Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24921

North Carolina Tarheels Will End Cinderella by Double Digits. Bye Bye Petey!

It was fun while it lasted, and they accomplished a lot, make no mistake... The first ever 15 seed to advance to the Elite Eight. They are a scrappy bunch and I'm sure they'll leave it all on the floor again tomorrow, but the time has come for the credits to roll and the curtains to close.

It's not like this is UNC's best outfit ever, or even close to it, but they are gelling at the right time, and can get points from multiple positions on the floor. Last night it was Caleb Love, against Baylor it was RJ Davis... Manek is always a bucket. Leaky Black provides tenacious defense and Bacot is a demon on the glass.

Purdue looked ill-prepared yesterday, turned the ball over a ton, and still had a chance at the end. Edey might as well have been wearing a Peacocks jersey. UNC is balling with more confidence and the last two games proved their mettle when the chips are down. Not that Saint Peter's hasn't proven theirs, but I feel like they've hit their ceiling, broke through it in fact, hit the stratosphere for a spell, and what goes up must come down.

There's value in the line now that the Peacocks have been strutting their stuff. Have-a-look-see:

Kentucky -18.5

Murray St. -8

Purdue -12.5

Those were the lines in the first three games at the dance for Petey... we're basically paying the price of a Murray State while getting the caliber of UNC. That's a discount I'm willing to add to my shopping cart.

Go Heels! -8.5

Last edited by Eddy Munny; 03-26-22 at 03:35 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevenash

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Unc is going to hang 80 pts on them

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 234

Wrong eddy they win one more

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Unc is going to hang 80 pts on them
    cant st petes plays a slow game

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I almost pulled the trigger on N carolina to win it all at +10,000 so out of principle I am rooting for them to go down lol

ridgeway
    ridgeway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6205

N. Carolina ends it for St. Pete's.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6882

careful

they are smart enough and can make enough shots to hang with UNC if just 1 guy has an off night and is missing all of his 3's for UNC

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Probably right, but I had to throw in a gimme ML to complete all these 3 team parlays on my apps so I picked NC at home over Pitt.

Hit my 2nd leg and the score flashed Pitt 40-21 or something. I couldn't f believe it? Pitt was horrible. NC is rolling now though. Hitting 3s they didn't hit all season

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

We are due for a real Cinderella to crack the Final Four --just feels like it...

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Michelle Obama is definitely a beast on the glass.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Tar Heels are going to beat them so bad they will never want to go to the tournament again. This is going to be embarrassing to be on TV for their fans. Lord have Mercy on them.
    Points Awarded:

beerman2619 gave pavyracer 20 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: beerman2619

johnnyvegas13

After everything they been thru not worried about the nine seed ...

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    We are due for a real Cinderella to crack the Final Four --just feels like it...
    This

i still remember Vcu and what was before that George mason ?

Doublethink
    Doublethink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1446

it seems like I've heard this b4

St. Pete's right now is playing like a team with nothing to lose. 8.5 pts my gambling Uncle Joe and his famous line "don't bet with the obvious." Again, I apologize, but I can not turn my back on St. Pete's.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Simple, UNC will destroy them on the glass. All that needs to be said. Two Cinderella in this match-up. Guards playing top notch UNC will destroy this team. UNC should feed Bacot everytime, Let him go to work against the under sized line. Get them in foul trouble. Bacot should eat.

unde0087
    Did we win?

They need to feed Bacot. These guys will double and open up the guard attack.

topgame85
    topgame85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3082

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    This

i still remember Vcu and what was before that George mason ?
    Yes. I was a student at Mason during that run and my sister was at VCU during theirs. Pretty crazy. I hope Peters wins, they are very good. I fear there is no way the powers that be don't ensure Duke-UNC though. Any other year or teams I'd be all aboard for Peters. This time it is just a bad draw.

dxp
    dxp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

st. peter's run is more amazing than usual because they really aren't THAT good, unlike certain teams we've seen in the past. north carolina is not a team they can overtake. purdue, for as great as a year they had, certainly were. they are purdue i'd expect 1 of 2 things to happen..

