johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 234

Nugs 1h was the play

dubs roll 2h

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

We'll see ... Wonder if they'll let Klay play 2nd half. That 4th foul was absolutely dumb.

johnnyvegas13

Kinda goes w o saying but I think dubs win today

beterrr rest Memphis best shy gm 2

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Kinda goes w o saying but I think dubs win today

beterrr rest Memphis best shy gm 2
    Glove Jr to lock up Morant?

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Glove Jr to lock up Morant?
    No rant overrated

I think him or pool can guard him

u don’t wanna waste a lot of curry min

kerr will figure it out

ChuckyTheGoat

No rant overrated

I think him or pool can guard him

u don’t wanna waste a lot of curry min

kerr will figure it out
    Chance to prove it today. Morant is playing well.

I'd like to know how much he worked on his game in the off-season. He's an improved player, more efficient.

titanium777
    titanium777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3910

One of the worst ejections I've ever seen. You're gonna call a flagrant 2 over that to eject State's best defender? This is the playoffs.

cookieman23
    cookieman23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1032

Nothing can possibly curse a team more than this mush picking them to win the finals haha.

johnnyvegas13

They true so hard to gift grizz gm 1 to make series interesting

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by cookieman23 View Post
    Nothing can possibly curse a team more than this mush picking them to win the finals haha.
    Haha-ha. They did win Game 1, we'll see how rest of the series plays out.

johnnyvegas13

Haha-ha. They did win Game 1, we'll see how rest of the series plays out.
    I am sure dubs win this series

grizz chance to steal hm 1 and even then series chance was slim

ChuckyTheGoat

I am sure dubs win this series

grizz chance to steal hm 1 and even then series chance was slim
    Things happen. You just never know.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

On it
    Johnny I bought the Suns to win it all.

In the mud you go

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Quote Originally Posted by titanium777 View Post
    One of the worst ejections I've ever seen. You're gonna call a flagrant 2 over that to eject State's best defender? This is the playoffs.
    Can't punch someone in the face and hope to remain in the game. Green is a dirty player with a long history of kicking guys in the nuts or hitting them in the face -he knocked Morant on his back earlier in the game too. Seen this racket from the Warriors too many times... Green does something dirty, coach comes to midcourt and gives the refs an earful and more often than not the Warriors get a super-friendly whistle thereafter.

Green was having a horrible game anyway. 5 turnovers and not impactful on defense.

IBetYou

I had the Grizz ATS so lucky to avoid this SCAM.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1006

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    If the Grizz had any brains they would bash the Dubs inside ESPECIALLY without Green. In the 2nd half they had Otto Porter guarding Jackson, that's 3 inches and 50 pounds-but Jackson was busy shooting 3s.

I had the Dubs 2h-not putting any of my small picks here until I get my own picks in order. At the end of the half I said-both Curry and Klay haven't done much at all and the Grizzlies are IDIOTS including their coach

Unless they make changes, which I don't expect them to do given what the coach said ("I'll look at the film"), this could be a sweep imo. When they ask a real coach-not a Nash or Jenkins but a Kerr or a Pop-you look the postgame interviews of the coaches you see drastic differences in demeanor, Kerr being clear and specific and Jenkins just wants to talk about the film (this is to 1. protect himself and 2. because he has no clue)

Lotta talented teams lose because their coaches suck, and imo this is gonna be another one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChuckyTheGoat

ChuckyTheGoat

Yes, ATS cover was fortunate.

budwiser

Think about it. If the coach, and the players, for a team continually talk about playing better the next game by looking at the film, then they really have no idea what just happened, and they are getting set up to get swept.

That's my take. "Look at the film".

He also kisses the players a sses talking about how wonderful they were. Mancrush or players coach, you decide. Even Steve Nash is more critical of his players.

budwiser

Yes, ATS cover was fortunate.
    Klay Thompson didn't shoot a free throw all game, missed 2 big ones, then hit a 3 to put the Dubs up 1 and made the defensive play to win the game. We know about him coming back from devastating injuries. It takes incredible competitiveness to do that on the road and after missing 2 free throws.
    That's why I watch. The Warriors are always fun to watch, they are an open court team not hiding any emotions from anybody.

IBetYou

Jackson is not an interior player. You're saying they should ask a guy to do something he's not comfortable doing and tell Morant to kick rocks. That's what Mark Jackson was saying also. He always says exploit the mis-match while missing the bigger picture -it's why he is talking about his ideas on the sideline and coach Kerr has his job!

As for the Nets, your idea was to play Griffin at the 4. How does that help them? Doesn't help them rebound -hasn't been a good rebounder since his soph' season... they would have been worse offensively and defensively with him in place of Brown (i.e up front with Drummond or Claxton). No spacing and no perimeter defense.

