ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24857

Laker, my review of 1987 Game 7 (MILW @ BOST)

Your comment was spot-on. Bucks played well, game was there for the taking.

First off, no disrespect to the Celtics. It's a miracle they made the Finals in 1987.

1987 is the year that McHale broke his foot in March. Doctor told him to rest up and get ready for start of next season. Against the advice of his doctor, Kevin played through the injury. In his defense, it may have been that team's last good chance to get to the Finals.

Walton found new life in 1986, was a good bench player that season. In 1987, the injuries re-surfaced. He could only play sparingly, he was close to the finish line.

Celtic bench was pretty thin. Celt starters had to play heavy minutes. Their bench rotation was Jerry Sichting, Sam Vincent, Darren Daye, Fred Roberts, and Greg Kite.

I loved Pressey. Pros/cons of using Pressey as Small Forward:
    *Pro: An extra ball-handler. Great in transition. That's where Bucks had an advantage.
    *Con: Pressey had guard size. Made the Buck front-line undersized. Parish/McHale killed them on Off Rebounds.

Earlier in the series, Ainge hacked Moncrief near the rim. Moncrief body-slammed Ainge on the baseline, LOL. Ironically, both Ainge/Moncrief got dinged up in 2h of Game 7, had to exit.

Bucks played a good Game 7. John Lucas had a good game, 10 in 1q, 20+ for game. Sikma played well, 34/34 on FT for the series.

Bucks led for almost the whole game. Up 7 after 1q. Bucks got a gift 3-ptr at end of 3q, when Moncrief released after horn but was counted as good. Up 8 with timeout at 7:04 left in 4q.

Pressey got the upper hand on Bird, but he fouled out at the 2:00 mark. Props to Bird, he came through late. Bucks didn't get the transition buckets, and game painfully slipped away.

Celtics' next two series would be dramatic. "Steal by Bird, underneath to DJ" in Game 5 vs the Pistons. And then Magic's baby-hook in Game 4 at the Garden.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I don't know anything about that series.... but I do like the original Lakers VS Celtics video game on Sega Genesis in 1991. lol

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Too soon

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I don't know anything about that series.... but I do like the original Lakers VS Celtics video game on Sega Genesis in 1991. lol
    Haha. I didn't play that game. Played a lot of the NHL Hockey on Sega Genesis, tho.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Nice review. That was an all time series. I just wanted Boston to lose but it's okay the Lakers dealt with them.

That bucks squad was resilient.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Nice review. That was an all time series. I just wanted Boston to lose but it's okay the Lakers dealt with them.

That bucks squad was resilient.
    Thanks Laker, I'll say this. Good Luck getting a call in the Garden in L6 minutes of Game 7. Pressey's 5th and 6th fouls were very dubious.

The foul calls were a double-whammy:
    1) If you foul Bird, you know he's going to make the Free Throws.
    2) Became a half-court game. No more transition baskets. Advantage Celtics.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 187

How old r u guys that u remember 87 finals

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25486

Respect your elders John
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave pablo222 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Chuckie that’s old news worry about this series and how you’re going to get money from a loan shark

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    How old r u guys that u remember 87 finals
    John, I was also born AFTER the Kennedy assassination. Ergo...never happened.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Chuckie that’s old news worry about this series and how you’re going to get money from a loan shark
    Goldy, I told you that I'm mostly out of the game. Just playing for fun now. Don't need to incur any more damage.

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

I was born after this so by Chuck's standards it never even happened.

lakerboy

This series was the beginning of my hatred for greatness.

I always rooted against Jordan as well.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47650

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    This series was the beginning of my hatred for greatness.

I always rooted against Jordan as well.
    I did too and most always root for the underdog and against those on top.

That said, as time passes, I've grown to really appreciate how great Jordan was.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I did too and most always root for the underdog and against those on top.

That said, as time passes, I've grown to really appreciate how great Jordan was.
    Yes agreed

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Nice trip down memory lane Chuck. The Bucks teams of the 80s were great, but unfortunately were always the second best team in the East. They would beat the 76ers then lost to Boston, then the next year would be the Celtics then lose to Philly. Just couldn't beat both of them in the same year.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    Nice trip down memory lane Chuck. The Bucks teams of the 80s were great, but unfortunately were always the second best team in the East. They would beat the 76ers then lost to Boston, then the next year would be the Celtics then lose to Philly. Just couldn't beat both of them in the same year.
    Thank you, Delt. Yes, Bucks won Division several years in a row. Had to go thru BOS/PHI, did their best but always came up short.

Here is the link to Game 7:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3q9sX3VQL4

Brent and Billy Cunningham are great on the call. Try to find ONE call that the Bucks get in the Last 6:00 of the game.