1. #1
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,074
    Betpoints: 21712

    Most Shocking NBA Contract Ever: Jalen Brunson 4 Years 110 Million

    Some call it a "break out" year....

    I call it a "pure luck" year....

    He'll never post the numbers with the Knicks like he had in Dallas.

    Great contract for him... horrible for the Knicks.

    I'm in total disbelief. Ridiculous contract.

  2. #2
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,847
    Betpoints: 10

    Terrible move Knicks
    He is an average player

    Doncic makes everyone look good

  3. #3
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 30,083
    Betpoints: 146

    To me, this parallels the Christian Kirk signing for the Jacksonville Jaguars.

    Train wreck about to happen.


  4. #4
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,847
    Betpoints: 10

    You wonder why the Knicks garbage for 20 years

    Theyíll come in last place next year theyíre that bad

  5. #5
    pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,873
    Betpoints: 5969

    i hate this signing. the knicks overpay for a guy who is not a game changer.

  6. #6
    allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 9,672
    Betpoints: 26268

    big overpay imo. being a season ticket holder this doesnt move the needle for me. knicks definitely needed a pg tho.

    i wont address jj with his last place non sense

  7. #7
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,273
    Betpoints: 28247

    Brunson sucked in the playoffs, sounds to me like the Mavs have more confidence in Dinwiddle.

  8. #8
    allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 9,672
    Betpoints: 26268

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Brunson sucked in the playoffs, sounds to me like the Mavs have more confidence in Dinwiddle.

    i definitely dont think you watched the same games i did. when luka was out he was a monster

    first rd 27.8 pts 4.8 rebs and 4.2 ass -------- no luka
    2nd rd 18.7 pts 4.4 rebs and 2.9 ass
    3rd rd 18 pts 4.8 rebs and 4.2 ass
    those definitely aren't shitty #'s

  9. #9
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,273
    Betpoints: 28247

    Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    i definitely dont think you watched the same games i did. when luka was out he was a monster

    first rd 27.8 pts 4.8 rebs and 4.2 ass -------- no luka
    2nd rd 18.7 pts 4.4 rebs and 2.9 ass
    3rd rd 18 pts 4.8 rebs and 4.2 ass
    those definitely aren't shitty #'s
    I got it backwards, it was Dinwiddle that sucked, not Brunson.
    Got my guards mixed up there.

    Thanks man, my bad.

  10. #10
    newton0038
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-07-07
    Posts: 2,170
    Betpoints: 448

    Let's start with the idiot in the CEO chair signing the cheque. James Dolan 🤡🤡

  11. #11
    allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 9,672
    Betpoints: 26268

    Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    Let's start with the idiot in the CEO chair signing the cheque. James Dolan 嵐嵐
    Let me know what dolan has done the past 3 years to mess up the team. guy has been hands off for a while now.

    only issues he had was with the fans heckling him. definitely should have walked away.

    oakley is an idiot

    i wish guys knew what they were talking about before they post

  12. #12
    allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 9,672
    Betpoints: 26268

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I got it backwards, it was Dinwiddle that sucked, not Brunson.
    Got my guards mixed up there.

    Thanks man, my bad.

  13. #13
    stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 01-17-11
    Posts: 59,273
    Betpoints: 28247

    Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    Let me know what dolan has done the past 3 years to mess up the team. guy has been hands off for a while now.

    only issues he had was with the fans heckling him. definitely should have walked away.

    oakley is an idiot

    i wish guys knew what they were talking about before they post
    This much I can tell you.
    While it's true Dolan has been pretty much hands off lately, his real passion is the Rangers, not the Knicks.

    Who's the bigger idiot, Isiah, or Oakley.

  14. #14
    gauchojake
    Padron
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 32,703
    Betpoints: 9412

    Well the Mavs just gave Javale McGee 20mil over three years so there's that. These teams lose their collective minds in free agency

  15. #15
    allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 9,672
    Betpoints: 26268

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    This much I can tell you.
    While it's true Dolan has been pretty much hands off lately, his real passion is the Rangers, not the Knicks.

