1. #1
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Anyone A Database Handicapper? SDQL??

    Sports Database Query Language?

  2. #2
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,907
    Betpoints: 4234

    the clitoris has over 16567 nerve endings and it’s still not as sensitive as a pucky landers who has been told that his picks are crap.

  3. #3
    flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 40,909
    Betpoints: 928

    The Shrink had the best database in the industry. RIP to a legend.

  4. #4
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Just what I thought no one has any idea what Iím talking about thatís when youíre dealing with a very uneducated people I am miles ahead

    Look in your pockets and I bet theyíre empty

  5. #5
    Waterstpub87
    Life-Style Arbitrage
    Waterstpub87's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-10-09
    Posts: 4,011
    Betpoints: 4328

    Might as well light your money on fire.

  6. #6
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Lol

  7. #7
    KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-20-09
    Posts: 15,335
    Betpoints: 962

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Just what I thought no one has any idea what Iím talking about thatís when youíre dealing with a very uneducated people I am miles ahead

    Look in your pockets and I bet theyíre empty
    Just wait until football pal. I will have the most successful season long football thread here and there wonít be any dorky shit involved. There were sharp players long before all this math shit came on the scene for bettors use.

  8. #8
    Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-20-11
    Posts: 27,073
    Betpoints: 7109

    Queers use queries

  9. #9
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 82,749
    Betpoints: 9388

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Just what I thought no one has any idea what I’m talking about that’s when you’re dealing with a very uneducated people I am miles ahead

    Look in your pockets and I bet they’re empty

  10. #10
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,767
    Betpoints: 212

    I prefer jjgold's old spreadsheet. That was the easisest way of making money fading his picks.

    What is this SDQL nonsense he is talking about now?

  11. #11
    ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-04-11
    Posts: 25,878
    Betpoints: 13724

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lol
    Goldy, here's my challenge for you:

    *Post your first 40 NFL Regular season bets. Juice no higher than -110.

    ...We throw out any pushes. If you cover 22 or more of the first 40 bet...I'll send you a roll of 90% Silver Dimes.

    How can you beat that? No-risk on your end.

  12. #12
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Ok

    Itís too early yet to post a play

  13. #13
    Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-08-19
    Posts: 6,341
    Betpoints: 572

    Great post and question. But seriously are there any?

  14. #14
    flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 40,909
    Betpoints: 928

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Ok

    It’s too early yet to post a play
    He is the virtue of man, he is the kingdom of Socrates , he is the power of mind, God Bless you and your plays

  15. #15
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    That site just won't "load" for me.

    SDQL could be a valuable tool for the "angles" player.

    Could be distracting to start trying to understand code (I know its not that complicated) in the middle of a bettin season.

  16. #16
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Roscoe what site?

  17. #17
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Roscoe what site?
    Killer Sports

  18. #18
    JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-28-17
    Posts: 1,751
    Betpoints: 3919

    You don't need all that stuff man. Just play it old school. Bayes Theorem, EFFICIENCY statistics, and conditional probability. And know the game. That's all you need to keep those losses steady but not overwhelming. Lol

  19. #19
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    I don't know, Jacket.

    With Bayes I think one has to initially infer a subjective probability.

    Then successively add factors which one has to weigh.

    I bumped into efficiency #'s somewhere along the line, but concluded they offer no advantage.

    Admittedly, not into the math side of our game, although I once was (a bit)......

  20. #20
    JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-28-17
    Posts: 1,751
    Betpoints: 3919

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    I don't know, Jacket.

    With Bayes I think one has to initially infer a subjective probability.

    Then successively add factors which one has to weigh.

    I bumped into efficiency #'s somewhere along the line, but concluded they offer no advantage.

    Admittedly, not into the math side of our game, although I once was (a bit)......
    Said subjective probability is really no different than anyone else's subjective probability, is it? You don't even have to be a math guy for that. Hell, a coach uses subjective probability.

    It's just one way to look at the games. You still have to use all the other ones. That's how I've always seen it.

  21. #21
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Strange it doesnít work

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    Killer Sports

  22. #22
    juicername
    Thomorino - Fade and Get Paid
    juicername's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-14-15
    Posts: 6,885
    Betpoints: 2199

    Gimmethedog or spodevs for SDQL.

  23. #23
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Gimmethedog in beta I believe but working just have to sign up

  24. #24
    b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-24-11
    Posts: 9,123
    Betpoints: 25800

    Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_Word View Post
    That site just won't "load" for me.

    SDQL could be a valuable tool for the "angles" player.

    Could be distracting to start trying to understand code (I know its not that complicated) in the middle of a bettin season.
    I've been using 10+ years and it's valuable, though it does take a while to learn. Download the SDQL manuals for each sport and view the daily reports to see queries with explanations. I don't ever use any of their daily postings IRL because the sample sizes are so small, but a good learning tool nonetheless. Good luck if you dive in.

  25. #25
    Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-12
    Posts: 4,004
    Betpoints: 3224

    Quote Originally Posted by b1slickguy View Post
    I've been using 10+ years and it's valuable, though it does take a while to learn. Download the SDQL manuals for each sport and view the daily reports to see queries with explanations. I don't ever use any of their daily postings IRL because the sample sizes are so small, but a good learning tool nonetheless. Good luck if you dive in.
    Thank you, brother.

  26. #26
    nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-14
    Posts: 1,122
    Betpoints: 7105

    I transfered all of my queries to GTD. It looks more reliable and faste at first sight.
    I think they have something nice going. Works great for NBA so far this season.

  27. #27
    DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-30-08
    Posts: 118,388
    Betpoints: 26546

    Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Just wait until football pal. I will have the most successful season long football thread here and there won’t be any dorky shit involved. There were sharp players long before all this math shit came on the scene for bettors use.
    Where’s the thread??

  28. #28
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Quote Originally Posted by nash13 View Post
    I transfered all of my queries to GTD. It looks more reliable and faste at first sight.
    I think they have something nice going. Works great for NBA so far this season.
    not a bad site and I think same formulas

  29. #29
    SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-08
    Posts: 20,212
    Betpoints: 2401

    Just follow LT's plays.

    I think he uses alot of this information to come up with premiums.

  30. #30
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 58,544
    Betpoints: 25340

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sports Database Query Language?
    Yeah

  31. #31
    Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-30-08
    Posts: 45,277
    Betpoints: 8415

    WTF are you babbling about?

  32. #32
    stake1
    stake1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-18
    Posts: 17,911
    Betpoints: 2186

    Yeah

  33. #33
    nash13
    nash13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-14
    Posts: 1,122
    Betpoints: 7105

  34. #34

  35. #35
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 58,544
    Betpoints: 25340

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    WTF are you babbling about?
    Me?
    I'm just saying I taught myself SDQL.
    If you weren't talking to me, never mind, carry on.

12 Last
Top