IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16119

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    I always say he plays heavy. Melo had that “play heavy” game. It is like a tremendous effort for them to dunk the ball even tho they are close to 7ft tall
    He's 6'7. How many inches do you think there are in a foot?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Makes no sense to have the hub of your offense doing the grunt work on the defensive end. Did Bryant guard Miller in the finals? NO! Harper did. Hamilton in the finals? NO! Fisher did. These guys play the same position as him. Pierce in the '10 finals? Did he tell Artest to take it easy? NO! I could go on.

After Shaq left the Lakers the HEAT dominated the Lakers. You have memory issues lol. Shaq made the comment about a Bryant's ferrari meeting the Shaq truck.... that's how it was. Bryant was v.lucky to play with him then Gasol. We saw how he looked when he had a similar supporting cast to Doncic. Dominating the offense the same way, but demanding a trade out of LA. Soft.
    Soft? Lol Pau gasol never even won 1 playoff game before coming to LA. Not 1. Never won a playoff game, think about that, despite being int he league for awhile. And you say Bryant was lucky to play with Pau, not the other way around? LMFAO. Funniest thing I've ever heard in my life.

You must not have watched those clips I sent you if you think soft. Luka couldn't play that defense if he dreamed it.

Bryant was the best player on 4/5 of his championship teams. Shaq was only better for 1 ring, cause he was much older. Bryant carried them to the finals every other year, and then deferred to Shaq in the finals because Shaq wanted to to win finals MVP. Kobe averaged 30 pts 7 boards and 6 assists as the "number 2" in 2003 reg season. And then what did Shaq do after he left LA? He turned into a fat boy, exactly as the great kobe bryant predicted he would. Don't ever compare Shaq to Kobe. One is a top 25 player of all time and the other is arguably the best. Shaq wasn't even in Bryant's league. Kobe put up 60 points in his farewell game, Shaq couldn't even get 5 shot attempts off in a game in his retirement game if he tried. I'm not talking points, I mean he couldn't get off 5 ATTEMPTS even if he tried.

Talk about soft, Kobe played in the 2010 finals with 2 broken fingers on his shooting hand a dislocated shoulder. In today's game, they sprain a pinkie and they are out for 2 months. Don't ever mention Bryant and soft in the same sentence again.

Let Luka keep getting 40 pt triple doubles. We saw how that worked with Westbrook, people drooling over him every day. Neither of those guys play any defense. There's a reason a SF gets 10 rebounds a game, and the only reason is that you are camping out in the lane, meaning you don't guard the perimeter, which means you're not doing your job...

Sure here and there, you can grab 12 15 boards. Every game? Ridiculous. He is stat hunting. Very typical for a young player.

Don't ever compare Luka Doncic to Kobe Bryant again.

Luka wouldn't cross the 3 pt line against Bryant in his prime, just like Lebron couldn't and just like D Wade couldn't. Team USA was a joke before Bryant joined. Did you watch the documentary? Wade and Lebron and Iverson and Duncan and all these guys were embarassed. They embarassed the USA as a country, especially Duncan, a big time loser. You think Kobe Bryant would ever lose an Olympics? Lmao. Duncan. Lebron. Wade. Melo. Iverson. Lmao. Bums.

Watch that documentary and then you'll see how Bryant made Pau Gasol the player he was. Gasol was NOTHING before Bryant molded him into what he wanted.

Talk about memory lapses.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 11-30-22 at 12:23 AM.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Soft? Lol Pau gasol never even won 1 playoff game before coming to LA. Not 1. Never won a playoff game, think about that, despite being int he league for awhile. And you say Bryant was lucky to play with Pau, not the other way around? LMFAO. Funniest thing I've ever heard in my life.

You must not have watched those clips I sent you if you think soft. Luka couldn't play that defense if he dreamed it.

Bryant was the best player on 4/5 of his championship teams. Shaq was only better for 1 ring, cause he was much older. Bryant carried them to the finals every other year, and then deferred to Shaq in the finals because Shaq wanted to to win finals MVP. Kobe averaged 30 pts 7 boards and 6 assists as the "number 2" in 2003 reg season. And then what did Shaq do after he left LA? He turned into a fat boy, exactly as the great kobe bryant predicted he would. Don't ever compare Shaq to Kobe. One is a top 25 player of all time and the other is arguably the best. Shaq wasn't even in Bryant's league. Kobe put up 60 points in his farewell game, Shaq couldn't even get 5 shot attempts off in a game in his retirement game if he tried. I'm not talking points, I mean he couldn't get off 5 ATTEMPTS even if he tried.

