MLB Picks - Wednesday, 8/10/22

1 MLB Play Wednesday

Nationals +1.5 -143

YTD: 227-252-14, -33.73 (Season Low)

All plays are Listed Pitchers unless ACTION is stated

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

Lt are your colleagues at SBR aware of what's going on over here? Why aren't they helping you get out of this mess.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

🤦🏾*♂️

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Good Luck today, LT.

My two cents:
    1) Betting games is a tough racket.
    2) The modern line is SO SHARP.
    3) A few comments for LT:

*Ignore the trolls.
    *Props to you for posting your record.
    *People don't realize how tough it is to carve out an edge betting prospectively.

Anybody can chime in tomorrow and sound smart as a Monday Morning QB. Maybe a question or two for LT:
    1) Has anything surprised you this season? Any surprising trends?
    2) How much of the Advanced MLB analytics are baked into the #? Would imagine this makes it hard to find an edge.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    臘*♂️
    Translation?

dirtycash66
    dirtycash66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18610

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Good Luck today,

My two cents:
    1) Betting games is a tough racket.
    2) The modern line is SO SHARP.
    3) A few comments for LT:

*Ignore the trolls.
    *Props to you for posting your record.
    *People don't realize how tough it is to carve out an edge betting prospectively.

Anybody can chime in tomorrow and sound smart as a Monday Morning QB. Maybe a question or two for LT:
    1) Has anything surprised you this season? Any surprising trends?
    2) How much of the Advanced MLB analytics are baked into the #? Would imagine this makes it hard to find an edge.
    If sports betting is so hard to predict, then how is LT so good at predicting the wrong team?

SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2923

Paver is monitoring LT's model for any anomalies.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Translation?
    Supposed to be slapping my head in disgust.

This fuckin guy should have thrown in the towel at the all star break, it's only gotten worse

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by dirtycash66 View Post
    If sports betting is so hard to predict, then how is LT so good at predicting the wrong team?
    EXCELLENT QUESTION, you know it's just as hard to lose as it is to win LOL
    Points Awarded:

GreatWallofTrump gave Brock Landers 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

LT good luck today

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I can't figure out what happened this year. I spent 3 hours last night before I fell asleep on my computer studying all of LT's plays for this year. If he only bet sides he would be in plus units. What is killing him are the totals and especially the unders. He is only hitting 1 under every 4 he tries. I'm not sure if the model can be fixed at this point as it consistently loves unders.

Whispers
    Whispers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I have been watching this "As The World Turns" thread all BB season. What I don't understand is folks just ripping the guy? If you are betting his plays then that is your decision...win or lose. So why blast LT? He is obviously following a model, and when you follow a model the plays are automatic...whatever the model spits out, that's the play. 'Shaking your head in disgust"....why?, unless you are betting his plays, then that is on you, not him. Whether the model needs to be tweaked or not is a whole other conversation. But the folks ripping the guy and not posting their own plays is penetrating comical.

GreatWallofTrump
    GreatWallofTrump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 758

I gave him an out. I gave him my whale pick. He should be even now. I’m done not gonna help anymore.

ChuckyTheGoat

Supposed to be slapping my head in disgust.

This fuckin guy should have thrown in the towel at the all star break, it's only gotten worse
    Cmon, man. Don't embarrass yourself on here.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11854

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    I have been watching this "As The World Turns" thread all BB season. What I don't understand is folks just ripping the guy? If you are betting his plays then that is your decision...win or lose. So why blast LT? He is obviously following a model, and when you follow a model the plays are automatic...whatever the model spits out, that's the play. 'Shaking your head in disgust"....why?, unless you are betting his plays, then that is on you, not him. Whether the model needs to be tweaked or not is a whole other conversation. But the folks ripping the guy and not posting their own plays is penetrating comical.
    I'm with you. I don't get it. LT seems like a mild mannered straight shooter who is a good mod and doesn't really get into it with anyone. He is one of the few people who keeps impeccable records and his body of work and track record across several sports and leagues is pretty impressive over the course of many years. Maybe LT slept with a few of the guys' wives or moms and they didn't take kindly to that. I don't know the guy personally, but I doubt the pressure and the haters phase a guy like LT who's been at the game as long as he has been. Edges erode and negative variance happens, LT seems to be experiencing both simultaneously. It happens, I am sure he'll bounce back sooner or later, this season or the next.

