Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6145

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Good call
    For someone who has supposedly been around the gambling block so many times it amazes me how many times you call games early.

CJ
    CJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5812

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Another turd from the dart chucker
    I like how this clown is first, second and third in line to suck morino off, but has no respect for Laker. Just a bottomless well of stupidity some people drink from around here.

Tough loss Laker, brutal to not cover when you had a 25 point cushion at one point.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Huge comeback by Curry & Co. Surprising to me, I'll say that.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    When did you get that otters
    Mavs up 9 first q

23-10 I think

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Yeah I’m sure that’s when he bet it but shouldn’t they have offered the ml and the spread? I guess it didn’t matter this time as I’m sure he went AI.
    No money line offered at the time.

Should of hedged at half.

Still have $259 in local account. $30 limits wager

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by Str8Mush4Life View Post
    For someone who has supposedly been around the gambling block so many times it amazes me how many times you call games early.
    It's who he is, it's what he does.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

series over

i didn't watch it

saw dr strange 2 instead in a AMC Prime 3D format, surprisingly enjoyed it more than most marvel movies

is there a game tomorrow, ill miss that too... volleyball tournament season on saturday's for me

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    series over

i didn't watch it

saw dr strange 2 instead in a AMC Prime 3D format, surprisingly enjoyed it more than most marvel movies

is there a game tomorrow, ill miss that too... volleyball tournament season on saturday's for me
    Are you a setter or a spiker?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Are you a setter or a spiker?
    better at playing hitter than setter

also when i play in tournaments with teams of 4 i like playing the back also as i get to use my agility, speed, anticipation skills more often and i love returning spikes by dive return hits or getting them back in the air and diving forward to hit up drop shots and poke shots

stevenash

also when i play in tournaments with teams of 4 i like playing the back also as i get to use my agility, speed, anticipation skills more often and i love returning spikes by dive return hits or getting them back in the air and diving forward to hit up drop shots and poke shots
    Used to play some in HS.
    Interesting game.

More strategy involved than the casual sports fan realized.

Most of my time was baseball though.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Laker give it up man it’s chalk or bust 80 percent there is no value left the US legalization has destroyed the angels guys like us have to learn to adjust or walk away it’s like when the internet came out and the lines all followed and you could no longer exploit things

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Laker give it up man it’s chalk or bust 80 percent there is no value left the US legalization has destroyed the angels guys like us have to learn to adjust or walk away it’s like when the internet came out and the lines all followed and you could no longer exploit things
    It ebbs and flows with the legalization. Talk to your most basic sports bettors who don’t know what they are doing and now 95 percent of them bet “value”. They don’t lay high juice, they take the dog or the points. People have engrained “value” into every sports bettors head that it’s becoming the “public play”
    Eventually it’ll flip when people start making money going back the other way then talk about it and the masses start betting the juice. When that happens dogs will be back a lot more.
    Whenever you want to find out what the books need to win grab 5 guys new to sports betting and get their bets. It’ll open your eyes right up.
    I literally have a couple buddies of mine that I only really talk to because they are new to betting and they are getting cleaned out. They all bet what they think are contrarian plays every night, When in fact all 5 of them who don’t really know each other are literally betting the same thing every night. It helps a lot to know that

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    It ebbs and flows with the legalization. Talk to your most basic sports bettors who don’t know what they are doing and now 95 percent of them bet “value”. They don’t lay high juice, they take the dog or the points. People have engrained “value” into every sports bettors head that it’s becoming the “public play”
    Eventually it’ll flip when people start making money going back the other way then talk about it and the masses start betting the juice. When that happens dogs will be back a lot more.
    Whenever you want to find out what the books need to win grab 5 guys new to sports betting and get their bets. It’ll open your eyes right up.
    I literally have a couple buddies of mine that I only really talk to because they are new to betting and they are getting cleaned out. They all bet what they think are contrarian plays every night, When in fact all 5 of them who don’t really know each other are literally betting the same thing every night. It helps a lot to know that
    Good stuff, duke. Yes, it can be good to listen in on the thoughts of the consensus.

Props if you can figure this stuff out.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dallas has one player and 4 journeyman

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Like i said, shit product. Teams constantly checking threes, never attacking the paint anymore.
    Warriors scored 62 points in the paint. They sunk 87.5% at the rim.

This series is over.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Warriors scored 62 points in the paint. They sunk 87.5% at the rim.

This series is over.
    I was referring to Dallas

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO

You can't win in the NBA if every game you take the points. You have to pick your spots.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You can't win in the NBA if every game you take the points. You have to pick your spots.
    Okay we will follow you from now on. Give us the plays when you are ready before the game.

Thanks

CJ

Good stuff here. I really need to get into beach volleyball this Summer, the problem is... I don't live near any beaches!

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Okay we will follow you from now on. Give us the plays when you are ready before the game.

Thanks

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Rock solid post Duke.

My two cents.
    The average common man doesn't like to take risks, he or she finds safety in numbers and is much more inclined to take the points in a football or basketball game, than give them.

I wish I had a dollar everytime I heard this from a novice bettor "But 8.5 points is a lot to give to the other team"
    Usually I bite my tongue and keep this thought to myself "The line is 8.5 for a reason"

There's about a dozen and a half solid sports bettors on these boards, maybe twenty.
    KVB is probably the best guy to talk to regarding the psychology of sports bettors, but I think the common man would much rather take than lay when given a choice.

Years ago, back in my college days I picked up some extra under the table cash working as an 'errand boy' in Boston for a pretty large local book. Basic shit, answer phones with the boss "Buzzy" during football season, doing leg work, errand boy shit.

The boss "Buzzy" (and old school book) who started out booking bets from the grandstand at Fenway Park right behind the Pesky foul pole in right field when Ted Williams played passed on to me so much valuable information, the kind of stuff you'll never read in a text book.
    Like how to profile, but that's another story for another day.

One piece of information he gave me was when he told me "Billy, you know why you see some 9.5 lines in college football"?
    "One of the reasons is a lot of bettors don't like to lay double digits, they'll lay 9.5, but afraid to lay 11, even when they should in most of those games"

It's part of the psychology of betting.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Combine that psychology with some kind of ratings or forecasting (does not have to be market leading at all) and my video about "Knowing Your Markets" and you have all the tools you need to win at sportsbetting.

The next step will be about getting down.

You can get +EV bets just based on that one video. I literally give the key. Just a few speadsheet calculators away from having every tool needed.

When it comes to origin forecasts, I will never do that. I won't give plays. It won't benefit me, and it won't benefit the bettor betting them, even if they got my number.

Bettors must understand this.

I'm not trying to turn losers into winners, I'm just helping bettors lose less.

Both of those things have already happened though, so sometimes it's a fine line.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tremendous work KVB

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tremendous work KVB
    If they only knew just how valuable that info is.

State of the Markets, Gold.

This is more supporing info than play generati, but I always say compare my work and posts to your own handicappint.

To bad we can't tease USFL...

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

First 123