's excuse? Doctor's note or whatever? What's sort of astonishing... I don't remember any athlete... who was going through recovery in which a doctor prescribed (muscle building) steroids to get him back to normal to play professionally? Only steroids a doctor would medically prescribe would be for example... inflammatory issues from upper respiratory ailments like a chronic dry cough... he would then prescribe Prednisone 20mg. Could you build muscle on this drug? You could... but it's not intended for muscle building.

Regardless... from a fan standpoint.... watching these HR's left and right.... it was amazing to watch... I miss those days more than any. From a wagering standpoint... it was BS trying to figure out Totals... and some managers at times wouldn't give into Bonds... and some would. How the hell can you figure out all these key points in the game???

You can also add Doug Weight to the performance enhancers list in the NHL 99-00 season and 00-01 season. He was flying all over the ice... dude had so much energy for a 30 year old... it was ridiculous. Had speed... size.... you couldn't bump him off the puck...

stevenash

^
    Years ago I read the whole Pettitte report.
    I remember most of the story.

You're allowed to use medical steroids, during the offseason, or on the DL, but you must be really upfront with it first.
    Notify the league offices... proper documentation... like that.

Now, this was like over ten years ago I read the whole report, and Pettitte's injury was long before that, so forgive me if I don't remember all the details.

I try to keep up with all things MLB, it's hard because the official list of things that go from legal to banned, and vice versa, change from year to year, like Adderall and Chris Davis for instance. If your going to use Adderall Chris, can you at least strike out less than 200 times.

Same with Robby Cano, if you're going to juice, don't get busted on it while batting .220

TheMoneyShot

Always enjoy reading your posts Nasher!

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19187

Fernando Tatis Drug Suspension Could Cost Collectors, Investors North of $100 Million

https://www.actionnetwork.com/genera...of-100-million

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Pettitte was using steroids for recovery, not for enhancement on the field.
    This is a proven fact, and common knowledge.
    How do steroids enhance performance on the field? I thought their purpose was for faster recovery, no matter when you took them?

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

^
    Years ago I read the whole Pettitte report.
    I remember most of the story.

You're allowed to use medical steroids, during the offseason, or on the DL, but you must be really upfront with it first.
    Notify the league offices... proper documentation... like that.

Now, this was like over ten years ago I read the whole report, and Pettitte's injury was long before that, so forgive me if I don't remember all the details.

I try to keep up with all things MLB, it's hard because the official list of things that go from legal to banned, and vice versa, change from year to year, like Adderall and Chris Davis for instance. If your going to use Adderall Chris, can you at least strike out less than 200 times.

Same with Robby Cano, if you're going to juice, don't get busted on it while batting .220
    So, if Cano "cheats" and sucks while cheating, we just laugh it off. But, if a handful "cheat" ( I call it "entertain"), and kick ass while doing so (they really were a minority), we cry and b*tch and moan and scoff at their accomplishments until the end of time? Look, my favorite player of all-time is Dale Murphy, and seeing other players put up prodigious numbers doesn't make me question my favoritism toward Murphy, or any other players from his era. I accepted that I got what I wanted out of the "cheaters" (to be entertained) and moved the fukk on. It's not just you, but it's almost hilarious that anyone gives this much of a shit as to whether or not these guys enhanced their performance. If they did, great, because it was a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post
    Fernando Tatis Drug Suspension Could Cost Collectors, Investors North of $100 Million

https://www.actionnetwork.com/genera...of-100-million

that guy was offered 2 million for his special tatis card, turned it down and now he "thinks" it is worth $500K which it probably is nowhere near. i'd be on the ledge of a 20 story building if that was me.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    So, if Cano "cheats" and sucks while cheating, we just laugh it off. But, if a handful "cheat" ( I call it "entertain"), and kick ass while doing so (they really were a minority), we cry and b*tch and moan and scoff at their accomplishments until the end of time? Look, my favorite player of all-time is Dale Murphy, and seeing other players put up prodigious numbers doesn't make me question my favoritism toward Murphy, or any other players from his era. I accepted that I got what I wanted out of the "cheaters" (to be entertained) and moved the fukk on. It's not just you, but it's almost hilarious that anyone gives this much of a shit as to whether or not these guys enhanced their performance. If they did, great, because it was a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

I loved Dale Murphy too.
    Not only could he rake, he was one of the best defensive outfielders of out generation.
    He was a 4 1/2 tool player, not many of those these days.

