209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Brian Flores sues NFL for racial discrimination

Brian Flores is going scorched earth on the NFL and New York Giants ... filing an explosive lawsuit where the former Dolphins head coach alleges the team's hiring practices were rooted in racism, and he claims a text from Bill Belichick proves it.
    The 40-year-old coach filed the class action lawsuit in district court in New York on Tuesday ... and it's shocking.
    Flores says he received a text from his former boss and Patriots head coach days before he interviewed with the Giants. During the conversation, Flores says BB congratulated him on landing the new gig.
    BF was confused by the comment because he had yet to go in for his scheduled interview, and asked Bill if he had an inside track to their decision.
    Belichick eventually admits he'd misread the information he received ... and tells Flores it was actually a different Brian -- Brian Daboll -- who got the Giants job.

Flores insists this is proof he was only brought in for an interview to satisfy the Rooney Rule -- which requires teams to interview a minority candidate when a head coaching job opens up.
    Brian -- who says there's only 1 Black head coach (Mike Tomlin) and 6 GM's -- is suing on the behalf of all prospective Black coaches and front office employees.
    Flores is asking the court to fix the NFL's alleged discriminatory hiring practices, in addition to damages.
    There's more ... Flores also accuses Dolphins owner Stephen Ross of offering to pay him $100K per loss -- in an effort to tank the season and get a better draft pick.
    Flores says when he refused to play ball, he was labeled as being difficult to work with, and ultimately fired.
    "This is reflective of an all too familiar “angry black man” stigma that is often casted upon Black men who are strong in their morals and convictions while white men are coined as passionate for those very same attributes," the lawsuit reads.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I believe it. Especially from the Dolphins Ross.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave seaborneq 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe, and bigtymer56

Slurry Pumper
    Slurry Pumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8796

Big mistake, he should have waited until he got another job first or until the hiring season was over. Its gonna be pretty difficult now to get another Head Coaching gig when you come off working for a sorry ass team and feel bitter about it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Welp his career is over, hope it’s worth it

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Don’t settle. Take it to the limit and go for the throat. He has a shot to open their “Pandora’s Country Club” box
    just do not settle Flores

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Doesn't he know he can't sue Stephen Ross the man is Jewish. Refer Flores to the ADL website he will learn that only white Christian males can be racists.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: hehfest, and eidolon

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

At least he can go back to the Patriots in some sort of coaching capacity if Bill wants it so. No other club will hire him anytime soon.

But I agree the Rooney Rule is lols.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Wasn’t Flores a terrible late game manager? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Wasn’t Flores a terrible late game manager? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.
    Any of 25 other coaches.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Soft snowflake

Blm garbage

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57541

Just committed career suicide - Hope the settlement is big enough...

ridgeway
    ridgeway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6205

Now he can hangout with Colin Kappernick. Flores lawsuit is going no where

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Actually genuinely interested to hear if anyone thinks he has a case?

A lot of the stuff can be denied or played dumb about and then it goes back to he said she said.

Surely these guys would have learnt not to ‘conspire’ after the CK case but even that was a wishy washy case at best hence the small settlement and why CK didn’t fight it.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Wow, everyone praising Flores, including the clowns at ESPN.

He might have some legitimate points. But here's the issue. Flores had one of the thinnest resumes in the game when Miami hired him. I even posted a thread here when he was hired, Miami Dolphine WTF are you doing?

He had one year as DC under Belichick. Plenty of white guys passed over for Flores.

edawg
    edawg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4931

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post

He might have some legitimate points. But here's the issue. Flores had one of the thinnest resumes in the game when Miami hired him. I even posted a thread here when he was hired, Miami Dolphine WTF are you doing?

He had one year as DC under Belichick. Plenty of white guys passed over for Flores.
    Love that all their woke pandering nonsense is going to come right back and bite them in the ass.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

racism ended the day Donald Trump brought A$AP Rocky home

Flores reaching

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

I wonder if Marvin "16 years without a playoff win" Lewis will be called to testify.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    Actually genuinely interested to hear if anyone thinks he has a case?
    Of course he has a case. 32 NFL teams and only 1 black Head Coach?? Case close. Flores had the best 9 game record down the stretch losing only 1 game and you fire him? Why? Pretty clear because he refused to lose games.

I will bet you a ton of money who he has on speed dial... Willie Gary.

This guy is one of the richest lawyers in the world. I have a friend who won a $125 million dollar settlement he litigated. He's won billion dollar settlements. Just wait until he has the NFL suits up in his remarkable offices, overlooking the ocean. He will give them the spiel. He has time, he has money, probably NFL money. He can wait them out and they can keep appealing and EVERY DAY his settlement number will go up, up, up.

Flores will never coach in the NFL again but he is about to bring the NFL to it's knees.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153480

the problem with his specific claim against the Giants is that they had already interviewed black candidates Leslie Frazier twice and Patrick Graham once prior to them interviewing Daboll and Flores, so the interview with Flores wasn't 'required' or a 'formality' (as Flores is claiming) since they had already fulfilled the rule and then some.

but even if the Giants hadn't already fulfilled the rule, they still had the right to ultimately hire whoever they wanted and no court can take that away from them.

so strictly from a legal standpoint, it's very hard to see where Flores has any ground here with the Giants. as for the Dolphins situation, the best he can do is cause problems between the league and Dolphins ownership for potential tampering and trying to influence outcomes of games, but that has nothing to do with race.

that said, i'm sure plenty of Rooney rule candidates do often fall under the "token interview" category, but that's obviously the downside of the rule to begin with.. it's puts both the teams and candidates in bad situations.
    Points Awarded:

eidolon gave Orbison 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

^
    Is he richer than this lawyer.

