Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

This is why your sappost to use hardware wallets for most part of your coins, no hacker can crack it while using it. The only reason you should be using blockchain online wallets or online wallets in general is if you send stuff 10 times a day and need to be on the move. Sucks your going through this and i hope it wasn't a big amount. If your dealing with 10k or more you need a hardware wallet for sure, costs less than $100 for most of them.
    This is also not a new thing to happen. It can happen to any online wallet, not just blockchain. I have read so many stories similar to yours over the years. Putting 2factor on it helps alot but is in nowhere full proof.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

And, PO, I also had a Verison phone when my coins disappeared. Hmm?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Coinbase is by far the worst company to deal with in regards to Crypto. They have you by the balls.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Coinbase is by far the worst company to deal with in regards to Crypto. They have you by the balls.
    And I naively I marched right in with them, too.
    The last I heard from was a text or email, stating, "you cannot withdraw after your funds have already been withdrawn?" About 9 months ago.
    Something very similar? And trying to log in to them is impossible right now?
    Crazy.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    This is why your sappost to use hardware wallets for most part of your coins, no hacker can crack it while using it. The only reason you should be using blockchain online wallets or online wallets in general is if you send stuff 10 times a day and need to be on the move. Sucks your going through this and i hope it wasn't a big amount. If your dealing with 10k or more you need a hardware wallet for sure, costs less than $100 for most of them.
    This is also not a new thing to happen. It can happen to any online wallet, not just blockchain. I have read so many stories similar to yours over the years. Putting 2factor on it helps alot but is in nowhere full proof.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

guys use blockchain wallets because that is their bank account. all they have in life. then they get "nervous" and move it FDIC asap!
    so stupid, and asking for so much stress/trouble in return.
    but that is what makes the world interesting. if everyone was the same? would be boring

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    This is true but…..the only reason I was targeted was because of my hardware wallet. Ledger had a massive customer database leak which lead them directly to my front door. Name, email, phone number and physical address. I still get targeted daily. I can say they did not get in to any of my ledger wallets but not because they didn’t try. They searched my emails for seed, seed phrase and a few more, then they went in to my Dropbox looking for photos of my seed phrase. So if you have a hard wallet you better make sure that seed phrase is only on paper and nowhere online. As for 2FA, sms is not secure, Authy is not secure , Google authenticate seems to be the best that I’ve found aside from a security token.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    And, PO, I also had a Verison phone when my coins disappeared. Hmm?
    Was your phone sim swapped? Your phone doesn’t work if that happens and Verizon isn’t so happy to switch it back. Verizon was my weak point along with sms 2FA. Like I said, I dont know your situation, but my guess would be that someone gained acccess to your email and targeted your blockchain.com account. Then they just deleted the emails. I would move those leftover coins to another wallet asap.

ABEHONEST

Not that simple but close enough. Yes, if I am lucky enough to be able to log in to BC again , I will do something with those coins.
    They are definitely a flawed company and they must have gotten by with murder in the past?

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Set up a account today with the guidance of landers… set up was smooth. Did a trial run from my bookmaker account litecoin withdrawal… bookmaker had me funded with my small trail payout it was in my blockchain within 20 minutes lol I sold it instantly probably lost about 40 cents or so had my bank account already linked which took about 10 minutes earlier it was sold sent to my US dollar wallet and is now headed for a deposit straight into my savings will update in time… to be honest extremely smooth and easy to deal with took me a minute to figure out the app where to find things but if you got a kindergartner knowledge of Bitcoin or any coins and how to move them it was easy as pie… fuk going to the book stand in a line with a bunch of squares betting 40 10 dollar parlays nah I’ll pass

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Set up a account today with the guidance of landers… set up was smooth. Did a trial run from my bookmaker account litecoin withdrawal… bookmaker had me funded with my small trail payout it was in my blockchain within 20 minutes lol I sold it instantly probably lost about 40 cents or so had my bank account already linked which took about 10 minutes earlier it was sold sent to my US dollar wallet and is now headed for a deposit straight into my savings will update in time… to be honest extremely smooth and easy to deal with took me a minute to figure out the app where to find things but if you got a kindergartner knowledge of Bitcoin or any coins and how to move them it was easy as pie… fuk going to the book stand in a line with a bunch of squares betting 40 10 dollar parlays nah I’ll pass
    I've got limits if 200k a day that I can withdraw to bank. It's as solid as can be.

