stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Disagree Nash. I believe he's trying to bring awareness that these types of killing must stop. Don't care which side you're on. Imagine if everyone forced a change instead of offering thoughts and prayers.

If you're a banger/thug/crook, you chose that life. Kids dying in schools is unacceptable and didn't have a choice.
    I don't know, I don't know who's yapping for attention or who is sincere anymore.

Not for nothing I believe no private citizen should own anything more powerful than a hunting rifle on only if they hunt, and any sane, felony free private citizen should be able to own and keep a pistol type gun inside their home to protect his/her property.

The assault weapons, no one should have one.

That's where I stand on the second amendment.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by Covering the # View Post
    Anything said or done coming out of San Francissyco is meaningless
    So if i lived in San Fran and had a niece that was shot and killed in this shooting I couldnt stand up and do anything? If so what a delusional comment

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I don't know, I don't know who's yapping for attention or who is sincere anymore.

Not for nothing I believe no private citizen should own anything more powerful than a hunting rifle on only if they hunt, and any sane, felony free private citizen should be able to own and keep a pistol type gun inside their home to protect his/her property.

The assault weapons, no one should have one.

That's where I stand on the second amendment.
    I'm not opposed to people having guns, but a tool that can easily take a life should have more checks and balances to it. But they dont want that because it'll slow down sales so the conservative side is going to speak in riddles, hyperboles and fairy tales and blame things that they cant solve as an excuse not to take action.
    Every person that is against this cant honestly tell me that if they had a family member that died because of this would still hold this "well shit happens" view.

Steve you live in CT man, you were around Sandy Hook, you should at least see some of my points.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    What about Pat Tillman? He gave up his sports career to go to war. Should he have not because he was an athlete?
    I'm not sure I'm getting your point, that was Tillman's choice.

Listen, TBC, I have to crash, I'm beat.
    You're OK in my book, we can do the opposite POV thing calmly, unlike that other jabronni here that shouts you down when you both correct them and tell them where he's wrong, don't misread that last sentence, I'm not calling your right or wrong, that wasn't directed at you.

I'm out, peace dude.

stevenash

I'm not opposed to people having guns, but a tool that can easily take a life should have more checks and balances to it. But they dont want that because it'll slow down sales so the conservative side is going to speak in riddles, hyperboles and fairy tales and blame things that they cant solve as an excuse not to take action.
    Every person that is against this cant honestly tell me that if they had a family member that died because of this would still hold this "well shit happens" view.

Steve you live in CT man, you were around Sandy Hook, you should at least see some of my points.
    Sandy Hook was a clusterfuck, yeah.

Not for nothing, I love Ned Lamont, and he's a (D)
    Go figure, lol

I gotta go.

franklee168
    franklee168's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16945

Anything said or done coming out of San Francissyco is meaningless
    Same can be said about any statement from someone who can't donate thirty three cents a day to charity. Borderline freeloader.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

He should ask Kathryn Steinle‘s father how it makes him feel that Kapler wears the name of a city who allowed an illegal immigrant to murder his daughter while walking next to him on the pier. An illegal Immigrant who was deported 5 times and then was acquitted by this wonderful sanctuary city.

Or maybe he could start smaller and make a stance against his fans throwing objects at opposing outfielders.

franklee168

Quote Originally Posted by risKingDigits View Post
    He should ask Kathryn Steinle‘s father how it makes him feel that Kapler wears the name of a city who allowed an illegal immigrant to murder his daughter while walking next to him on the pier. An illegal Immigrant who was deported 5 times and then was acquitted by this wonderful sanctuary city.

Or maybe he could start smaller and make a stance against his fans throwing objects at opposing outfielders.
    He may have made a stance if he was here in 2015. I think his statement is he doesn't like the direction the country is heading. Digging.
    Last edited by franklee168; 05-28-22 at 12:18 AM.