Points Awarded:

texhooper gave stevenash 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Why the Rooney rule is stupid

People are going to hire who they want anyways

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    the problem with his specific claim against the Giants is that they had already interviewed black candidates Leslie Frazier twice and Patrick Graham once prior to them interviewing Daboll and Flores, so the interview with Flores wasn't 'required' or a 'formality' (as Flores is claiming) since they had already fulfilled the rule and then some.

but even if the Giants hadn't already fulfilled the rule, they still had the right to ultimately hire whoever they wanted and no court can take that away from them.

so strictly from a legal standpoint, it's very hard to see where Flores has any ground here with the Giants. as for the Dolphins situation, the best he can do is cause problems between the league and Dolphins ownership for potential tampering and trying to influence outcomes of games, but that has nothing to do with race.

that said, i'm sure plenty of Rooney rule candidates do often fall under the "token interview" category, but that's obviously the downside of the rule to begin with.. it's puts both the teams and candidates in bad situations.
    So they interviewed multiple black candidates and still hired a white guy that had ZERO head coaching experience? That is pretty damning evidence. Who was more qualified for the job? Flores just won 8 out of 9 games for a team that was trying to tank games.

You bring up a great point/question. Do NFL owners have the right to hire whoever they want to hire? That remains to be seen. The NFL receives billions in taxpayers/government assistance. This will be key. You cannot hire whoever you want to hire when that is the case.

Flores may not have a case with the Giants. I don't think that's where he's going. He's going for the entire NFL. The Giants is small peanuts. EVERYONE was shocked when Flores was fired. It didn't make sense. Now, he can't find another head coaching job? The NFL is in trouble here.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Why the Rooney rule is stupidPeople are going to hire who they want anyways
    Until... Your company is hit with an adverse impact charge.

Adverse impact refers to employment practices that appear neutral but have a discriminatory effect on a protected group. Adverse impact may occur in hiring, promotion, training and development, transfer, layoff, and even performance appraisals

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Guy is a good coach. He won with tua. Enough said.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave chico2663 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Slurry Pumper View Post
    Big mistake, he should have waited until he got another job first or until the hiring season was over. Its gonna be pretty difficult now to get another Head Coaching gig when you come off working for a sorry ass team and feel bitter about it.
    He wasn't getting another HC job. Don't you get it?

The Bills already had hired Daboll and still brought Flores in. That's some foul shit if you think about it. I would have just bit my lip and move on to the next gig but I'm not Flores. Everyman has the right to make their own decisions, right or wrong.

Wigdor is the lawyer he chose. That guy is pretty ruthless as well. He's won a lot of high profile cases, including the ones against Weinstein and Charles Oakley's case against Dolan.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    I wonder if Marvin "16 years without a playoff win" Lewis will be called to testify.
    He was a good community guy. He served the purpose of Mickey boy Brown. Keep a full house, finish around 500 and keep fans wondering. If he would of had an owner that wanted to win he may have been successful.

Mac4Lyfe

HUH? He coached in NE for 4 winning Superbowls and one that they lost. He's had great success as a coach and had 2 winning seasons with the Dolphins. The Dolphins previously hadn't had winning seasons in 20 years. Plus the guy took a bad Miami team and won 8 out of 9 games. That was a freaking miracle work there.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    He wasn't getting another HC job. Don't you get it?

The Bills already had hired Daboll and still brought Flores in. That's some foul shit if you think about it. I would have just bit my lip and move on to the next gig but I'm not Flores. Everyman has the right to make their own decisions, right or wrong.

Wigdor is the lawyer he chose. That guy is pretty ruthless as well. He's won a lot of high profile cases, including the ones against Weinstein and Charles Oakley's case against Dolan.
    Not gonna be a case, it’ll get settled non disclosure his nfl days are over

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

flores doesnt have a case, hes not a good coach and no evidence, should have fired him last yr

cant believe mike tomlin is not fired yet, 15 yrs

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

He should go coach Kaepernick in the BLM league

Hard to take the race baiters seriously when they never mention the lack of white CBs in the league

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20457

I'm withholding judgement until Jon Gruden weighs in. Preferably by e-mail.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Not gonna be a case, it’ll get settled non disclosure his nfl days are over
    I'm not so sure. He seems really pissed. Really pissed. Doing this now tells me that this is not about the money, which is very scary for the NFL.

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm not so sure. He seems really pissed. Really pissed. Doing this now tells me that this is not about the money, which is very scary for the NFL.
    fak him

nfl should sue him

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

If they move forward, the NFL better hope it's email retention policy is air tight otherwise discovery is going to be fun for the plaintiff.

toddsclowns
    toddsclowns's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 37378

Baaahahhaha, he should sue Mac for mushing any chance he has at this bs “lawsuit”.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave toddsclowns 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

1234 ... Last