Good stuff on getting that setup

newton0038
    Update your status
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1935

FBI will now say your btc went to Russia. Ur on a list now for financing Putin's invasion of Ukraine. War crimes

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Landers knows coins

pilebuck13

Landers for President

ABEHONEST

I see, and I am not doubting what these more knowledgeable members say about their experiences with bitcoins. But we have two sides of a coin here, and the ugly side needs to be understood and acknowledged as well.
    It's a fact, so don't go believing it could never happen to you because we have two victims right here on SBR.

And for whatever the reason was, maybe it was simply allowing our guards to be let down, this led to some exposure?
    But for this to happen, where was BC when we first deposited our money? No major warning about possible thievery?

We know, percentage-wise, if it happened before, as we are exposing the evidence right here, it had to have happened before we ever heard the name: BLOCKCHAIN.

pilebuck13

Abe get with the times brother

ABEHONEST

Abe get with the times brother
    Again, I covered you above and you are still making this buying of bitcoins seem safe and sound.
    And I am still not seeing where you admit the fact, it also can lead to deadly losses of your bitcoins?
    History has proven that without a doubt. But your more modern method is 100% safe you claim?
    I'll wait and see if any of what I saw above is soaking into your head?

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

They have put me through the worst imaginable experience for over a year.
    My coins are missing [90% of them], yet, here I am again having to deal with BC robots, time and time again.
    I cannot believe this supposed major Bitcoin exchange is still legally operating?
    I even called the FBI the day my coins went missing, but here I am again today, where I can't even get verified while trying to log in.
    Get this: I did get logged in yesterday and saw this shocker; my birthday was
    even WRONG. And I couldn't even change it to the correct date.

And yes, I saw what bitcoins I had left. So, this is further proof of what an incompetent place of business BlockChain truly is.

*Have any members signed with BC and if so, what was your experience?
    **PM me if you prefer?
    I don't even have ONE bitcoin....if I had One BTC I would talk to a professional ....I have just less than 1/4 .....

pilebuck13

Again, I covered you above and you are still making this buying of bitcoins seem safe and sound.
    And I am still not seeing where you admit the fact, it also can lead to deadly losses of your bitcoins?
    History has proven that without a doubt. But your more modern method is 100% safe you claim?
    I'll wait and see if any of what I saw above is soaking into your head?
    Never stored bitcoins been moving them since they were hundreds of dollars I’m not a Bitcoin investor bro I was speaking of getting my money offshore

ABEHONEST

Okay, something different is what you do and it's quite confusing to me, so I will have to rest my case.
    One last thing though, you say what you do is risk-free?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15294

Abe - I don't doubt anything that you say but you should post the transactions so that we can see what happened. Normally when someone hacks your account they will take the whole balance in one swoop. If 3 transactions where made and a little left, then it smells inside job.

If you have your money on exchanges always use 2FA whether it's email, text or google authenticator. As others pointed out above, if you are just going to hold your cryptos, put it in a hardware wallet.

pilebuck13

Money was in account around noon pacific overall from bookmaker lightcoin to blockchain to account less then 24 hours cash in hand.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Abe - I don't doubt anything that you say but you should post the transactions so that we can see what happened. Normally when someone hacks your account they will take the whole balance in one swoop. If 3 transactions where made and a little left, then it smells inside job.

If you have your money on exchanges always use 2FA whether it's email, text or google authenticator. As others pointed out above, if you are just going to hold your cryptos, put it in a hardware wallet.
    Thanks for your effort. It was taken in 3 straight withdrawals. I took photos of each one, but it was on a different phone [Virison] and they only go back so far in keeping photos. Late March I believe and this was mid Feburary.
    So again--this wears my brain to the bone and the very worst is the childish effort from BC. Pitiful or none.
    I will again try to reach Verizon. I am with a different phone company now.
    I am pitiful at doing multiple tasks at the same time so when these college games are over I will let you know if something gives.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Abe maybe it was a scorned ex-lover.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    Abe maybe it was a scorned ex-lover.
    Kid, you ran out of time with your following and being a nuisance. Godbye.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Money was in account around noon pacific overall from bookmaker lightcoin to blockchain to account less then 24 hours cash in hand.
    Excellent

And no additional fees, and smooth as silk

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Excellent

And no additional fees, and smooth as silk

Yes, and this crazy bitcoin exchange is still sending me emails as if I have had gotten, and hoping to entice me to get back with them?
    Well, I am sure their robots are as much concerned as they were when my coins disappeared in the very first 5 minutes?