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4191

So if i lived in San Fran and had a niece that was shot and killed in this shooting I couldnt stand up and do anything? If so what a delusional comment
    But that isn't the case so my position still stands

Covering the #
    Covering the #'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4191

Quote Originally Posted by franklee168 View Post
    Same can be said about any statement from someone who can't donate thirty three cents a day to charity. Borderline freeloader.
    Not sure what your rebuttal means but I can tell you from afar, the weak limp wristed white "spokesmen" from your territory have no meaning elsewhere

franklee168

Not sure what your rebuttal means but I can tell you from afar, the weak limp wristed white "spokesmen" from your territory have no meaning elsewhere
    Not a rebuttal, just a statement. Everyone has a right to protest the way they see fit. White, black, yellow, purple can all make comments. Just like how you just made a comment on how no one else in the US cares about what Kapler did today. Lot of meaning there. I may call some friends in Texas and ask just for shits and giggles to see if you're right. I'll report back.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Quote Originally Posted by Zlaniner View Post

Go G i a n t s
    Go Dodgers!!!!

goduke

But that isn't the case so my position still stands
    It’s a dumb comment. You are saying no one’s voice matters if they live in San Fran. I mean it’s a dumb comment because you are just generalizing a whole city based on what? Man sometimes I don’t know why I engage in this

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    Colin Kap was right all along.... standing for national anthem means you just stand for the war profiteering. "Support the troops..." really means just accept the fact that the USA will always be at war
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    The only reason he is protesting the National Anthem is because he is free to do it in a country like this. Now if you really want to show some balls, protest a communist country like China and their human rights.
    Well said KLC. Straight to the point.

Why bring up China? You are deflecting ..Its not relevant ....
    KLC wasn't deflecting anything. He was spot on. If you constantly allow ignorant sh## to be spoken of.... the end result will always be ignorance. The day you allow he/she's and she/he's and say it's correct.... is the day the sh## hit the fan. What is the code of conduct? Does anyone really know anymore?? If a country doesn't have proper rules and guidelines.... the end result is what you are witnessing today.

Now, try correcting all of this with "law and order".... you can't. Because you allowed the decay in your own homeland. You threw the rules out the window. End result will always be rebellion and chaos if you set rules down.

Once again.... this sh## started with the Obama Administration. Fact is fact. When you have 8 years of pure meltdown.... and you keep saying everything is ok.... I'M TRULY FREE. No you aren't. You never were free. Now, try correcting this.... Trump tried. I'm not even trying to get "political".... the man tried his hardest. Now when you have a sloppy Joe Biden as President.... look at the sh## it's producing? Fukk... I don't give a damn who's in office.... but for Christ Sake... how about showing up for work and accomplishing something? You take all our tax dollars for govt. wages.... so fukking do something. I want a god damn president that can finish a sentence without STUTTERING! Can I get one please?

Have Gabe Kapler say that sh## in CHINA... police would be at his doorstep within 5 minutes to lock his ass up.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Colin Kap was right all along.... standing for national anthem means you just stand for the war profiteering. "Support the troops..." really means just accept the fact that the USA will always be at war
    We, as Americans, have spent trillions over the last 70 years to ensure open global trading routes. Without the U.S. "always being at war" there would be many countries that have experienced economic success, whose citizens would still be living as if it were the 19th century.
    Last edited by teecee; 05-28-22 at 08:34 AM.

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Nobody gives af about the national anthem pre-game

Its a waste of time and needed to be axed long ago

Standing and taking your hat off doesnt make you a patriot
    I agree. A baseball game is not important enough an event to play the national anthem. I think the fact that it is played constantly, waters it down and that opens the door for it's loss of importance in the mind's of many.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22786

Liberal POS Manager FH & His LIBERAL AGENDA the whole shooting event STAGED by the MF LEFT D to the L

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

So no crying liberals own guns???? People blaming republicans and that not one dem owns a gun

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

The only reason he is protesting the National Anthem is because he is free to do it in a country like this. Now if you really want to show some balls, protest a communist country like China and their human rights.
    Post of the month!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    So no crying liberals own guns???? People blaming republicans and that not one dem owns a gun
    Dems own guns. Republicans hold the rest of the gun owners hostage by not passing background checks required to buy guns. Buying a gun should not be as easy as buying eggs from the grocery store.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You mean like the guys on semis that were blocking the bridges and interstates to protest covid?

franklee168

Why would he protest China if his statement is saying he does like the direction OUR country is heading? You fukken guys just make shit up to add to your bullshit. Why don't you throw away everything you own that's made in China? Seems like you have an issue KLC. You're old enough to be able to stay within a conversation.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

This guy is just grand standing and looking for attention with his opinion, why can't he be more like SBR members and keep his mouth shut and never voice his opinion??

teecee

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Dems own guns. Republicans hold the rest of the gun owners hostage by not passing background checks required to buy guns. Buying a gun should not be as easy as buying eggs from the grocery store.
    What if Democrats did something like boycott the buying of guns until some of these measures they are looking for were passed? Would that not be a more effective to start a movement? Affecting guns sales profit could be a decent place to start. No?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

There are millions of illegal fire arms throughout the U.S.