Talk about soft, Kobe played in the 2010 finals with 2 broken fingers on his shooting hand a dislocated shoulder. In today's game, they sprain a pinkie and they are out for 2 months. Don't ever mention Bryant and soft in the same sentence again.

Let Luka keep getting 40 pt triple doubles. We saw how that worked with Westbrook, people drooling over him every day. Neither of those guys play any defense. There's a reason a SF gets 10 rebounds a game, and the only reason is that you are camping out in the lane, meaning you don't guard the perimeter, which means you're not doing your job...

Sure here and there, you can grab 12 15 boards. Every game? Ridiculous. He is stat hunting. Very typical for a young player.

Don't ever compare Luka Doncic to Kobe Bryant again.

Luka wouldn't cross the 3 pt line against Bryant in his prime, just like Lebron couldn't and just like D Wade couldn't. Team USA was a joke before Bryant joined. Did you watch the documentary? Wade and Lebron and Iverson and Duncan and all these guys were embarassed. They embarassed the USA as a country, especially Duncan, a big time loser. You think Kobe Bryant would ever lose an Olympics? Lmao. Duncan. Lebron. Wade. Melo. Iverson. Lmao. Bums.

Watch that documentary and then you'll see how Bryant made Pau Gasol the player he was. Gasol was NOTHING before Bryant molded him into what he wanted.

Talk about memory lapses.
    I watched those "Dream teams" so don't need to see a documentary. Duncan not well suited to the FIBA game... Jokic actually suffers the same problems. No space to operate because there's no illegal defense. He humbly said it's not for me and never tried it again. What was he doing playing for USA anyway? He's from the Virgin Islands the fuckin traitor!

Bryant is a better defender than Doncic, it goes without saying. That doesn't make him a better player. Who was the 2nd best player on those Grizzlies teams Gasol played for? was it Shane Battier or Mike Miller? Bryant always had a top-tier star alongside him, except for that 1 year he didn't -what happened in that year you ask? The Lakers got bounced in the first round. They still had a pretty good team even then. Bynum, Odom.

IBetYou

Bryant always rubbished his teammates of course. An arrogant American. The opposite of Doncic who gives credit to the likes of DFS or Kleber at every opportunity. Bryant always saying how terrible K.Brown or S.Parker were because he felt it elevated himself. What a piece of shit.

IBetYou

I remember Smush Parker defending Nash well in the playoffs. Bryant never gave him any credit. Always complaining about his poor shooting. This is poor leadership.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

I remember Smush Parker defending Nash well in the playoffs. Bryant never gave him any credit. Always complaining about his poor shooting. This is poor leadership.
    I'm a back to back MVP don't ya know?

Goat Milk

I watched those "Dream teams" so don't need to see a documentary. Duncan not well suited to the FIBA game... Jokic actually suffers the same problems. No space to operate because there's no illegal defense. He humbly said it's not for me and never tried it again. What was he doing playing for USA anyway? He's from the Virgin Islands the fuckin traitor!

Bryant is a better defender than Doncic, it goes without saying. That doesn't make him a better player. Who was the 2nd best player on those Grizzlies teams Gasol played for? was it Shane Battier or Mike Miller? Bryant always had a top-tier star alongside him, except for that 1 year he didn't -what happened in that year you ask? The Lakers got bounced in the first round. They still had a pretty good team even then. Bynum, Odom.
    Actually Lakers are the worst team ever to make the post season in nba history. They had Kobe, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Chris Mihm starting, with Odum. I don't know where you got Bynum from. That team almost defeated Steve Nash and the Suns, but Phil Jackson told Kobe, you're shooting it too much, and he said, what do you want me to do, pass it to Smush Parker? That's the worst starting 5 in history. They went to game 7. Kobe dropped 36 a game that year. That was the era when people actually played defense. It's not like James Harden's year where he went to the foul line every play.

"That doesn't make Bryant a better player." Are you really here right now arguing that Luka Doncic is a better player than Kobe Bryant? I think you actually do need to see the documentary. It wasn't just Duncan. It was the "great Lebron James." It was Iverson, it was Wade, it was a ton of nba superstar prima donnas that had no clue what real defense and mental toughness was. Bryant is responsible for the careers of Wade and Lebron, they would not be the players they are/were without him.

