veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Anyone wager these inherent type senario's???

Without talking specifics of or about models, bankroll management, ect ect
    This is a simple basic form of +ev? Or is it not?
    1. Games that are typically wagerd on with no spreads like mlb, hockey, soccer ect. Only taking teams with a minimum 40% chance of winning.
    Team-A model says team-A has a 47.2% chance of winning with odds of +129. That would mean your expected value would be 8%, even though your break even is achieved at .94?? conclusion being if I bet this same scenario risking .47 each time over 100 wagers risking 47 total my ev would be 8% of 47= 3.76 ev profit???

2. Same model chance as above for winning but the line is +105 which doesn't come close to beak even so therefore it's a no bet?? conclusion wagers appear to only have value based off the payout the line is offering??

3. Spread games like NBA, NCAAF, NFL, ect ect
    Using the typical 91% (.91) payout . Team whatever, whoever has a 46% chance of winning model says they should loose by 2, but they are getting +6 from the books giving a value of 4 points. If the total -over/under- of a game is say 200 , would that now be a 54% chance of winning for team-a 46+ the % of perceived points in game?? 54% + .91 payout giving a +ev of 3.14%????

4. Totals,. Models suggest score of 8.75 while the line is 10 so would that not then be 62.5% for game to go under given the 1.25 discrepancy?? So that would +ev of 19.3% (62.5 +.91%) payout????

Any thoughts on these, does anybody wager like this??

pologq
    Only 2 Girls Short of a Threesome
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 315

do you strictly bet based on formula? just asking

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3224

I'd say if your model calculates the probable winning % accurately, then your +EV perspective (what I'd call an overlay) would grind away a profit.

I guess the key word is "IF".

If that's the case, you might have found the Holy Grail. (Don't know if Monty Python's boys were successful.)

I tried the (+EV) or (OVERLAY) method which, needless to say, got croaked.

My rudimentary programming skills were no match for the books.

My humble opinion: This "thing of ours" is 60% art and 40% science.
    Points Awarded:

WireWire gave Roscoe_Word 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Sorry guys I absolutely just have no extra time these days.
    Really just using theory, mixed with league trends . If I just took the 50ish 60% ish wagers that not only wouldn't be worth the time or money, as there would be hardly any wagers. No I don't just wager on the formula, I data crunch looking for discrepancy been doing it for years. Hardly been doing anything wagering last 3 years. Got alot of these ideas from the oddjam YouTube videos where they beat the pinnacle on the lines

pologq
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO

it is interesting what you posted. makes me think.

Nate rasta
    Nate rasta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 620

I always feel like I have a better angle on my local teams. Local radio local sports news ect.

jjgold
    Update your status
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 612

killer sports you can make your own trend models if you learn sdql formulas and actually not that hard

pologq
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Nate rasta View Post
    I always feel like I have a better angle on my local teams. Local radio local sports news ect.
    same. good point too.