Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Has anyone noticed the time delay in live sports is greater

Worse than it was just last year. Tennis especially. Basketball, baseball a little more also.
    Some feeds and leagues are worse than others but it appears there was a concerted effort
    and agreement between the content providers and the corporate and state books.

Even the "live" score feeds are in on it. They lag so much as to become unuseable in live betting.
    The differential used to be shorter. Not this year.

One major standout is the ATP challenger feed I have been using for so many years. It used to be very close.
    Now, it's just like tennis channel.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darkghost

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Yes. It's way worse.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Which live score feeds are you referring to?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

It all depends what your watching on. Rabbit ears has the least delay.

Watching tennis on betrivers feed is live

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Which live score feeds are you referring to?
    concerning the live score feeds, not video, I most often use tennis explorer, goaloo1, covers and flashscore.mobi.
    I used to use scorespro a lot but they sold out and went into flashscore. I can't run flashscore so I will use flashscore.mobi for expanded field, if it's not on the others. It's the same at all the mainstream feeds. I don't know if there are any real time feeds anymore, or anything with a delay under 20 seconds. Some now seem to be 30+ seconds. In bball it's so bad, it sometimescrosses 2 possessions, in tennis, 2 points. This was not the case just last year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It’s terrible
    Now

Love betting is set up to lose

Only bet breaks of games , timeouts ect

Otherwise you have sucker written all over your forhead

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    It’s terrible
    Now

Love betting is set up to lose

Only bet breaks of games , timeouts ect

Otherwise you have sucker written all over your forhead
    In a way

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90300

Snowy you are right.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    It all depends what your watching on. Rabbit ears has the least delay.

this goes to show you how bad of a gambler you are Brock.

It has definitely gotten worse over the past 2 years. Sites like b365 refer all my live bets to a trader which adds an additional 30 seconds to confirm very hard to get any good value on live betting Tennis live

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    this goes to show you how bad of a gambler you are Brock.

It has definitely gotten worse over the past 2 years. Sites like b365 refer all my live bets to a trader which adds an additional 30 seconds to confirm very hard to get any good value on live betting Tennis live
    WTF are you babbling about? i've got LIVE feeds that i watch and if rabbit ears over the air isn't as live as it gets, what is? Blow me with your "how bad a gambler you are" nonsense

Snowball

WTF are you babbling about? i've got LIVE feeds that i watch and if rabbit ears over the air isn't as live as it gets, what is? Blow me with your "how bad a gambler you are" nonsense
    It can't be true. The delay is attributed from the feed at the point of its filming. That means it doesn't matter where next the feed is distributed, whether its over-the-air, cable, or streaming. Transmissions are all digital now in the first world. Although there is often a difference between cable, streaming, and over-the-air broadcast, that is in addition to the main delay and has always, for many years been the case, so it's not what we're talking about. That must be a very slight difference so that programming time slot spans stay in sync.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153420

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    It can't be true. The delay is attributed from the feed at the point of its filming. That means it doesn't matter where next the feed is distributed, whether its over-the-air, cable, or streaming. Transmissions are all digital now in the first world. Although there is often a difference between cable, streaming, and over-the-air broadcast, that is in addition to the main delay and has always, for many years been the case, so it's not what we're talking about. That must be a very slight difference so that programming time slot spans stay in sync.
    comparing last night's NBA game on ABC: using OTA digital antenna vs. DirecTV cable streaming...

OTA was truly live and coincided perfectly will all live scoreboard feeds, whereas cable streaming was delayed a good 45 secs or so

i tested it myself and will test it again for Game 3

that said, other cable/satellite/other streaming services might have a shorter (or even longer) delay than DirecTV so i only have 1 streaming service to compare to OTA right now

jjgold

Books playing games more than ever

They do anything to cheat it’s real bad now

icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Books playing games more than ever

They do anything to cheat it’s real very bad now
    speak English muthafkr!

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    speak English muthafkr!
    drinking guy sea breezes

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    comparing last night's NBA game on ABC: using OTA digital antenna vs. DirecTV cable streaming...

OTA was truly live and coincided perfectly will all live scoreboard feeds, whereas cable streaming was delayed a good 45 secs or so

i tested it myself and will test it again for Game 3

that said, other cable/satellite/other streaming services might have a shorter (or even longer) delay than DirecTV so i only have 1 streaming service to compare to OTA right now
    but that's not what I'm taking about. In the start of the thread. The point is that the "live" feeds BOTH scoreboard AND telecast are delayed compared to the odds updates that change on the live feed of bookmakers. It's always been the case. Now it's even longer, and the reason is that as we went legal, the multi-billions corporations and states have the resources and the ability to alter those feeds because they are the ones filming the entertainment for consumption.