1. NC jumps on them right from the start and leads by 15-25 the whole game.

2. the game is somewhat close in the 1st half, but NC immediately starts blowing it out in the 2nd half.

either way, i'd expect a win of atleast 12+ points from carolina.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26295

North Carolina vs Duke will be quite intense.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16685

The only concern is NC Looking ahead to Duke.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Route

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    careful

they are smart enough and can make enough shots to hang with UNC if just 1 guy has an off night and is missing all of his 3's for UNC
    do you even watch basketball? You seem to be at Brock landers territory here. You are stupid as fuk pal. You say you are a UNC fan but don't even know shit about the team, let alone any other team. Just do us all a favor and shut the fuk up.
    Last edited by unde0087; 03-27-22 at 03:35 AM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

If I was the coach I would play a single game with Love in a pick and roll with Bacot, then let Love decide to either drive or dish to Bacot to finish at the rim against the midgets. Give it to Love and let him attack the rim and everyone will be open for wide open triples. No one can guard Love if decides to attack the rim. He is the size of their center. I would put him in a solitary situation every time. Then let him set up Bacot to the rim or kick to the triples. That team has to protect the rim, they will all be at the rim. That is their only chance to keep it close. UNC owns the rim against everyone, let alone a bunch of midgets.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Rooting for your Munny.... I have no money on this game.... but I feel N.C. coasts during this game.... they win but don't cover.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 436

If you started with $20 on St Peters moneyline vs Kentucky you would have almost 9k rolling it every round.

johnnyvegas13

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    If you started with $20 on St Peters moneyline vs Kentucky you would have almost 9k rolling it every round.
    Ya I am sure nobody did this

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Simple, UNC will destroy them on the glass. All that needs to be said. Two Cinderella in this match-up. Guards playing top notch UNC will destroy this team. UNC should feed Bacot everytime, Let him go to work against the under sized line. Get them in foul trouble. Bacot should eat.
    Hi Unde,

good to see you again...I know you a homer and love your heels, but slow your roll my brother...all those facts you mentioned was the very same thing they said about Kentucky and Purdue...that those schools had way too many bigs and size for the peacocks to handle...but the bottom line, is how well you play as a TEAM...and that is exactly what St.Peter's been doing this whole tournament...playing unselfish basketball...passing it around, looking for the open man, scrappy, hustling, etc. and more importantly doubling down low on defense to force the kick out...all it takes is a bad shooting night from the perimeter (you can say this about most teams) like they did against VA TECH in the ACC tournament a few weeks ago and they could easily lose this game.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2062

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Wrong eddy they win one more

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2750

good call, Edward......and congrats to all UNC backers.......they came out ready to play and didn't underestimate ST. Peters like Kentucky and Purdue did...Anyhow, you win some, you lose some...no excuses here...
    Points Awarded:

Eddy Munny gave Da Manster! 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

The line here was a gift, just like the Duke-Texas Tech line. I don't get how Purdue was -13 and UNC, clearly superior in all phases, was -8.5. I thought this line would be 15.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    The line here was a gift, just like the Duke-Texas Tech line. I don't get how Purdue was -13 and UNC, clearly superior in all phases, was -8.5. I thought this line would be 15.
    I think the Duke/Tech line was pretty accurate, far from a gift. That game was a total toss up late.

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Great pick, Mummy, but get some sun will ya?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Eddy Munny nailed this one. When I saw johnnyvegas on Petey I giggled because I knew it wasn't going to lose. And then johnnyvegas got cocky and started trash talking. No he is hiding in his closet not answering calls from his bookie as he is broke again.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Great pick, Mummy, but get some sun will ya?
    Oh I do... I don't even follow college hoops until the conference tourneys, far too time consuming, and I hardly ever bet baseball or hockey, so plenty of time left for the outdoors.

12 Last