My money says they have no clue about my loss? Their robots have no conscious and that keeps many complaints from being heard. I's a shoddy business when this happens to their clients and make no effort to help or apologize.
    It's 's been a full year now. There is your safe and private bitcoin service.

Sure, buy a better version of Blockchain so you can be more secure. You better!

ABEHONEST

More evidence of some of the poisonous pudding offered to several independent clients of Blockchain.
    ________________________________________ _________________________
    Blockchain.info issues refunds to bitcoin theft victims
    Blockchain.info is offering refunds to users who had bitcoins stolen as a result of a recent flaw.

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:16 p.m. CDT
    Updated Sep 10, 2021 at 6:29 a.m. CDT

Another bug has been discovered in a bitcoin wallet, leading to the theft of around 50 bitcoins. This time, Blockchain.info's web wallet was at fault, and the company is now offering refunds to users who lost bitcoins due to the flaw.
    The popular Blockchain website primarily offers market data and serves as the main block chain explorer for the bitcoin currency. However, users can also create web-based wallets to send and receive bitcoins. The bug lies in the random number generator that the web wallet uses to sign bitcoin transactions. The random numbers are generated in web browsers using the JavaScript programming language. It was discovered on Monday, when a bitcoin user reported that he had 1.8 BTC (around $223) stolen.
    "Funds from other addresses in this wallet were not affected. This leads me on thoughts that Blockchain.info or Firefox may have some weakness in random number generator like the vulnerability was recently found in the Android, [sic]" he said.

For those looking to recover lost funds, Reeves told us: "If someone thinks they have had funds stolen, if it is due to this bug it is very likely the coins will have been sent to the above address. If in doubt they can contact help@blockchain.info and I will investigate further. Only a couple of BTC have been refunded so far."
    Reeves hinted at a glimmer of hope for lost funds: "It depends on [the attacker's] intentions, but there is still a possibility they might return the funds." But the prevailing message is: don't bank on it.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

My binance account got hacked and everything stolen. Had 2 factor authentication and everything. Won't ever buy crypto or anything to deal with it again. Hope it sinks.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    My binance account got hacked and everything stolen. Had 2 factor authentication and everything. Won't ever buy crypto or anything to deal with it again. Hope it sinks.
    Thank you! We need more innocent victims to speak up, just like you did.
    Some on here pretend it's a safe cyber world out there? We know different.
    Maybe those pretenders believe they are safe and they very well maybe, but enticing others to go bitcoins may not be safe for them?
    Just do not believe everything you hear about how easy it is to go with bitcoins, as they are often portrayed on SBR.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Private wallets do everything

Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7744

Thank you! We need more innocent victims to speak up, just like you did.
    Some on here pretend it's a safe cyber world out there? We know different.
    Maybe those pretenders believe they are safe and they very well maybe, but enticing others to go bitcoins may not be safe for them?
    Just do not believe everything you hear about how easy it is to go with bitcoins, as they are often portrayed on SBR.
    It sucks yet again that guys story but its the same story as yours just different. Only use online services with money your willing to lose, online services are everything online and also exchanges. But some people need to use them for whatever reasons they have. You have to keep most of your coins stored offline to prevent these stories from happening. I don't get how u get to say "pretenders" when they know how to protect themselves properly? Yes it really is that easy to use bitcoins but you have to know how to protect what your doing. But if your going to still use online services then looked surprised still after something happened, thats really on you. Truth be told I feel safer with coins offline that in my bank account, I stopped using online services because of the risk of things like this happening.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13164

Sorry to hear that Abraham

nick1976
    nick1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 441

So where did the coins go? when you click transactions did they get sent to another wallet?

First 12