slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Serena Williams retires from tennis

She done a lot for USA tennis and USA culture.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

The GOAT?

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14044

23 grand slams. unreal.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Didn’t even retire yet

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

slayer your tribute brings her to tears today

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The GOAT?
    nope most tennis people have Graf 1, Martina 2 and Serena 3
    What Graf did up until age 31 and never played again is astonishing too bad medical technology was not around then

Graf did almost double what Serena did by age 30 and then got hurt not even in same league other than 2 more majors everything else graf buried her and 7 years less time

Optional

Lots of athletes potential is cut short by injury.

What they actually achieve counts more than whatifs.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

She was hot back in the day. She’s built too much like a football player nowadays though. I like thickness but she’s a monster.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32799

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    What Graf did up until age 31 and never played again is astonishing too bad medical technology was not around then

Graf did almost double what Serena did by age 30 and then got hurt not even in same league other than 2 more majors everything else graf buried her and 7 years less time
    JJ.

Astute post.
    Outstanding.

This is what we expect out of you all the time.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    JJ.

Astute post.
    Outstanding.

yep there is ZERO COMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO

One less major in 7 less years and TONS MORE TITLES AND WAY MORE RECORDS BROKEN

SamsNCharge99
    5x POTM. 2x Video maker of the year
    SamsNCharge99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6404

Great article by vogue

jjgold

You’ll never hear of her again once Coco Gauff starts winning she’s going to get all the commercials and everything else that goes along with it way more classier than Williams ever was

sideplayer192
    sideplayer192's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Done a lot for the sport

Both Serena and Venus have done a ton for the sport of tennis. Where do ya'll think they will go down in tennis history?

jjgold

Serena a poor sport entire career nobody liked her on tour

Venus OK classy

Both Legends of course

stevenash

Serena?
    She's in the top four.

Venus?
    Top twelve maybe.

jjgold

One thing that hurt serena to being greatest ever too many bad losses massive chalk in big tourneys

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

I bet she would clog any pedestrian toilet not designed for industrial sized logs. Just saying. I’m sure her crib has bides and all the fancy stuff. If she had to go back to the hood and take a s*** a plumber would be necessary afterwards.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    I bet she would clog any pedestrian toilet not designed for industrial sized logs. Just saying. I’m sure her crib has bides and all the fancy stuff. If she had to go back to the hood and take a s*** a plumber would be necessary afterwards.
    I have a toilet snake that's undefeated.
    My turds are legendary, my personal plumbers snake is fail proof.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

I have a toilet snake that's undefeated.
    My turds are legendary, my personal plumbers snake is fail proof.
    If we ever meet in Vegas or somewhere remind me not to let you use the John in my hotel room

juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3972

JJ.

Astute post.
    Outstanding.

Unless you like periods and commas.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20133

Good. Only good-looking women should be in sports.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    She done a lot for USA tennis and USA culture.
    Are you saying WTA Toronto is her last tournament and not US open? Is she fukking Canadian? Is WTA Toronto a Grand Slam?

Announces her retirement. Is going to retire from tennis. Will be retiring. Get your shit right for once

Brooklyn Dick
    Brooklyn Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22049

This gives us one more time to cash against her. She can still beat the lower players but anyone in the top 20 will crush her. Cannot move around the court at all. Only thing going for her is her serve. Not enough to beat anyone of substance now.

jjgold

She’s definitely going down in history and her sister they have a massive place in it

Don’t forget the only people calling her to greatest of all time are social justice types and new generation that had no idea how good Steffi Graf and Martina were

I will say she’s by far the greatest marketing and social media female athlete we’ve ever seen

Of course she’s always in the discussion

SamsNCharge99

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dick View Post
    This gives us one more time to cash against her. She can still beat the lower players but anyone in the top 20 will crush her. Cannot move around the court at all. Only thing going for her is her serve. Not enough to beat anyone of substance now.
    yea realistically she has 2-3-4 matches left

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Serena is totally full of herself, but in the end she knows she failed in her quest to surpass Margaret Court. She says Court achived her titles before the "open era", as if that is somehow relevant, when it is not, beyond this, Court won 92 of her 192 titles DURING the "open era".
    11 of her 24 Major titles WERE during the "open era", 1968 and on.

"There are people who say I'm not the GOAT (greatest of all time) because I didn't pass Court's record, which she achieved before the 'Open era' that began in 1968," the former World No.1 said.
    -------
    “The way I see it, I should have had 30-plus grand slams," she said.
    "I had my chances after coming back from giving birth. I went from a C-section to a second pulmonary embolism to a grand slam final. I played while breastfeeding. I played through post-partum depression.
    ------- https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis-2...220624972.html

As if this weren't enough, Serena makes excuses that Court ALSO - even MORE SO, endured...

Margaret Court wikipedia page:
    The next year, she lost the Wimbledon singles final to Evonne Goolagong Cawley while pregnant[10] with her first child, Daniel, who was born in March 1972. She made a comeback that year, playing in the US Open and throughout 1973. Her second child, Marika, was born in 1974. She started playing again in November of that year. After missing most of 1976 after having her third child, she returned to the tour in early 1977 but retired permanently that year when she learned she was expecting her fourth child.

This is self-explanatory. Bye Serena. Your digs at Court are false, your excuses are lame, and you have no class or sportsmanship. You'll always be a spoiled brat, a jerk, and a narcissist. You'll also always be second-best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Court
    Last edited by Snowball; 08-12-22 at 08:34 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Brooklyn Dick

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    She was hot back in the day. She’s built too much like a football player nowadays though. I like thickness but she’s a monster.
    with you on that. she got excessively muscular as time went on.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

That sobbing sound you hear is the collective voice of steroid pushers everywhere.