The vast majority of homicides in this country are with illegal firearms. Heroine and Meth and all that shit is illegal and look how many cities have been overrun by their use? Laws aren’t going to do shit but prevent the home owner from being able to defend his property.

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Well said KLC. Straight to the point.

KLC wasn't deflecting anything. He was spot on. If you constantly allow ignorant sh## to be spoken of.... the end result will always be ignorance. The day you allow he/she's and she/he's and say it's correct.... is the day the sh## hit the fan. What is the code of conduct? Does anyone really know anymore?? If a country doesn't have proper rules and guidelines.... the end result is what you are witnessing today.

Now, try correcting all of this with "law and order".... you can't. Because you allowed the decay in your own homeland. You threw the rules out the window. End result will always be rebellion and chaos if you set rules down.

Once again.... this sh## started with the Obama Administration. Fact is fact. When you have 8 years of pure meltdown.... and you keep saying everything is ok.... I'M TRULY FREE. No you aren't. You never were free. Now, try correcting this.... Trump tried. I'm not even trying to get "political".... the man tried his hardest. Now when you have a sloppy Joe Biden as President.... look at the sh## it's producing? Fukk... I don't give a damn who's in office.... but for Christ Sake... how about showing up for work and accomplishing something? You take all our tax dollars for govt. wages.... so fukking do something. I want a god damn president that can finish a sentence without STUTTERING! Can I get one please?

Have Gabe Kapler say that sh## in CHINA... police would be at his doorstep within 5 minutes to lock his ass up.
    Ignorant shit like Qanon or rigged elections? Ask the Buffalo kid what things made him so mad? It’s all these conspiracies that got pushed harder than ever when trump was president. It has nothing to do with a “code of conduct” it’s misinformation that’s poisoning young peoples minds.
    You also can’t say you don’t care who is president when you coincidentally bash on two dem presidents and praise one Republican president. It doesn’t really fit your statement
    As for doing something, no matter if you are the president or not you don’t have unlimited power without the support of congress. I never understand how people don’t get the three branches of government and how they work.
    It’s like that just got removed from school teachings.
    Also if you support gun rights then you support your amendment rights and your liberties right? So if that’s the case how can you then talk about China and forcing people to not have liberties? It’s a wild hypocritical statement.
    Man I know you love your conspiracy theories in sports but I think it’s bleeding over to your reality here with your statement

franklee168

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post

The vast majority of homicides in this country are with illegal firearms. Heroine and Meth and all that shit is illegal and look how many cities have been overrun by their use? Laws aren’t going to do shit but prevent the home owner from being able to defend his property.
    If there was only a way to check with other countries that have less mass shootings to see what they do? Maybe that would be a starting point?

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    No one is arguing that people shouldnt have guns for home protection or to feel safe but can we just make it a little harder for idiots to buy guns?
    We take drivers education and have a minimum amount of hours along with a driving test to get a license, why can’t there be a solid background check, a gun safety course and maybe some sort of test as well to prove a person can be a responsible adult with a weapon that can take a life? That’s it, I don’t think it’s a unrealistic request

TheMoneyShot

Ignorant shit like Qanon or rigged elections? Ask the Buffalo kid what things made him so mad? It’s all these conspiracies that got pushed harder than ever when trump was president. It has nothing to do with a “code of conduct” it’s misinformation that’s poisoning young peoples minds.
    You also can’t say you don’t care who is president when you coincidentally bash on two dem presidents and praise one Republican president. It doesn’t really fit your statement
    As for doing something, no matter if you are the president or not you don’t have unlimited power without the support of congress. I never understand how people don’t get the three branches of government and how they work.
    It’s like that just got removed from school teachings.
    Also if you support gun rights then you support your amendment rights and your liberties right? So if that’s the case how can you then talk about China and forcing people to not have liberties? It’s a wild hypocritical statement.
    Man I know you love your conspiracy theories in sports but I think it’s bleeding over to your reality here with your statement
    Inconsistencies??? The left owns them all. This country was just fine with discipline and ordinance. Is the LEFT plan really working??? Take a good look at everything. $5.00 gas.... $4.00 chicken breast per pound?? WTF?? If it happens ON YOUR WATCH... YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM. Fix it. Stop pussying around and making up excuses.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post

But all the mass murders in the last 10 years were done with legally purchased guns. How do we fix this so it won't happen in the future? Thoughts and players isn't cutting it anymore. It never did.

