Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Another huge loss for bitcoin last night. In 2 weeks bitcoin won't even exist anymore.
    Two weeks from now of two weeks from next decade???

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Two weeks from now of two weeks from next decade???
    Yes 2 weeks from now. It will be on Friday May 20th at 10:37 a.m eastern time.

Mike Huntertz

Yes 2 weeks from now. It will be on Friday May 20th at 10:37 a.m eastern time.
    You seem quite sure.....let's make a wager okay? If it's not you stop posting about BTC.
    If it is zero I will praise you and your clairvoyance every day.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Another huge loss for bitcoin last night. In 2 weeks bitcoin won't even exist anymore.
    LOL...ok.

The same was said about the internet once upon a time. In fact, some of the same people.

BTC will be fine. The great short is in the secondary digital assets. Gravity will suck the players into BTC and the others will play a very limited speculative role.

BTC will work higher. It may touch $10k before $100k but its headed to $100k.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    LOL...ok.

The same was said about the internet once upon a time. In fact, some of the same people.

BTC will be fine. The great short is in the secondary digital assets. Gravity will suck the players into BTC and the others will play a very limited speculative role.

BTC will work higher. It may touch $10k before $100k but its headed to $100k.
    Never 100k. People have been saying that for 10 years now. Bitcoin reached its peak at 60,000. It will never get any higher than that. It will only go lower until it reaches zero.

Mike Huntertz

Never 100k. People have been saying that for 10 years now. Bitcoin reached its peak at 60,000. It will never get any higher than that. It will only go lower until it reaches zero.
    ....in two weeks, correct?

themike78

You seem quite sure.....let's make a wager okay? If it's not you stop posting about BTC.
    If it is zero I will praise you and your clairvoyance every day.
    I could never stop posting about bitcoin. Too many people here rely on my expert advice when it comes to crypto.

ericc
    ericc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20509

RoyBacon

I bought my first BTC at $85 and folks said it would never hit $100.

I really never thought it would get to $5000. So I sold..damit.

But what I did not forsee was the hedge it plays vs weak currencies. Not just the obvious ones like Venezuela, Russia, China but dam near most the world.

Even Mexico has seen the peso drop by 90%+ in my lifetime. BTC is a safe haven from sovereign currencies that are underwater with debt and actually have a negative intrinsic value. Hence; you will see $100k in the next couple of years.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    What do Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg,, David Murdock, Steve Jobs and Michael Dell have in common? They don't have college degrees.
    12 US Presidents have no degree

26 have only undergraduate

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15362

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    12 US Presidents have no degree

26 have only undergraduate
    College a huge waste of time and money for 95% of the people. Trade schools are important.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

College a huge waste of time and money for 95% of the people. Trade schools are important.

Fishhead

I would love to bet you $10,000 it hits 100,000 before ZERO..........if neither happens within 3 years, bet cancelled.

I would even lay 15,000 to your 10,000 with the wager.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    I would love to bet you $10,000 it hits 100,000 before ZERO..........if neither happens within 3 years, bet cancelled.

lol. I'd slap 10x's that down too. I'd even say $100k before $100. Give the counter party a chance.

I would agree it's commercial value as far as everyday transactions is a long time off. But gold has no real commercial transactional value either.

If sovereign issued money had any real value besides "full faith" one could make a better argument against BTC.

It can even be described as an optical illusion. The value of fiat currency will continue to erode making it seem like BTC is going higher. No different than gold which was trading at $25 an ounce in 1960. The value of gold has not changed for 4000 years but the currencies have.

Fishhead

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    lol. I'd slap 10x's that down too. I'd even say $100k before $100. Give the counter party a chance.

I would agree it's commercial value as far as everyday transactions is a long time off. But gold has no real commercial transactional value either.

If sovereign issued money had any real value besides "full faith" one could make a better argument against BTC.

It can even be described as an optical illusion. The value of fiat currency will continue to erode making it seem like BTC is going higher. No different than gold which was trading at $25 an ounce in 1960. The value of gold has not changed for 4000 years but the currencies have.
    The last 20-22 years GOLD has outperformed stocks......even with dividends reinvested.

GOLD underrated

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I think you mean 67,500

Mike Huntertz

I could never stop posting about bitcoin. Too many people here rely on my expert advice when it comes to crypto.
    Any insights on the Easter Bunny, Santa or gawd?
    Your fiction makes me laugh. Keep it coming. lol

themike78

Any insights on the Easter Bunny, Santa or gawd?
    Your fiction makes me laugh. Keep it coming. lol
    Well I do know the Easter Bunny is real because I met him. I know God is real. Santa I'm unsure about.

themike78

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post

I would definitely bet $20,000 it doesn't reach 100,000 in 3 years. I could be wrong about it hitting zero, however I know it will never come close to 100,000.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR
    Greget's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4631

What do Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg,, David Murdock, Steve Jobs and Michael Dell have in common? They don't have college degrees.
    What's your point? You aren't bill gates or any of those people. On average, people with college degrees make an average of 1 million more over their lifetimes. That's the key metric.. ON AVERAGE.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Using Bitcoin for international money transfers saves a normal person 4% to 5% in bank fees and forex premiums.

Being paid in US$ whilst living in a Euro currency country is just one example of a non-criminal usage that also solves a significant problem of banks parasiting off international commerce.
    This is a fair argument. But it's not that banks couldn't reduce fees if they weren't so greedy. The technology to transfer money cheaply around the world exists, if it's bitcoin that help make banks more competitive, great. I wouldn't call this game changing to the vast majority of people, but ok, it's a good thing.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11292

Quote Originally Posted by Greget View Post
    What's your point? You aren't bill gates or any of those people. On average, people with college degrees make an average of 1 million more over their lifetimes. That's the key metric.. ON AVERAGE.
    Maybe 20 years ago but that's not the case anymore especially in the technology field. More companies are easing away from degree requirements and focusing more on skills.