    Who's the bigger idiot, Isiah, or Oakley.
    he let his hockey people do their thing and they have done it well. he made mistakes giving phil the keys to the car. phil was in over his head. other big mistake was trading for melo when he would have come that summer in free agency. walsh didnt want to make the trade but dolan wanted the star no matter the cost.

    imo oakley is the bigger idiot. you hear many players say dolan is great to work for.

    he has many former players working for him. oakley is really the only guy who has a hard on for him

  16. #16
    Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-25-08
    Posts: 3,707
    Betpoints: 7152

    Knicks got a good one. Brunson can ball!

  17. #17
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 10,026
    Betpoints: 2881

    He's young and hungry, not much more you can ask for. It's not like they were getting ja Morant. Hell make a few all star teams, Knicks will make some playoff noise

  18. #18
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,759
    Betpoints: 1019

    Isnít he only like the 16th highest paid guard? If so itís not really that bad of a deal. Heís a stable player who makes smart decisions who has championship pedigree and itís only a 4 year deal.
    I would say I could find at least 20 contracts worse than his at signing over the years

  19. #19
    mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 03-14-15
    Posts: 18,360
    Betpoints: 1630

    JJ Gold has a worse contract than them all. How the fukk is he still here?

  20. #20
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,074
    Betpoints: 21712

    It's official. Brunson... 4 Years 104 Million with the Knicks.

    Still... an absurd amount of money...

    I don't think he has the skills to earn that kind of dough. IMO

    Reports said Cuban was only going to offer him a contract extension of 4 years 55.5 million.

    Who is comparable to Brunson's size and game? Fred VanFleet? I'd take VanFleet over Brunson too.... and VanFleet is another inconsistent joke. Not worth the price tag.

  21. #21
    goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-10
    Posts: 10,759
    Betpoints: 1019

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's official. Brunson... 4 Years 104 Million with the Knicks.

    Still... an absurd amount of money...

    I don't think he has the skills to earn that kind of dough. IMO

    Reports said Cuban was only going to offer him a contract extension of 4 years 55.5 million.

    Who is comparable to Brunson's size and game? Fred VanFleet? I'd take VanFleet over Brunson too.... and VanFleet is another inconsistent joke. Not worth the price tag.
    Itís really not that much. Itís market average for what he did last season. And I would take him over at least 4 other point guards that are paid higher than him. Plus itís only a 4 year deal. They paid less then I would have thought.

  22. #22
    allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-17-10
    Posts: 9,672
    Betpoints: 26268

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's official. Brunson... 4 Years 104 Million with the Knicks.

    Still... an absurd amount of money...

    I don't think he has the skills to earn that kind of dough. IMO

    Reports said Cuban was only going to offer him a contract extension of 4 years 55.5 million.

    Who is comparable to Brunson's size and game? Fred VanFleet? I'd take VanFleet over Brunson too.... and VanFleet is another inconsistent joke. Not worth the price tag.
    Thats definitely not true I saw reports Dallas offer 5 years 106

  23. #23
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,847
    Betpoints: 10

    Knicks never seem to make the right choices

  24. #24
    pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,873
    Betpoints: 5969

    i like getting him but not for that money. he is not a game changer. plus i want barrett to have room to develop.

  25. #25
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,847
    Betpoints: 10

    Knicks fans no playoffs again next year

  26. #26
    JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-11-11
    Posts: 27,051
    Betpoints: 50024

    I remember a few years ago when the Knicks and fanbase thought they would get LeBrick, Durant or a few other big name free agents.

    It looks like a player of Brunson's ilk is the best they can pull nowadays.

    These modern athletes do not seem to want to deal with the pressures that come with playing in NY.