This is one of my favorite fun facts.
    I'm a geek, only us geeks know there things.

In 1984 Dale Murphy led the league with 36 home runs.
    12 of those homers were to right field.
    12 homers were to centerfield.
    The other 12 homers, yep, went out to left field.

Love Murphy, and I'm not a Braves fan.
    And I can make a Hall of Fame case for him.

And just to clarify things.

a) The Cano and Chris Davis references were jokes, a gag, nothing more, nothing less.
    b) My philosophy (for lack of a better term) remains, if one proven PED user make it into the Hall of Fame, then you must consider all the rest.

I said 'proven'

Speculation without proof is a rumor.
    Anybody can accuse somebody of juicing, proving it is a different animal.

Palmerio confessed to using them, even though Sosa's sample never came back dirty, we got him cheating with a corked bat.
    I can't prove Brady Anderson was juicing that one season, but come on.

Anyways, I thought you might enjoy that Dale Murphy tidbit.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    How do steroids enhance performance on the field? I thought their purpose was for faster recovery, no matter when you took them?
    Webmd can explain it better than I can, for one, it makes you stronger.
    Come on, you're better than that TC, I know you are.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

Apparently, Dairy Queen gives you ringworm…..

pologq

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    ice cream and ringworm. seems legit.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pologq View Post
    ice cream and ringworm. seems legit.
    Much respect to MLB for not giving a response... after Tatis's dumb excuse. When your President of the USA falls off of bikes... citizens follow... and say sh## like the dog ate my homework. Yes, it's come down to this.

SBR_Guest_Pro
    SBR Intern
    SBR_Guest_Pro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2939

guy didn't even protest it. He knew what he did. wish he had better mentors to have talked him out of it

sideplayer192
    sideplayer192's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Just terrible

Awful break, especially for such a small market team.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

My question is why did he keep using after his HUGE contract. 14 years?

Why didn't he stop using after the contract, like Albert Pujols did?

pologq

and then his dad says skin issue happened from a haircut

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Yet another chapter in the pain and agony of being a San Diego sports fan...

stevenash

I like the one about the Easter Bunny hop, hop, hopping down Easter Bunny Lane better.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Yet another chapter in the pain and agony of being a San Diego sports fan...
    Let's compare fan notes.
    It's pretty even.
    I feel your pain.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

Let's compare fan notes.
    It's pretty even.
    I feel your pain.
    I doubt it...few cities can match the heartbreak, let's hear your case...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Before MLB hands down an 80 game suspension they have multiple samples. It's not an isolated incident. And they usually target players after someone snitched on them that they are using banned substances. The guy most likely was taking other stuff to recover from the injuries as he was hurt all the time.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
    My question is why did he keep using after his HUGE contract. 14 years?

Why didn't he stop using after the contract, like Albert Pujols did?
    When you are on steroids you feel almighty... powerful... your precision... accuracy is off the charts. When you are off of them... you actually become less than an average player... it takes about 3-4 months for your body to produce normal hormone levels... After 120 days or so... once hormone balances become more stable in the blood... you are back to average. But mentally there's something "missing" and you feel like you'll never come close to that amazing feeling again... which is true. Then it all becomes mentally challenging. People won't tell you the truth... but that's the psychology of it. So in all essence... once you're "normal" he'll never live up to that dollar amount of that contract.

Pujols was on steroids.... then clean... he still does half way decent being off of them. Is he really off of them? lol Is there a way to pass these tests without being discovered? I wouldn't know. But Pujols always had pure raw talent... he just wanted to be godly.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I doubt it...few cities can match the heartbreak, let's hear your case...
    I'm just a KC Royals fan, not a Chiefs fan or anything like that, I'm a northeast born and raised living in New England now, so I have zero ties to the Midwest.

So I can only compare my favorite team, Royals, to your HOMETOWN team.
    KC Royals fans, we get all the hype at the start of the season "KC's got a group of kids, watch out for them" the sportswriters write, and we bite into that, because we know we have a good group, next thing you know, we're 14 back on June 1.
    Every year, except once in 25 years we shock the world, the other 24 years, we suck monkey balls.

(Don't get me started on my real favorite team, NY Giants)

First 12