OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5228

HORSE racing facts from when they started how to handicap them

I'll stick with the reg jockey ridden ones

#1 the most winningest post positions every where in the word are the 2 4 6 and 7

they will hit the booard most often

#2 NEVER bet the 1 post in short races unless that horse has outstanding speed to get out in front and stay ahead

because they normally get trapped by outside horses that are faster down the stretch

# 3 Class is everything DO Not bet on a horse going up in class like say from $8000 clamiers up to $15,000

speed is the end result of all these factors

Scratch off all horses that lost lengths of end of last race like sy they were up 5 lengths then at wire win by 1/2 length

REG Clamiers and allowance horses you want them back in action as soon as possible i fade every winner that out of action a month or more

GIVE me a horse that closed that raced two weeks ago

NEVER Let odds sway your selection people mostly are stupid lazy handicappers

NOW how to handicap horses using calculator and a pen

GO down last 6 races on the daily racing form if horse won a race he gets 300 points any 2nd place gets 150 points and 3rd place gets 50 points

NOW take the years winnings of at laest 6 races or more like this example Horse won $4750 in 6 races

divide 4750 by 6 = 791.66 round up to 792 now he won 1 race add 300 =1092 he got 1 3rd place add 50 = 1142

this is great rating and there are only 4 horses that can win any race so compare this horse with your top 3 others

and watch results as i did many times this horse 1142 other 3 say 1100 1090 and 1000

finsish in exact order of ratings all 4

yes the full racing form cost way more than it did years ago but it's worth it even tho way smaller

you only get like last 8 races of each horse

also know your tracks they all have biases

and one more thing wind is killer of front runners a high wind 15 mph or more blowing in > direction will kill front runners and watch them fold down the stretch

also another thing turf racing is far differnt than dirt racing do not bet a horse on grass that normally runs on dirt

also a muddy track is going to kill horses with big hooves u want ahorse tht can run in rainy conditions or mud

I hit super long shot way back in 80's he was a big loser on dry dirt but 10 races ago he slammed them all in mud

it was simulcast at the nj track where i used to go at in NJ long gones garden state

it was pouring buckets the track was very wet n heavy this horse went off at 35 -1 and i wacked him 10$ w p and S he won by 5 lengths and i collected 100's on a $30 total wager

BUT today yo only see the last 8 races of all horses because DRF is like a book form

OTHER Guy asked me after coming back how did you pick that horse i showed him on the racing form

YES there have been jockeys suspended and trainers fined caught cheating

but rare

horse racing still only $2 a race with $40 you can bet all 10 races and get something to eat

another thing be very quite when you win thier still thugs around looking to take your cash

giddayup

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

Bill, all those angles seem pretty basic and square. It's a tough game to beat playing in such a linear fashion. Good luck today.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68483

Hey Bill

Have you looked at the horse racing sub forum ?
    I have a 10 year + thread you might enjoy.
    Garden State , Bill. Lost some silks in the fire and it took almost a year to get my owners money reimbursed.
    How about Monmouth? I spent some summers there in the 70’s.
    Never stabled at the Meadowlands. Only shipped in .
    Hope you stop by in the sub forum.

Good luck !