I do wonder if it's worse for the legal books than offshore. Legals might be faster in odds flips.
    Wow I just had deja-vu.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

ah ok, i see what you mean

did you see the video someone posted a little while back about the guy who hired people to attend tennis matches and then transmit him the results so he could beat live betting?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I guess what Snowball is indicating.... books are intentionally delaying the updated odds.... forcing a longer delay?

I do agree with Orbison.... you compare DirecTV ABC to OTA ABC and it's not even a contest... OTA ABC is practically right on.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

how can it be unless betrivers films and owns the broadcast themselves?

Snowball

ah ok, i see what you mean

did you see the video someone posted a little while back about the guy who hired people to attend tennis matches and then transmit him the results so he could beat live betting?
    i read about it.

this delay is longer now. but even when it's two points or scores, it's easy to adjust because once you know how to read live lines (all but the casual bettors don't know), then you can easily just infer the scoring, so we always know what happened before we bet. if I am not going to arb out then I just turn it off and watch the game or score feed.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I guess what Snowball is indicating.... books are intentionally delaying the updated odds.... forcing a longer delay?

I do agree with Orbison.... you compare DirecTV ABC to OTA ABC and it's not even a contest... OTA ABC is practically right on.
    there is a delay so the algorithms can post new odds before bettors can view it on ANY screen.
    It was always there except for at the very beginning years of live bettting, but now it's longer
    because the professional programmers are involved since it's legal and connected to governments.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Landers is right. Rabbit ears have the least amount of lag. Streaming apps you could be 1-3 minutes behind. If I’m watching NFL/NCAFF at home I always go rabbit ears. Get the most expensive one you can find and also buy the $15 amplifier.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Yeah in aus ch7 and fox sports is different 3-5 secs, the books are paying extra for the live feed in aus

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Yeah in aus ch7 and fox sports is different 3-5 secs, the books are paying extra for the live feed in aus
    What dickheads. Like JJ says, if you want to live bet you have to wait until a timeout or stoppage. Otherwise you are going to get ****** out of a point or two minimum.

Brock Landers

how can it be unless betrivers films and owns the broadcast themselves?
    Watch and you'll see

MiDNiTe

Watching NBA finals on ESPN and going through bet365 app, bet 365 has scores before live TV lol

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

Watch and you'll see
    but how do you know what you're watching is truly live?

are you saying that if you were in attendance at one of these matches and then also had a mobile device with you playing the betrivers feed that your eyes and the feed would be in perfect sync?

Snowball

the lag between cable and rabbit ears has always been there, it's not connected to this gambling issue.

but how many games are broadcast on rabbit ears? not a lot... and it's still a lag. go test it.

don't test it with an offshore outfit's live betting.. test it with a top of the line legal book
    that has the best software...the odds will shift or the betting will be turned off before you see the play complete.

this is done at the point of transmission by the filmers to the station or at the station itself.
    there is a setting they can adjust like you adjust the audio delay on your sound bar to synch with live tv because the digital audio sometimes comes in faster than the video. they just punch in the number, and it's obvious they increased it from what it was. tv broadcasts are digital since 2010 also.
    Last edited by Snowball; 06-06-22 at 06:01 PM.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Watching NBA finals on ESPN and going through bet365 app, bet 365 has scores before live TV lol
    that's because whichever TV provider you're using for ESPN is delayed vs. the true live action

the delay wouldn't be nearly as long though if your sporting event is being broadcasted OTA (i.e. on a major network) and you're using an antenna to watch

Brock Landers

but how do you know what you're watching is truly live?

are you saying that if you were in attendance at one of these matches and then also had a mobile device with you playing the betrivers feed that your eyes and the feed would be in perfect sync?
    Because the scores on flashscore, which is what the books use for tennis, don't change before I see it on this feed, believe me, it's live

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Brock have you ever tried acid?

MiDNiTe

Because the scores on flashscore, which is what the books use for tennis, don't change before I see it on this feed, believe me, it's live
    Flashscores is slow, it's way slower than bet365 scores

jjgold

Books easily get you an average of 20 cents more live betting moving lines and most players do not even know it

Live betting is cash machine for books like slot machines all you need to know

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 187

Best to make live bet right after break or timeout to b sure ur getting a fair deal

If I just a making small live bets I really don’t care

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Interesting, I just thought it was YouTubeTV that had this lag. NBA Finals its like 45 seconds behind. Didn't realize regular cable had it too.