goduke

Inconsistencies??? The left owns them all. This country was just fine with discipline and ordinance. Is the LEFT plan really working??? Take a good look at everything. $5.00 gas.... $4.00 chicken breast per pound?? WTF?? If it happens ON YOUR WATCH... YOU ARE A PART OF THE PROBLEM. Fix it. Stop pussying around and making up excuses.
    We were going to have inflation after covid no matter what. One of those stimulus plans was from trump.
    It’s like when Bush destroyed the deficit after his wars in Iraq and then people blamed Obama for them.
    Now I’m not saying Biden isn’t at fault too because he is, his stimulus also hurt but it’s both groups man. That’s my point, these politicians are not here to help.
    But with that being said if you are a Republican president with a Democratic Congress or vice versa you will never get anything accomplished plain and simple. That’s not excuses that’s the way the system was built with checks and balances.
    I could go for days that both parties have done plenty of idiotic things and that the key to really changing our country is regular people being able to work together on the left and right and understanding each other. Then voting out people who don’t help regular citizens. But when you make the statements you do you are part of the problem, you are writing off anything that doesn’t come from your talking heads and are fearful of an opposing view because the word liberal scares you.

TheMoneyShot

^ I have nothing against what you said. Personally... I'm not afraid of the word liberal. I'm not quick to judge or be prejudice towards anyone. I am all for everyone being HAPPY. And as you can see.... people aren't happy. And it's getting worse every single day now.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: franklee168

goduke

^ I have nothing against what you said. Personally... I'm not afraid of the word liberal. I'm not quick to judge or be prejudice towards anyone. I am all for everyone being HAPPY. And as you can see.... people aren't happy. And it's getting worse every single day now.
    But let’s try and move past it’s one parties fault everytime and take a real look at what both parties are doing while they are in office and what they did before they leave that also might run into the next parties term.
    The underlying thing right now is small children are being straight up murdered in school classrooms or people are getting shot in a grocery store all because the access to guns is to easy. I don’t care if these people were fatherless, didn’t learn a code of conduct, played video games, etc. Because in the end if there’s a more rigorous background check, with gun licensing requirements maybe they could have these mental issues but not have the resources to commit these crimes.
    We have to move past the rhetoric that gets pushed on a day to day basis by both sides politicians and just listen to common sense. Should kids die in classrooms? And how can we make sure that stops immediately and not 10 years from now? Then for the longer future how can we get our society as a whole on the right page to stop spreading so much disinformation and gassing these mentally unstable people up?

I’m hopeful that people can at least agree on the answers to these questions

RonT73
    RonT73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12541

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Never heard of ppl skipping the Canadian anthem, face it, USA is a fckked up place to live. 100% toxic envinronment rivaling 3rd world countries
    Thats because Canadia is a bunch of pu**ies. They dont stand for anything. Let big poppa do all the heavy lifting and sit back and relax....

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

The problem is doing "something". It kind of reminds me of when Isaiah Thomas was the GM of the Knicks. He traded for Steve Francis, who did not fit into the roster at all. He then said something along the lines of, "It's so crazy that it might just work." Everyone knew it wasn't going to work, but at least he did "something". When you go down the gun foxhole, you are working toward infringing on constitutional rights. When the next school shooting happens, people will want to dig down that foxhole a little bit more. Before you know it, after about a dozen more incidents, were looking at recommendations that would not have been thought of when they first started drafting the bills.

I like the idea of using the $90+ billion money not used for COVID school programs and budgeting security for our schools. Florida should teach us that you can't hire just any Barney Fife. I would strive for ex-military with good mental health records. The main object of the federal government is to protect our citizenry. Who is more precious than our children?

As far as the "mental health" issue. When people were stating to defund the police and pay for social programs, I actually was open to hearing what these social programs would consist of. Kids need activities to get them off the internet and make them more productive. These don't need to necessarily be government funded. I'm sure that there are many charities that can be funded with private monies from entities that would love to get a tax break for donating to the community. The Nashville Rescue Mission is a beautiful example. Many people have been saved from the streets of homelessness and gotten their lives back together using no tax moneys at all. All donations. Their have been thousands of people that have become productive again and brought their hearts to Christ in the process.

Protecting our schools helps deter potential attacks in the short term. Social programs maybe saves some souls in the future and maybe some hearts that would have otherwise been lost can help the future of our country in a positive light. No constitutional rights possibly infringed on and both sides issue plans that they have stated in the past that they would want to use.

First 123 Last