IBetYou

I see the video. Not a gregarious type is he? Some coaches love all that and some don't. Lotta stupid questions like how do you stop them getting open shots? What kind of answer are they expecting there? Kind of thing those sideline reporters ask. He answered those questions with contempt, like Pop famously did with Doris Burke.

IBetYou

2 years of asking questions like that and Doris become an expert analyst. BOOM!

budwiser

Jackson is not an interior player. You're saying they should ask a guy to do something he's not comfortable doing and tell Morant to kick rocks. That's what Mark Jackson was saying also. He always says exploit the mis-match while missing the bigger picture -it's why he is talking about his ideas on the sideline and coach Kerr has his job!
    As for the Nets, your idea was to play Griffin at the 4. How does that help them? Doesn't help them rebound -hasn't been a good rebounder since his soph' season... they would have been worse offensively and defensively with him in place of Brown (i.e up front with Drummond or Claxton). No spacing and no perimeter defense.
    Well, Mark Jackson built the Warriors. His teams improved every year. In 3 years they went from 23-43 to 51-31. In his final year, he had Curry in his 4th year, Klay in his 2nd, Draymond in his 1st. Granted Kerr has done a great job, that doesn't detract from the foundation he built there-and he never got another shot at being coach.

As for Jackson-absolutely I'm asking him to do something he's "not comfortable" with. Because the Dubs are not comfortable defending the interior against a team that physically outmuscles almost every team in the NBA-they were the best offensive rebounding team in the league for a reason. He has 50 pounds and 3 inches on Otto Porter, and he shoots 3s against the Dubs-they'll take that every time. You have to play the team's weaknesses. It's a chess match. Belichik is well-known for taking out the team's strength and forcing the opposing team to beat the Pats with something else.

There was a guy at the game, came by and said you're not going to beat the Warriors in a shooting match. So it wasn't just me thinking about it.

Griffin was playing great imo-tall enough to defend the 3, able to get rebounds inside, and he deserved to play power forward with a center. But Steve Nash wanted to play 4 guards. I'm not sure what more evidence is needed than a team like the Nets being swept in 4 to the Celtics team that we saw today-which was nothing special, to say the least.

budwiser

I see the video. Not a gregarious type is he? Some coaches love all that and some don't. Lotta stupid questions like how do you stop them getting open shots? What kind of answer are they expecting there? Kind of thing those sideline reporters ask. He answered those questions with contempt, like Pop famously did with Doris Burke.
    Yeah Pop is entertaining. So is Belichik. These guys are surly. It's almost comical.

I don't know the Grizz well. But I'm good at determining character, and this guy Jenkins is clearly an idiot. A smart guy will always be entertaining. This guy could put the world to sleep if he wanted. Maybe he actually shows emotions-with that stupid beard and that fat frame he just reminds me of a stupid millenial, to be totally honest. Mike Breen from ABC announced what an underrated great coach he was, during the game-I suppose with talent and a good regular season record you're a great coach no matter what you do.

IBetYou

Mark Jackson did not build the Warriors. They drafted Curry & Thompson along with Barnes & Green. That was their foundation.

Back to the Nets, what is this 4-guard lineup? You're calling Durant a guard?

budwiser

2 years of asking questions like that and Doris become an expert analyst. BOOM!
    Gotta check that hair, make sure that blonde isn't radioactive

I remember one time seeing Ric Flair in an airport. It was like his hair was glowing. Tan guy with this hair that you could see 50 yards away-look at me.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    Yeah Pop is entertaining. So is Belichik. These guys are surly. It's almost comical.

I don't know the Grizz well. But I'm good at determining character, and this guy Jenkins is clearly an idiot. A smart guy will always be entertaining. This guy could put the world to sleep if he wanted. Maybe he actually shows emotions-with that stupid beard and that fat frame he just reminds me of a stupid millenial, to be totally honest. Mike Breen from ABC announced what an underrated great coach he was, during the game-I suppose with talent and a good regular season record you're a great coach no matter what you do.
    So you're saying the guys at NASA will be great fun at a dinner party?

budwiser

Mark Jackson did not build the Warriors. They drafted Curry & Thompson along with Barnes & Green. That was their foundation.
    Back to the Nets, what is this 4-guard lineup? You're calling Durant a guard?
    This is cake.

Drummond is the starter at center. Claxton comes in off the bench.

At the power forward spot you got Aldridge and Blake. With Blake's knee, see how long he can go. Yeah I know Aldridge is washed-but so was Blake.

At the small forward spot, you got Kevin Durant spelled by Bruce Brown.

At the shooting guard position, Curry and Mills.

Point guard, Kyrie and Dragic.

This is a balanced team, where everyone knows their roles. And to me, it's plain obvious. You can't just have shooters-you need screeners, you need rebounders, guys who get loose balls.

If Aldridge or Blake can't play, you can put Claxton and Drummond in at the same time.