SlickFazzer

Seems as through some of the metrics might be flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I can't figure out what happened this year. I spent 3 hours last night before I fell asleep on my computer studying all of LT's plays for this year. If he only bet sides he would be in plus units. What is killing him are the totals and especially the unders. He is only hitting 1 under every 4 he tries. I'm not sure if the model can be fixed at this point as it consistently loves unders.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I'm with you. I don't get it. LT seems like a mild mannered straight shooter who is a good mod and doesn't really get into it with anyone. He is one of the few people who keeps impeccable records and his body of work and track record across several sports and leagues is pretty impressive over the course of many years. Maybe LT slept with a few of the guys' wives or moms and they didn't take kindly to that. I don't know the guy personally, but I doubt the pressure and the haters phase a guy like LT who's been at the game as long as he has been. Edges erode and negative variance happens, LT seems to be experiencing both simultaneously. It happens, I am sure he'll bounce back sooner or later, this season or the next.
    Maybe LT slept with a few of the guys' wives or moms and they didn't take kindly to that.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers View Post
    we are ripping him because trying to break him

It is what we do here

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Guys like LT will not bothered by poster bashing. He is just a man trying to provide for his family. Everyone has losing streaks from time to time. What differentiates professional cappers like LT from the rest is he has faith on his side. Christ is with his plays and Christ will make sure that LT has a winning record at the end of each year. Give it a rest and let him be. God Bless him and his plays.

SlickFazzer

I'm rooting hard for LT.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    we are ripping him because trying to break him

It is what we do here
    Guy deserves better. As a colleague, you should be a Human Shield.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by SlickFazzer View Post
    I'm rooting hard for LT.
    Yeah, for sure. Like Lee Elia said "I hope we get hotter than shit."

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19587

85% of the people are fukkin workin, the other 15% come out here; best line ever. Elia is still around too, 85 years old.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Other than Brock Landers who is a troll everyone else is cheering and encouraging LT Profits to do well and not quit.

At the end of the day LT has 100% control of his model and the plays he makes so I doubt he switches his plays based on what trolls tell him to do. There is a good chance things would turn around but only LT can make this happen. And I have seen him go on a +40 unit run within the season.

spippen
    spippen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10669

Good luck tomorrow.

Sucks that is like 15+ times you had Nationals and they lose. But that's how it goes. Hope you can turn it around.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    85% of the people are fukkin workin, the other 15% come out here; best line ever. Elia is still around too, 85 years old.

"I hope we get hotter than shit"

ChuckyTheGoat

"Go out and get a fkin job. Find out what it's like to earn a living."

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

EXCELLENT QUESTION, you know it's just as hard to lose as it is to win LOL
    You gotta be the biggest asshole on any forum to say such a thing. This is why I will never like you, because you say shit like this.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Luv2Play2, and stake1

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    Guys like LT will not bothered by poster bashing. He is just a man trying to provide for his family. Everyone has losing streaks from time to time. What differentiates professional cappers like LT from the rest is he has faith on his side. Christ is with his plays and Christ will make sure that LT has a winning record at the end of each year. Give it a rest and let him be. God Bless him and his plays.
    yes as lt stated . i dont read comments!!! while i find that hard to believe im guessing he doesnt have thin skin

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    You gotta be the biggest asshole on any forum to say such a thing. This is why I will never like you, because you say shit like this.
    Like I give a shit LOL

jjgold

LT says he will not crack
    Tough as nails

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Other than Brock Landers who is a troll everyone else is cheering and encouraging LT Profits to do well and not quit.

At the end of the day LT has 100% control of his model and the plays he makes so I doubt he switches his plays based on what trolls tell him to do. There is a good chance things would turn around but only LT can make this happen. And I have seen him go on a +40 unit run within the season.
    did you know that broke landers ate from a Burger King dumpster last night? yup. his boss and man crush “jay bob pissker” was late with the welfare check

Gamblinglover
    Gamblinglover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Bashing the guy is pointless but if you post plays you can't expect it any other way. You have got to back it up.

It's one thing to be big on a spot or two and lose big....it's a completely different animal when your consistently posting loser after loser over a decent sample.

BeatTheJerk

Like I give a shit LOL
    You try to display class with your travels & 5 star dining off your wife’s hard earned salary , but you have zero class as a person & you know GOD DAMN well overall you are not a winning gambler you chalk filled square of a bettor.

BeatTheJerk

In real life I would be absolutely embarrassed to walk beside this man they call Brock Landers on these forums.

12 Last