What did Bryant do to Pau Gasol after they lost the 2008 finals? He ran right over him in the very first game against Spain. He leveled him. Then, when USA won Gold, Bryant hung his gold medal in Pau Gasol's locker right before the start of the 2009 nba season. What happened? Pau Gasol went from a soft pussy into a man, and they beat the Magic, and then repeated the next year. You think guys like Luka can come up with plans like that? Bryant planted early seeds that paid off later. The man was a tactical genius, reading books like Art of War, speaking several languages, and understanding the psychology of sports like no one else in sports history. The man had a huge influence all around the world, as you saw from his death.

People like Christiano Ronaldo and athletes from every sport you can think of adopted his "mamba mentality" and applied it to their own lives. Even people outside of sports. The whole point of mamba mentality is mental strength. And you're trying to say Kobe was soft? LMAO.

Had enough of this conversation. Luka has 0 nba finals appearances yet you're already trying to argue that he's better than Bryant. You are the most biased guy on this forum.

Goat Milk

You know what leadership really is? It's not being nice. Leadership is finding a way to bring the best out of your players. And I gave you the best example above. No other NBA player would ever have the balls or the brains to hatch up a plan like that. Definitely not Luka, who's out there playing for stats. If Bryant was such a piece of shit, why is he one of Luka's favorite players of all time? Why is he the entire world's favorite player of all time? Do you ever travel? Go to China, go to Taiwan, go to Italy, Spain, anywhere, and you'll see Kobe Bryant murals and basketball courts and statues everywhere. Does Jordan or Lebron have that? No. The whole world stopped when Kobe Bryant died.

Smush Parker is one of the worst starting pgs in nba history.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 992

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Actually Lakers are the worst team ever to make the post season in nba history. They had Kobe, Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Chris Mihm starting, with Odum. I don't know where you got Bynum from. That team almost defeated Steve Nash and the Suns, but Phil Jackson told Kobe, you're shooting it too much, and he said, what do you want me to do, pass it to Smush Parker? That's the worst starting 5 in history. They went to game 7. Kobe dropped 36 a game that year. That was the era when people actually played defense. It's not like James Harden's year where he went to the foul line every play.

"That doesn't make Bryant a better player." Are you really here right now arguing that Luka Doncic is a better player than Kobe Bryant? I think you actually do need to see the documentary. It wasn't just Duncan. It was the "great Lebron James." It was Iverson, it was Wade, it was a ton of nba superstar prima donnas that had no clue what real defense and mental toughness was. Bryant is responsible for the careers of Wade and Lebron, they would not be the players they are/were without him.

What did Bryant do to Pau Gasol after they lost the 2008 finals? He ran right over him in the very first game against Spain. He leveled him. Then, when USA won Gold, Bryant hung his gold medal in Pau Gasol's locker right before the start of the 2009 nba season. What happened? Pau Gasol went from a soft pussy into a man, and they beat the Magic, and then repeated the next year. You think guys like Luka can come up with plans like that? Bryant planted early seeds that paid off later. The man was a tactical genius, reading books like Art of War, speaking several languages, and understanding the psychology of sports like no one else in sports history. The man had a huge influence all around the world, as you saw from his death.

People like Christiano Ronaldo and athletes from every sport you can think of adopted his "mamba mentality" and applied it to their own lives. Even people outside of sports. The whole point of mamba mentality is mental strength. And you're trying to say Kobe was soft? LMAO.

Had enough of this conversation. Luka has 0 nba finals appearances yet you're already trying to argue that he's better than Bryant. You are the most biased guy on this forum.
    Class dismissed. $49.95 for the next session.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave mjsuax13 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

IBetYou

I've heard all that self-promoting BS before. If you're that great/ tough you don't need to be telling everyone all the time. Insecure.

Good that you don't want to argue it anymore though. It's not important.

IBetYou

Rare show of dissent from Doncic there. Unhappy with the end of game play call I think. I can't see him sticking with Dallas past his current contract. It's nice to stay with the same team long term but they're not a good franchise.

