Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Lillard does not have the same case Anthony Davis does.

Anthony Davis is a top 5 defensive player in the league when healthy, Lillard plays no defense at all.

Offensively when healthy they are comprable.

Portland is at the bottom of the league defensively every year, which is why most years they are out of the playoffs in the first round.
    Lillard hit 2 or 3 of the biggest shots in playoff history, 2 to end 2 different series i believe. Tmac is definitely better than Reggie Miller. If that Pacers team had Tmac instead of Miller they woulda won a ring.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

T Mac over Russ

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I woulda put Yao on it too tho

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

McGrady was always a loser

Did not care about winning or losing

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

If Yao and T-Mac would of ever been healthy for an entire playoff series together.....would of been something. That said, the first year Garnett got to Boston that team was possibly the greatest defensive team in NBA history. I always think about guys like Dale Ellis or Roy Tarpley or Kevin Johnson. Guys that were over looked or derailed because of other factors.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Pierce belongs on the list, he was very good in big games, and he was a closer. The Celtics were horrible when they drafted him and were only winning 30 games, Pierce had plenty of success before Garnett got there, and Antonie Walker was nothing special, Pierce was better than him.

Mcgrady's best years were better than Pierce's best years, but Pierce had far more big moments in the playoff s and a longer career.
    I think the latter part of that sums it up, pierce had the big moments on a team where he didn't have to carry as the best player whereas mcgrady didn't have enough in the tank by the time crunch time was afoot

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I knew a bunch of people that worked with the Magic and a couple guys that trained the players at Health South. They all said that TMac refused to workout and most of his injures was because he didn't want to lift weights. They tried everything to get him in the gym but he was just not committed. Probably the number one reason his teams didn't get out of the 1st round. That's on him more than anyone else.

How could anyone put Tmac ahead of Kyrie, Dhoward, Pau Gasol or Tony Parker? Heck what about Penny Hardaway?

But why was Damian Lillard on the list? He hasn't done shit.
    That's interesting Mac, his best years was when he was carrying the Orlando team without grant hill. He didn't start bulking up until he left for Houston and I think more injuries started to pile up once he did bc his frame couldn't handle the extra weight

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Lillard hit 2 or 3 of the biggest shots in playoff history, 2 to end 2 different series i believe. Tmac is definitely better than Reggie Miller. If that Pacers team had Tmac instead of Miller they woulda won a ring.
    Both shots you are referring to were in the first round, to say they are some of the biggest shits in NBA history is absurd.

thomorino

Nearly all the players who came out of high school had injury issues.

Kemp, howard, amare, mcgrady.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

I knew a bunch of people that worked with the Magic and a couple guys that trained the players at Health South. They all said that TMac refused to workout and most of his injures was because he didn't want to lift weights. They tried everything to get him in the gym but he was just not committed. Probably the number one reason his teams didn't get out of the 1st round. That's on him more than anyone else.

How could anyone put Tmac ahead of Kyrie, Dhoward, Pau Gasol or Tony Parker? Heck what about Penny Hardaway?

But why was Damian Lillard on the list? He hasn't done shit.
    Wait Dames on the list but Kyrie wasn't?

Probably swapped them because of Kyrie's vax status.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave bigtymer56 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Nearly all the players who came out of high school had injury issues.

Kemp, howard, amare, mcgrady.
    Um Garnett Kobe perk etc etc

Goat Milk

Both shots you are referring to were in the first round, to say they are some of the biggest shits in NBA history is absurd.
    He ended Westbrook George, which was supposed to be one of the best duos in the league. He had no one on his team. He ended Harden and Howard, again supposed to be one of the best duos in basketball. Those are two iconic shots and definitely some of the best in playoff history. Guy drilled nearly a halfcourt shot to win a series at the buzzer. Can probably only name a handful of guys who have ended a series on a buzzer period. Lillard has done it twice. He's also made the western conference finals and has been in the mvp discussion for the last several years.

Lillard had one of the most absurd games in nba playoff history last year against the nuggets. It reminded me of tmac's 13 pts in 33 seconds. That game was ridiculous. He's a rare breed.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Um Garnett Kobe perk etc etc
    Kobe didn't play that much his first 2 years, obviously there are exceptions, but most of the players who came out of high school had more injuries than usual.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Wait Dames on the list but Kyrie wasn't?

Probably swapped them because of Kyrie's vax status.
    What? When was kyrie ever on a 30 win or even 20 win team as the best player? Cleveland was bottom of the barrel when he was the guy. Boston became a better team after he left which speaks volumes. Kyrie is a great talent but not a great player not even close

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    What? When was kyrie ever on a 30 win or even 20 win team as the best player? Cleveland was bottom of the barrel when he was the guy. Boston became a better team after he left which speaks volumes. Kyrie is a great talent but not a great player not even close
    I would say he is a great player, but he can never be the number 1 option on a championship team. A lot of injuries and time away have ruined his body of work tho. He'll be in the top 100 players of all time if he closes his career out the right way with another couple rings.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9617

dave cowans doesnt belong

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

I would say he is a great player, but he can never be the number 1 option on a championship team. A lot of injuries and time away have ruined his body of work tho. He'll be in the top 100 players of all time if he closes his career out the right way with another couple rings.
    What PG can truly be the number 1 option?? How many PGs won titles for the teams as the number 1 option? I can't really think of one? Chauncey Billups, but he probably wasn't number 1. Isiah with the Pistons? Steph Curry really wasn't the PG, Draymond ran the offense much more. It seems you really need a physical alpha dog to win titles and little PGs just don't fit the bill. Lebron and Magic were really point forwards. True PG's don't seem to take over games in the playoffs. (Iverson was close).

