tmoible
    tmoible's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

WNBA champion prediction!

Anyone following WNBA season and have some good pick?A lot of underdog win so far and I don’t know which team probably the best team!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most likely conn or Vegas

Lines sharp

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most likely conn or Vegas

Lines sharp
    Conn too clunky/ pieces don't fit.

Mystics are the dark horse. EDD will get better as the season progresses.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Conn too clunky/ pieces don't fit.

Mystics are the dark horse. EDD will get better as the season progresses.
    How are the Sun clunky? Same core roster for several years now with Bonner/Jones/Alyssa Thomas. Jasmine Thomas being out hurts them but Curt Miller still the best coach in the league for my money. The benches don't even matter in WNBA, not enough players to round out an 8-man rotation. The Sky are the only team with any depth and I don't think they'll repeat. Speaking of depth in the WNBA, it's hilarious when I see tweets calling for expansion of the league. Adding even one more team would make these benches laughably bad. There simply aren't enough pro-level women to go around.

jjgold

Vegas must be the chalk

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16000

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Vegas must be the chalk
    Vegas is +120 to win the title at Bovada. I think Connecticut is the only other team I'd consider to win the championship as of right now but that could change.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    How are the Sun clunky? Same core roster for several years now with Bonner/Jones/Alyssa Thomas. Jasmine Thomas being out hurts them but Curt Miller still the best coach in the league for my money. The benches don't even matter in WNBA, not enough players to round out an 8-man rotation. The Sky are the only team with any depth and I don't think they'll repeat. Speaking of depth in the WNBA, it's hilarious when I see tweets calling for expansion of the league. Adding even one more team would make these benches laughably bad. There simply aren't enough pro-level women to go around.
    The two best coaches in the WNBA are white males; you really have to be a super-star coach to stick in this league as a white male.

Sun are slow & punchless in the halfcourt. THeir go-to star is Brionna Jones who comes in off the bench for them -that's by far their best lineup, and you'll notice always their closing lineup. But she can't defend and the others are too slow for their positions for them to generate much drive & kick action.

chargers4222

The two best coaches in the WNBA are white males; you really have to be a super-star coach to stick in this league as a white male.

Sun are slow & punchless in the halfcourt. THeir go-to star is Brionna Jones who comes in off the bench for them -that's by far their best lineup, and you'll notice always their closing lineup. But she can't defend and the others are too slow for their positions for them to generate much drive & kick action.
    I think Cheryl Reeve is a better coach than Thibault but those are the definitive top three to me along with Curt Miller. Hammon is a great coach as well and will end up being the best coach in the league, but not enough experience yet. Sun make up for their half-court woes in transition in my opinion. I could see Griner coming back and sparking the Mercury, because they also have a ton of other injuries, or even the Storm winning it for Sue Bird's last year, but I don't think you can bet anyone other than Sun/Aces as of now.

IBetYou

Aces are 9pt favs tonight vs the champs... what do ya think of that? Seems extreme to me though like anyone else I'm not keen on fading the Aces. Both teams coming off a bad game. Sky have a full roster.

chargers4222

Aces are 9pt favs tonight vs the champs... what do ya think of that? Seems extreme to me though like anyone else I'm not keen on fading the Aces. Both teams coming off a bad game. Sky have a full roster.
    Seems like way too many points but these teams play in the Commissioner's Cup next month, so if the Aces get up big early then Sky may just rest Parker and keep some of their cards close to the vest, save their bullets for the Cup game.

IBetYou

Hmmm winning this one would likely diminish the chances of them winning the meeting they really want.

jjgold

WNBA lines tight this year
    Lines seem high but come down to the number a lot

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10316

Aces look decent

IBetYou

Aces exposed last night. Kinda what I thought of them already... had a phenominal 1st Q where they were drilling threes all over the place and then the shots stop falling and they go to pieces. V.good team but it wont be them. Sky appear even better than last year -Meesseman a huge upgrade over fat slob Dolson.

jjgold

Good call
    Even wnba games are more high scoring

Lazy defense I would think

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

NY was the bet the past 2 weeks if you were smart and realized how good the new French girl was

IBetYou

She just what the league needs. A pretty girl that can hit shots.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Marine Johannes is a great player, clearly loves the game.

IBetYou

If they had more like her they wouldn't need to keep bludgeoning us over the head with this support women's sport crap every broadcast.

Speaking of which, how about that elephant in the room? The woke are pushing for trans men to compete in women's sports. WNBA is extremely woke... not heard a peep from them on this. Don't suppose they're want men competing in their league but who knows, they're not saying.

mcaulay777
    mcaulay777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16291

All my future bets are tied into the Aces. But they have lost so far teams they have to get thru to win the Championship! Kelsea PLum And Aja Wilson are strong players. The Woke stuff you really have to block out to enjoy the games.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by mcaulay777 View Post
    All my future bets are tied into the Aces. But they have lost so far teams they have to get thru to win the Championship! Kelsea PLum And Aja Wilson are strong players. The Woke stuff you really have to block out to enjoy the games.
    They quite often have a guest on at the beginning of the 2nd Q to start talking some political shit and that's when I hit mute. This one's a sensitive one for them obviously... they so badly want to speak up for trans people whatever it may be but they don't want to be replaced.

Aces lack depth -they'll be better when/ if Riquanna Williams returns. Sky appear top dog for now even with CHarles jumping ship (Phx -> Sea).
    Last edited by IBetYou; 06-26-22 at 04:24 PM.

IBetYou

Sky remind me of that most recent Spurs title team with Parker/ Ginobili/ Leonard/ Diaw/ Duncan; skilled players at every position. That's an extremely rare thing in any league. They're on a gravy train with biscuit wheels...

IBetYou

Strange that they're not favourites. I expect they'll have the best record in the league by the break. They clearly have the best team.