IBetYou

Half Court Hoops on Twitter: "The Bucks knew the Mavericks play. Luka knew the Bucks knew the play. Nobody knew Luka knew the Bucks knew the play. Luka had to force a step back over Jrue Holiday. https://t.co/ONvXUEOIag" / Twitter

Compare that play with what coach Bud ran a half minute earlier, which got Lopez a layup. Kidd is just one of those guys that got a coaching job because of his success as a player. Intelligent for a basketball player, but not intelligent.

Mavs are one of two teams that could bring in European coach. A top strategist. They can do it because their best player is European, so he's not going to be sensitive about being heavily "coached"/ doesn't need to be told his coach loves him every 5 minutes. Everyone else on the team would fall in line. Instead they've got this guy.

stevenash

No Luka tonight.
    Day off, maintenance.

IBetYou

Spurs should "elevate" Pop to some front office position and hire Želimir Obradović. Make a run at Doncic in a couple years with Poeltl and some other young talent (picks) to support him.

IBetYou

Worst case scenario; you get a well coached team. Pop is not going to be around much longer...

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14296

Dropped 60 tonight with 21 rebounds and 10 dimes. OT

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Jesus. 60 points, 21 rebounds, and 10 assists.

Jerm3085
    Jerm3085's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6143

Guy is a freakin animal…awesome game to watch

coop-dog
    coop-dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4628

he looks slow out there but gets it done, is he like larry bird?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14296

22 points after one quarter tonight.

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    22 points after one quarter tonight.
    His pts/rbds/assists was 51.5 juiced over.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6195

He the best white player in NBA currently

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by slayer14 View Post
    He the best white, black, brown, red, purple, or pink player in NBA currently
    Fixed your post Slayer.

IBetYou

He's just 23yo and pissing over everything LeBron James or James Harden ever did.

It would be surprising if he wasn't even better 6 years from now.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Celts just made him eat their shit. He sucks ass.

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

Overrated!

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 951

Luka is a great player but his surrounding cast is below average

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    Luka is a great player but his surrounding cast is below average
    Yes but Boston stinks. How did he lose this bad at home?
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Yes but Boston stinks. How did he lose this bad at home?
    well i never said boston stinks. again i want to be clear, they are the runaway favorites to win the title. check any book, anywhere.

why did they lose? celtics were hot. they got the living shot beat out of them last game by the thunder. so, they showed up tonight. shot well. credit to the celtics.

i wouldn't make much out of this regular season game.

budwiser

Again so why do i care.

Because futures odds care about regular season wins and losses. And i got futures.

IBetYou

Says he watches more Euroleague than NBA games..... even though his job is in the NBA

He might be on to something. Fewer teams playing fewer times per week, so less to keep up with. Less BS, better product.

Kermit

I had Luka over 34.5 points 9.5 rebounds 8.5 assists last night for +600. Missed the points by one.

Goat Milk

Says he watches more Euroleague than NBA games..... even though his job is in the NBA

He might be on to something. Fewer teams playing fewer times per week, so less to keep up with. Less BS, better product.
    Hope he has fun watching Compazzo. Couldn't even make a layup in the nba when he auditioned 2 years ago. Was terrifiied everytime he touched the ball. Looked like a straight shrimp out there.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    well i never said boston stinks. again i want to be clear, they are the runaway favorites to win the title. check any book, anywhere.

why did they lose? celtics were hot. they got the living shot beat out of them last game by the thunder. so, they showed up tonight. shot well. credit to the celtics.

i wouldn't make much out of this regular season game.
    Exactly. These games don't mean shit.

Luka is a stat whore, he's no different than westbrook when he was getting 35 10 and 10 every night for the thunder. Watch Luke very closely. Watch how he camps out in the lane and very rarely ever wants to guard his guy straight up on the perimeter. I already called out IBetYou on this matter. He tried to compare Luka to Kobe lmfao. Kobe would guard Tracy McGrady the entire game. Luka is scared to guard anyone for two reasons. 1) His defense is horrible and 2) It would take away from his godly stats, cause he'll have to use more energy, and he won't get to camp in the lane for easy rebounds.

Goat Milk

Dallas actually thinks Finey Smith is a good player lmao. "Defensive specialist." THat's what they call people who suck balls on offense, and just hustle on defense. Robert Covington, "3 and D guy." He actually sucks at both. That's why guys like Jrue Holiday are true old schools ballers. Guard the best person and still score. Even Giannis is a pussy when he decides not to guard Durant or Tatum. Easy to see why Kobe and Shaq 3 peated. None of these pussy shenanigans.

First ... 2345678 Last