Optional

Margaret Court a bit of an old fashion bigot v a larger than life black woman v sterile German efficiency

And they came out with 24, 23 and 22 grand slams.

All Amazing and unique and very different but all true champs.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

Racist. Bet this guy picks Bird and Stockton over Jordan

jjgold

Jordan best ever

Williams was a trash person too
    No class with other players
    Glad she is gone

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Margaret Court a bit of an old fashion bigot v a larger than life black woman v sterile German efficiency

And they came out with 24, 23 and 22 grand slams.

All Amazing and unique and very different but all true champs.
    Three all time greats, from three different eras, with three different styles.

What I'm net seeing in this thread is any love for Martina and Billy Jean King.
    I'll check my crude race, gender, scat, etc. jokes at the door, I don't mean disrespect when I joke around like that, I just like to joke around sometimes.

Martina and BJK, forget about what their sexual preferences were and like that, need to be in the same sentence as the top ten women's GOAT's.

Both for their achievements and titles, and for the way those two who advance the game for women into this century.

I was barely one year old when BJK played the match against Bobby Riggs, but I've seen footage and read enough about BJK and her legacy.
    Martina was in her prime when I was in grade school, pretty much the same time Chris Evert was give or take.

Margaret Court was WAY before my time, like a generation and a half, so I had to do a little researched before I came to any conclusions.
    The take away I get is Court was a warrior, she won las Opti said 24 majors (slams) Chrissy won 18, based on what I read, I don't have any eye test analysis, never saw her play, I can safely assume Court was much better, and I can safely say she was the greatest of her generation, and leading into the decade of the 90's.

Rarely do I get to write about women's tennis a) it's a topic not in my wheelhouse, b) baseball and football writing consumes most of my disposable leisure time.

I like to think I know what I am talking about because I saw on CBS for five consecutive years with my very own four eyes on of the greatest sports rivalries of all time.

Monica Seles v. Steffi Graf.

And I do believe if you take those two out of the early to mid 90's and advance them without aging them into the late 2010's - 2020's the two of them would have given Serena fits.

It's not a black/white issue, it never is with me, I wasn't brought up that way, it's not who I am, no matter how I may joke around.
    I am saying, based on what I have seen, if you must put Serena on the all time list, and you absolutely must, because she is/was, Serena was beating up on lesser quality opponents than Monica and Graf were.

Steffi and Monica faced each other, get this, six times in Grand Slam Major FINALS alone in what, a span of five or six years.
    And those two weren't beating up on the Suzie Cream Cheese's of the tennis world to reach the finals, they were beating better quality opponents than Serena was, that's not a knock on Serena though, you can only beat who is on the schedule so to speak, but still you put Graf and Seles in the same tournament field as Serena, same age, same equipment, same technology, we'd be having a different discussion right now.
    That's just my opinion based on what I have seen and the little bit of research I have done.

I just double checked myself for accuracy, yes, Seles and Graf did face each other in the finals of a major slam event six times, and they split those six, three and three.

Graf had won multiple titles early before Seles won one, Graf was world's #1 until the end of 1990, then Seles caught and surpass her as world's #1, then there was the stabbing in 1993...

Overall, very slight edge to Graf, then Seles and Serena, as the greatest I've ever seen, if one wants to arrange those three anyway they seem fit as the GOAT in the past 30 years, I really can't argue with you.

Know this, and know this well, women's tennis, NCAA hoops, NFL, whatever sport, whatever gender, whatever, if you deny Monica Seles v. Steffi Graf wasn't one of the greatest sports rivalry, individual sport or team sport, you're just ignorant.
    Last edited by stevenash; 08-12-22 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Minor punctuation

coolguy73739
    coolguy73739's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9574

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Serena is totally full of herself, but in the end she knows she failed in her quest to surpass Margaret Court. She says Court achived her titles before the "open era", as if that is somehow relevant, when it is not, beyond this, Court won 92 of her 192 titles DURING the "open era".
    11 of her 24 Major titles WERE during the "open era", 1968 and on.

"There are people who say I'm not the GOAT (greatest of all time) because I didn't pass Court's record, which she achieved before the 'Open era' that began in 1968," the former World No.1 said.
    -------
    “The way I see it, I should have had 30-plus grand slams," she said.
    "I had my chances after coming back from giving birth. I went from a C-section to a second pulmonary embolism to a grand slam final. I played while breastfeeding. I played through post-partum depression.
    ------- https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis-2...220624972.html

As if this weren't enough, Serena makes excuses that Court ALSO - even MORE SO, endured...

Margaret Court wikipedia page:
    The next year, she lost the Wimbledon singles final to Evonne Goolagong Cawley while pregnant[10] with her first child, Daniel, who was born in March 1972. She made a comeback that year, playing in the US Open and throughout 1973. Her second child, Marika, was born in 1974. She started playing again in November of that year. After missing most of 1976 after having her third child, she returned to the tour in early 1977 but retired permanently that year when she learned she was expecting her fourth child.

This is self-explanatory. Bye Serena. Your digs at Court are false, your excuses are lame, and you have no class or sportsmanship. You'll always be a spoiled brat, a jerk, and a narcissist. You'll also always be second-best.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Court
    Excellent Post.

SamsNCharge99

Serena vs radacanu round 1 cincy

she should beat emma

12 Last