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

Curry, Isiah won two rings with the Pistons, like you mentioned.

Goat Milk

What PG can truly be the number 1 option?? How many PGs won titles for the teams as the number 1 option? I can't really think of one? Chauncey Billups, but he probably wasn't number 1. Isiah with the Pistons? Steph Curry really wasn't the PG, Draymond ran the offense much more. It seems you really need a physical alpha dog to win titles and little PGs just don't fit the bill. Lebron and Magic were really point forwards. True PG's don't seem to take over games in the playoffs. (Iverson was close).
    You just named some. Iverson definitely though, I mean, I don't even remember who this guy had in the starting lineup of that team. Mutumbo Aaron Mckey and Eric Snow maybe? Jeez man. Give Iverson one other superstar to play with and he was going to win rings. Ja Morant will most definitley win a ring as the best player on a team. Tony Parker did it too, twice (Kawhi should never have won that finals mvp, parker should have). I can't believe people that think Duncan is top 10. The guy was washed for the last 2 rings of his career that he won.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

He ended Westbrook George, which was supposed to be one of the best duos in the league. He had no one on his team. He ended Harden and Howard, again supposed to be one of the best duos in basketball. Those are two iconic shots and definitely some of the best in playoff history. Guy drilled nearly a halfcourt shot to win a series at the buzzer. Can probably only name a handful of guys who have ended a series on a buzzer period. Lillard has done it twice. He's also made the western conference finals and has been in the mvp discussion for the last several years.

Lillard had one of the most absurd games in nba playoff history last year against the nuggets. It reminded me of tmac's 13 pts in 33 seconds. That game was ridiculous. He's a rare breed.
    BTW - LaMarcus Aldridge dominated the series versus Rockets. Lillard was great but he was #2 behind LA in that series. I'm not down playing him at all but 86-Sampson, 97-Stockton and Leonard all hit bigger playoff shots to end a series.

Str8Mush4Life
    Str8Mush4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6139

Goat, those starting squads with AI was a mishmosh mostly of him, Tyrone Hill, Aaron McKie, Mutombo (after they traded Ratliff away), Eric Snow, George Lynch and Jumaine Jones. Most of the time it was AI, Hill, Dikembe (an aged Mutombo), McKie and Jones. One of my favorite squads of all time.

lol.........

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11464

I remember when I was playing ball in college in like 03-04 i was on fire one day and people were calling me McGrady. Felt like the best compliment ever and still remember to this day. He was a beast and fun to
    Watch in his prime.

13 points in 33 seconds was incredible. Watch this every so often.
    https://youtu.be/1jbtt6OGLms

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

no Cliff Robinson get the fuk out of here

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32811

^
    Like I said last month, those lists are opinion lists written by professional sports writers to serve one purpose.
    That purpose being to provoke sports talk.

Why?
    Because sports talk promotes the gazillion dollar entity that is organized profession sports.

Guess what?
    Those professional sports writers that write about these lists are professional writers and get paid to do it because they are doing there jobs.
    Cass in point, we're talking about it right now, aren't we?

Long story short, the sports market is gigantic, lists like these keeps the people like us who spend a lot of our disposable income on professional sports interested, it keeps the cash flow flowing.
    Bottom line, it's all about the money.
    It always is.

I have absolutely no problem with anybody's reasonable opinion about who was greater than who.
    It's like the musical question was "The Who" greater than "Led Zeppelin"?
    It's all subjective.

This is the one and only problem I have (and others) and it's a major problem.
    That being those who insist their opinions on who are what are/were the greatest (best) is the one and only correct opinion and base their opinions on false facts and data created in their demented minds.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and everybody is entitled to it.
    To promote those opinions as fact based on lies, well, a word comes to mind.
    Unethical.
    More words come to mind but this is where I'll jump off.
    That's why there's people that make a good living as fact checkers, editors, data analysts ...
    I think I made my point.

My opinion?
    Jordan was the greatest player of my generation, than you can argue LeBron, Magic, Kobe, Bird, Barkley and so on.

If you consider Magic a true PG, he would be the greatest PG.
    Magic was so diverse he played all five positions (PG,SG,PF,SF,C) for at least one game in his career, but since the position he played for the majority of minutes he played was PG than yeah, Magic was the greatest in my lifetime.
    Than you can argue if Stockton was better than Isiah for instance, was Kidd better than Nash, where does Oscar rank, Curry or CP3, who was better?

But (in my opinion) Magic was the greatest PG, and the Jordan was the greatest ever.

What do Magic, Jordan, and most of the greatest of the greats have in common?
    They were not all, but mostly coached by all time greatest of the all time great coaches.
    Coaches like Phil Jackson. Pat Riley, Pop...
    Why has Steve Kerr had a Hall of Fame coaching career at Golden State?
    Oh sure it helps if your blessed with a Curry as a PG, and a sharp shooter like Klay, but Kerr is a great coach because he learned from Pop and Phil Jackson.

Great coaches turn great individual players into great team champions too.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

can you believe he never got out 1st round of playoffs in his entire career as starter. not even with yao. that hard trivia facts that you get kicked out of these kinds career rewards. you can say whatever but thats bad. and he was 2 time scoring champ. super bad. you do the math.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave play4win 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    That's interesting Mac, his best years was when he was carrying the Orlando team without grant hill. He didn't start bulking up until he left for Houston and I think more injuries started to pile up once he did bc his frame couldn't handle the extra weight
    I'm not sure what his issues were and if it was because he bulked up but maybe if he had hit the weights early in his career, he would have had a longer career. He had 8 great years but also had 7 very lackluster years. 4 years he didn't play much at all. Hard to put him as one of the 75 best ever.

First 12