  27. #27
    MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-11-13
    Posts: 7,088
    Betpoints: 5164

    Yeah overpaid, I don't think he's worth that much but realistically who could NY get to improve the roster since thibs knows his ass is on the hot seat

  28. #28
    Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-01-08
    Posts: 35,896
    Betpoints: 11179

    First guy to sign a 100 million dollar contract that has never made an all-star team.

  29. #29
    shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-27-12
    Posts: 10,026
    Betpoints: 2881

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I remember a few years ago when the Knicks and fanbase thought they would get LeBrick, Durant or a few other big name free agents.

    It looks like a player of Brunson's ilk is the best they can pull nowadays.

    These modern athletes do not seem to want to deal with the pressures that come with playing in NY.
    Typical nyk fans are the worst, I've been around them all day during the week for the past decade or more.

    Whether it's talking up Kurt Thomas or trying to delude others into thinking Kobe or LeBron signing was ever a real possibility simply bc it's the big apple. Instead they get washed up guys like Antonio mcdyess at the tail end of their careers as the cold harsh reality.

    New Yorkers like to think they are better than everyone else when in reality they're miserable rats living in closets and they don't even realize the hilarity. The big apple should be changed to the big rat

  30. #30
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,847
    Betpoints: 10

    Knicks lol

    League laughing at move

  31. #31
    Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-01-08
    Posts: 35,896
    Betpoints: 11179

    The Knicks just stick to the script of being a laughable organization.

  32. #32
    Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-01-08
    Posts: 35,896
    Betpoints: 11179

    What is Stephen A. Smithís take on it?

  33. #33
    pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,873
    Betpoints: 5969

    Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Typical nyk fans are the worst, I've been around them all day during the week for the past decade or more.

    Whether it's talking up Kurt Thomas or trying to delude others into thinking Kobe or LeBron signing was ever a real possibility simply bc it's the big apple. Instead they get washed up guys like Antonio mcdyess at the tail end of their careers as the cold harsh reality.

    New Yorkers like to think they are better than everyone else when in reality they're miserable rats living in closets and they don't even realize the hilarity. The big apple should be changed to the big rat
    there are some good NY's on this board, myself included. knicks fans and NY people are two totally different things.

  34. #34
    TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-07
    Posts: 28,074
    Betpoints: 21712

    Quote Originally Posted by allabout the $$$ View Post
    Thats definitely not true I saw reports Dallas offer 5 years 106
    ESPN was reporting a contract extension 4 Years 55.5 million. Whatever that meant....

    ESPN is also reporting the Max Dallas was willing to offer was somewhere around 5 Years 85 Million. But once they received word that the Knicks offered well over that amount.... meeting was cancelled. Rightfully so. Not worth the price.

    But it doesn't matter anyways... he won't even average 20pts a game.... pure liability. No way he could start for anyone. Let him prove me wrong.

    I could careless what they claim.... "the going rate is" in the NBA.... no way he should even come close to 15 million a year. I'd take a washed up Draymond Green over Brunson.

    Like I said... I'll willing to eat my words.... Brunson.... take the stage... and show me what you got pal.

  35. #35
    pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,873
    Betpoints: 5969

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    ESPN was reporting a contract extension 4 Years 55.5 million. Whatever that meant....

    ESPN is also reporting the Max Dallas was willing to offer was somewhere around 5 Years 85 Million. But once they received word that the Knicks offered well over that amount.... meeting was cancelled. Rightfully so. Not worth the price.

    But it doesn't matter anyways... he won't even average 20pts a game.... pure liability. No way he could start for anyone. Let him prove me wrong.

    I could careless what they claim.... "the going rate is" in the NBA.... no way he should even come close to 15 million a year. I'd take a washed up Draymond Green over Brunson.

    Like I said... I'll willing to eat my words.... Brunson.... take the stage... and show me what you got pal.
    same as you. i hope i can look back at this and realize i was a schmuck for being wrong.

12 Last
Top