I don't have a college degree yet I am in upper management for a large tech company. When I interview and hire for potential candidates, a degree is nice but I focus much more on what you can bring to the table in skills.
    Last edited by wombat; 05-08-22 at 12:29 PM.

raiders72001

Blockchain technology is going to get rid of a lot of paper pushers will college degrees. It's going to hurt a crooked banking system. Fudging numbers becomes impossible because blockchain transactions are immutable. Society becomes more productive when you cut out the fat.

raiders72001

The supply chain is becoming much more efficient and transparent because of blockchain technology. Future art work such as NFTs are verifiable. We don't need some type of expert to verify the authenticity.

Cryptos are banking the unbanked. Right now governments can freeze bank accounts any time they want. Bitcoin held in your wallet where you own the keys can't be controlled by any outside force.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Maybe 20 years ago but that's not the case anymore especially in the technology field. More companies are easing away from degree requirements and focusing more on skills.

I don't have a college degree yet I am in upper management for a large tech company. When I interview and hire for potential candidates, a degree is nice but I focus much more on what you can bring to the table in skills.
    You're just wrong buddy. It's gone up more. And it's hard to imagine any company would put someone like you in charge of anything, to be honest. You're too lazy to google the most basic of concepts before spouting off.

According to a new report from the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce (CEW), adults with a bachelor’s degree earn an average of $2.8 million during their careers, $1.2 million more than the median for workers with a high school diploma.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

Blockchain technology is going to get rid of a lot of paper pushers will college degrees. It's going to hurt a crooked banking system. Fudging numbers becomes impossible because blockchain transactions are immutable. Society becomes more productive when you cut out the fat.
    A lot of vague generalities with zero examples or evidence. I see you've got a big chip on your shoulder and a big ego, both of which will make things much harder when realty starts setting in and you're left with fake coins and a rooster in your hand, with the rest of us laughing at you from our rear view mirror.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11292

You're just wrong buddy. It's gone up more. And it's hard to imagine any company would put someone like you in charge of anything, to be honest. You're too lazy to google the most basic of concepts before spouting off.

According to a new report from the Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce (CEW), adults with a bachelor’s degree earn an average of $2.8 million during their careers, $1.2 million more than the median for workers with a high school diploma.
    Just like you, your report is outdated and comes from a college. Of course they are going to boast their numbers because they want people to still go to college.

That report doesn't account for people with technical certifications and within the technology field, those are more important than a degree. I have several people on my team that have nothing but a high school diploma but with several technical certifications and making over 120k a year. Way more than someone with a bachelor's degree and no certs.

Your thinking is antiquated and doesn't apply to today's world.
    Last edited by wombat; 05-08-22 at 12:46 PM.

raiders72001

A lot of vague generalities with zero examples or evidence. I see you've got a big chip on your shoulder and a big ego, both of which will make things much harder when realty starts setting in and you're left with fake coins and a rooster in your hand, with the rest of us laughing at you from our rear view mirror.
    Even though you have a college education, you're functionally illiterate.
    Points Awarded:

wombat gave raiders72001 19 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BeatTheJerk

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Just like you, your report is outdated and comes from a college. Of course they are going to boast their numbers because they want people to still go to college.

That report doesn't account for people with technical certifications and within the technology field, those are more important than a degree. I have several people on my team that have nothing but a high school diploma but with several technical certifications and making over 120k a year. Way more than someone with a bachelor's degree and no certs.

Your thinking is antiquated and doesn't apply to today's world.
    Study is from 2021, and yes most studies come from universities and colleges. You didn't read the study, you have no clue whats in it. So because you know someone with a high school diploma that makes 120k, you know no one with a bachelors can make that..

You're a goofball.

Greget
    NOT A M0DERATOR

Even though you have a college education, you're functionally illiterate.
    Next time, look up the meaning of a term prior to using it and embarrassing yourself.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Gregy with the smack down!

raiders72001

Synonyms & Near Synonyms for functionally illiterate -

brainless,
    dumb,
    idiotic
    (also idiotical),
    imbecile
    (or imbecilic),
    moronic,
    stupid,
    witless

https://www.merriam-webster.com/thes...y%20illiterate

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

coins dead

he is right

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

This is a fair argument. But it's not that banks couldn't reduce fees if they weren't so greedy. The technology to transfer money cheaply around the world exists, if it's bitcoin that help make banks more competitive, great. I wouldn't call this game changing to the vast majority of people, but ok, it's a good thing.
    No one has ever satisfactorily explained to me why I need bitcoin. How do I benefit? What can I do with bitcoin that I can't do other ways? How many people have a need to transfer money to the other side of the world (for legal transactions)? Not many. As far as I can tell, I have no need for it; I'm with Buffet on this until someone demonstrates otherwise.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    No one has ever satisfactorily explained to me why I need bitcoin. How do I benefit? What can I do with bitcoin that I can't do other ways? How many people have a need to transfer money to the other side of the world (for legal transactions)? Not many. As far as I can tell, I have no need for it; I'm with Buffet on this until someone demonstrates otherwise.
    I found out about bitcoin in 2011. It didn't matter what anyone told me, I thought it was useless. Then I bought bitcoin in 2013 and started to realize the benefits. No one is going to change your mind, as no one could change my mine, unless you start using bitcoin. After that point, you become open to the benefits.

First 1234 Last