Despite 3,248 different lineups, never ONCE was this tried. Basketball is an American sport, and they promoted a Canadian who never coached a junior high team let alone an NBA team, as far as I know. Experience matters.

IBetYou

Draymond Green was a bench guy in Mark Jackson's tenure. That's how early in their development they had him. They out-grew him. I remember he had a lot of crazy ideas like not hiding Curry on the defensive end - defending the other team's pg regardless of the difficulty level - and basic philosophies like if it aint broke don't fix it, with no variation/ thought. Not to mention telling his players we can go to church or you can go to practice

I'd like to see him get the Kings job. He does have his merits, just not a guy you want on a team with promise.

budwiser

So you're saying the guys at NASA will be great fun at a dinner party?
    lol yeah man. Revenge of the Nerds.

Serious answer? There are idiots at NASA too. In the technical world, there are idiots just like there are idiots in the NBA. The o-rings that blew up the Space Shuttle? The managers had to get the school teacher on her flight or else (can't be delayed).

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    This is cake.

Drummond is the starter at center. Claxton comes in off the bench.

At the power forward spot you got Aldridge and Blake. With Blake's knee, see how long he can go. Yeah I know Aldridge is washed-but so was Blake.

At the small forward spot, you got Kevin Durant spelled by Bruce Brown.

At the shooting guard position, Curry and Mills.

Point guard, Kyrie and Dragic.

This is a balanced team, where everyone knows their roles. And to me, it's plain obvious. You can't just have shooters-you need screeners, you need rebounders, guys who get loose balls.

If Aldridge or Blake can't play, you can put Claxton and Drummond in at the same time.

Despite 3,248 different lineups, never ONCE was this tried. Basketball is an American sport, and they promoted a Canadian who never coached a junior high team let alone an NBA team, as far as I know. Experience matters.
    There's not a coach in the league that would play Griffin or Aldridge at the 4, and no coach would play Claxton up front with Drummond. Bad lineups. Hideous.

budwiser

Draymond Green was a bench guy in Mark Jackson's tenure. That's how early in their development they had him. They out-grew him. I remember he had a lot of crazy ideas like not hiding Curry on the defensive end - defending the other team's pg regardless of the difficulty level - and basic philosophies like if it aint broke don't fix it, with no variation/ thought. Not to mention telling his players we can go to church or you can go to practice
    I'd like to see him get the Kings job. He does have his merits, just not a guy you want on a team with promise.
    I hear ya. I had die-hard conversations with a guy who had season tix to the Dubs, said Curry from his first year to year 3 there is a drastic difference in play.

Yeah good catch he's a finalist for the Kings job. I hope he gets it, he deserves another shot maybe like you said not on a contender

budwiser

There's not a coach in the league that would play Griffin or Aldridge at the 4, and no coach would play Claxton up front with Drummond. Bad lineups. Hideous.
    Don't think of it as he has to be a "4", this is guys put together on the floor. The game is so fast these days, the idea of planning out strategy is almost shot.

There's nothing to prevent Griffin from playing the 4. I don't know why you'd think he can't play with a center. You can't play the game with 1 center. You go with what you have.

You even said it yourself-you're not out there to prevent the Celtics from taking 3s. You play the team in front of you.

IBetYou

Spacing is the main thing. Vertical spacing (Claxton/ Drummond etc) or perimeter spacing. Griffin is neither. If he were at the 4 he's either be clogging the paint or he'd be trying to space the floor -Celtics would have been giving him 3PA in abundance.

budwiser

Obviously the series is over but let's take a look at the last game for the Nets:
    -Drummond starts and plays 4 minutes. STARTS AND PLAYS 4 MINUTES DID YOU HEAR ME
    -Edwards and Aldridge get no time. That is 3 guys (including Dummond) that are being slammed by the head coach (unless you got other ideas about that)
    -Durant plays 47 minutes. HE GETS ONE MINUTE OF REST ALL GAME
    -Irving plays 45 minutes. 3 MINUTES OF REST ALL GAME
    -Griffin doesn't come in until the 3q, Nets are +10 while he's on the floor. He gets TAKEN OUT in the last minute Nets down 1 for BRUCE BROWN who then gets taken to the hole easily by Jaylen Brown, an easy 3-foot cherry to ice the game. Then unbelievably when the game is just about over GRIFFIN IS SUBBED BACK IN
    -The FINAL lineup was Irving, Durant, Curry, Dragic, and Blake. THAT IS 4 GUARDS AND A MAYBE CENTER. Durant is built like a pencil-this is not a physical guy.

If you want to talk about hideous, how hideous is THAT. I'm not sure what more evidence is needed than 4-0 sweep and seeing how easily the Bux handled the Celtics today-the Celtics weren't in the same time zone as the basketball game.

First 123456 ... Last