Classic Calipari

Guy is just awful.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

He got peacock ed
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave gauchojake 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 660

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    He got peacock ed

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

i think i saw kentucky players knees shaking in OT shooting free throws

who does St Peter's play next... ill be on them

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

The cameraman going to the crying kid was sad and hilarious at the same time

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How is he not fired?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Coach Cal couldn't coach his way out of a wet papersack.

newton0038
    newton0038's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3291

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    How is he not fired?
    Cal has a lifetime contract with University of Kentucky. The fuk needs to recruit 3pt shooters....or shooters from any range for that matter.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

Imagine the reaction if Tubby Smith had lost to a 15 seed a year after no making the tournament.
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave gummo 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Just a sick loss. Kentucky blows their 6 point lead with 3 minutes left, thanks to their PG turning the ball over on consecutive plays= 4 quick, free points for a dog team
    then in overtime, cats miss 5 free throws

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    Just a sick loss. Kentucky blows their 6 point lead with 3 minutes left, thanks to their PG turning the ball over on consecutive plays= 4 quick, free points for a dog team
    then in overtime, cats miss 5 free throws
    The reason this thread is here. The guy is one of the greatest recruiters but couldn't coach anything. The reason he has 1 title.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15952

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    Cal has a lifetime contract with University of Kentucky. The fuk needs to recruit 3pt shooters....or shooters from any range for that matter.
    Grady went into a slump the last month of the season that he never recovered from. His confidence is completely shot for a guy who shot 46% from 3 on the year and was a 2000 point scorer at Davidson. That was really frustrating as a Cat fan because they had shooters this year and the last month of the season that all disappeared as they went ice cold. All that said though there is no excusing this loss as Kentucky should have overwhelmed St. Peters from the tip. This game will haunt Cat fans for a while because this was Calipari's best roster since 2017 and arguably could've won it all.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    Imagine the reaction if Tubby Smith had lost to a 15 seed a year after no making the tournament.
    Tubby got run out of town for less but UK never made a Final Four with any guy that Tubby recruited. Cal has made 4 Final Fours and won a championship so that's how he still has a job but most of the fanbase wants him out now I think. As a Cat fan I'd be shocked if they fire him because he's done so much for UK after Gillespie almost killed our program but a change might be welcome because UK isn't the type of job where you last long if you can't win the whole thing.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    Tubby got run out of town for less but UK never made a Final Four with any guy that Tubby recruited. Cal has made 4 Final Fours and won a championship so that's how he still has a job but most of the fanbase wants him out now I think. As a Cat fan I'd be shocked if they fire him because he's done so much for UK after Gillespie almost killed our program but a change might be welcome because UK isn't the type of job where you last long if you can't win the whole thing.
    This is what I am talking about. Somehow because of his recruiting he got UK fans satisfied with final fours and conference championships. Guy is a genius. You put any other top coach in with the recruits he has brought in, in the early 2000s alone, KU would have won at least 3 titles if not 4 or 5. This guy should have won at least one at Memphis. It took a year where he had damn near his whole team go NBA with the top 2 picks in the draft to win one because he is such a dumbass.

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

I still remember the 2015 roster he didn’t win it all with. Man what a team.

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    This is what I am talking about. Somehow because of his recruiting he got UK fans satisfied with final fours and conference championships. Guy is a genius. You put any other top coach in with the recruits he has brought in, in the early 2000s alone, KU would have won at least 3 titles if not 4 or 5. This guy should have won at least one at Memphis. It took a year where he had damn near his whole team go NBA with the top 2 picks in the draft to win one because he is such a dumbass.
    KU has had just as much elite talent as Kentucky and only has 1 title to show for it under Self. I know you hate Cal but there's literally only 3 other coaches during his tenure that have more than 1 title. Now I think that it's probably fair to say he might never win another one since he blew it with this current team which was his best roster in a long time but I also think he'll be difficult to replace with someone who can actually win multiple titles.

unde0087
    Did we win?

KU has had just as much elite talent as Kentucky and only has 1 title to show for it under Self. I know you hate Cal but there's literally only 3 other coaches during his tenure that have more than 1 title. Now I think that it's probably fair to say he might never win another one since he blew it with this current team which was his best roster in a long time but I also think he'll be difficult to replace with someone who can actually win multiple titles.
    I don't hate him. I just think he is a terrible coach. Like I said, his success is whatever he is doing on the recruiting trail. After that he just hopes they become stars. I mean I have never seen a team so lost out of timeouts over and over and over again. I guess recruit smarter players one can say but at some point you have to point the finger at the guy in charge. I can't remember the last time Kentucky came out of a timeout and did something amazing down the stretch. Tubby got canned for not winning more titles and he has the same amount as Calipari after how many years now?

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I don't hate him. I just think he is a terrible coach. Like I said, his success is whatever he is doing on the recruiting trail. After that he just hopes they become stars. I mean I have never seen a team so lost out of timeouts over and over and over again. I guess recruit smarter players one can say but at some point you have to point the finger at the guy in charge. I can't remember the last time Kentucky came out of a timeout and did something amazing down the stretch. Tubby got canned for not winning more titles and he has the same amount as Calipari after how many years now?
    Cal has been at Kentucky longer but hasn't been to the Final Four since 2015. Kentucky's offense has been a problem during that time and I think some of it is that Cal won't change anything. His unwillingness to change and adapt is a problem but I don't think he'll get fired. If anything he'll eventually step down but until then it might be more of the same at Kentucky because Cal is stubborn.

mackave
    mackave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8405

crazy, kentucky started off as a write off and played great reg season . hate to see it

jjgold

He is great at seeing NBA talent that is it

He could leave for the pros after this loss

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9410

Self's only title was gifted by Calipari's team choking the game away with 2 minutes left up 9. I don't think either one is that good at in-game coaching. Both are great at recruiting and regular season coaching.

Look at Izzo. He's made 24 straight tournaments and only has the one title as well, 20 years ago.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22140

Quote Originally Posted by newton0038 View Post
    Exactly!! I never saw guards so afraid to shoot in my life.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

I think that’s the first time he got beat in round 1 as a big seed. They all have at some point

Goldenboy73
    Goldenboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8768

Last straw there. Cannot lose no more.

jjgold

He always says we are young

Loser

Goldenboy73
    Goldenboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8768

Last edited by Goldenboy73; 03-21-22 at 05:15 PM.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

NBA is loaded with Kentucky players

It's really amazing

Doublethink
    Doublethink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1446

For #4 Tha TopMoron

Purdue 3/25 in Philly. My guess the line goes about 10.5 so they'll make u take Purdue then St. Pete's will win outright. The party will be all over Jersey City. Everyone including JC's finest. If u want to call them that. LOL
    Last edited by Doublethink; 03-21-22 at 05:58 PM. Reason: tighten up

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153168

who does the fanbase want instead?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    NBA is loaded with Kentucky players

It's really amazing
    exactly my point Landy. Guy couldn't coach his way out of a wet papersack.

jjgold

The Kentucky players are all stars too NBA

That makes it even worse for Cal

jrgum3
    Update your status
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    who does the fanbase want instead?
    The fanbase right now is pretty fed up with Cal but nobody seems to mention somebody who would come in here and do a better job. I'm not sure what the answer is other than Calipari changing his philosophy because I don't think he's going anywhere unless he decides to step down.