209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Does this strengthen Gruden's case at all with the Flores lawsuit?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

So he’s saying Miami wanted him to tank after the shit start and he wouldn’t? Sounds like he was lame duck then anyways. You wouldn’t tell a coach to tank if he was going to stay.

nick1976
    nick1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 441

on first day of Black History Month

nick1976
    nick1976's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 441

and day TB12 retires. slap in the face to the NFL

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

Quote Originally Posted by 209 Life View Post
    Does this strengthen Gruden's case at all with the Flores lawsuit?
    chucky is white pal, this doesnt help him

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    the problem with his specific claim against the Giants is that they had already interviewed black candidates Leslie Frazier twice and Patrick Graham once prior to them interviewing Daboll and Flores, so the interview with Flores wasn't 'required' or a 'formality' (as Flores is claiming) since they had already fulfilled the rule and then some.

but even if the Giants hadn't already fulfilled the rule, they still had the right to ultimately hire whoever they wanted and no court can take that away from them.

so strictly from a legal standpoint, it's very hard to see where Flores has any ground here with the Giants. as for the Dolphins situation, the best he can do is cause problems between the league and Dolphins ownership for potential tampering and trying to influence outcomes of games, but that has nothing to do with race.

that said, i'm sure plenty of Rooney rule candidates do often fall under the "token interview" category, but that's obviously the downside of the rule to begin with.. it's puts both the teams and candidates in bad situations.
    Yeah the whole thing is ridiculous. Imagine if they had a quota for white running backs. That would be dumb. I said this in another thread. Black coaches are all over the league as assistants. You got some dorky white guys like the idiot in la who doesn’t know what a fg is, but lots of the coaches worked their way up. The league started getting blacker in the 90s. You will have a large number of black head coaches in 10 years. Guys who played, went through the pipeline, made it to the top. Flores kinda got railroaded in Miami IMO, but imagine bringing in a coach that was just fired that never made the playoffs. No fanbase would have been happy.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

I think he knows he won't coach in the NFL anymore. He clearly doesn't give a fk and this isn't about money; good for him.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    the problem with his specific claim against the Giants is that they had already interviewed black candidates Leslie Frazier twice and Patrick Graham once prior to them interviewing Daboll and Flores, so the interview with Flores wasn't 'required' or a 'formality' (as Flores is claiming) since they had already fulfilled the rule and then some.
    but even if the Giants hadn't already fulfilled the rule, they still had the right to ultimately hire whoever they wanted and no court can take that away from them.
    so strictly from a legal standpoint, it's very hard to see where Flores has any ground here with the Giants. as for the Dolphins situation, the best he can do is cause problems between the league and Dolphins ownership for potential tampering and trying to influence outcomes of games, but that has nothing to do with race.
    that said, i'm sure plenty of Rooney rule candidates do often fall under the "token interview" category, but that's obviously the downside of the rule to begin with.. it's puts both the teams and candidates in bad situations.
    The Giants have gone with offensive minded coaches for a while so hiring Daboll goes with that fit fine.

The Broncos have also denied the allegations made against them. Claiming they had multiple executives showing up for the allotted timespan as well as detailing their interview process with all potential candidates using their notes in ultimately deciding who was the best qualified candidate for this job in this instance.

Seems like his best shot may be against his former boss in Miami.

Interesting timing to include a Broncos interview from 2019 considering the sale of the team now and all
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10287

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The Bills already had hired Daboll and still brought Flores in. That's some foul shit if you think about it.
    Mac-
    I think that you meant the Giants.

Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave 19th Hole 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

The guy in Miami fires him mid season, none of this ever happens. That’s why you don’t hang on to coaches when you determine they are done. That could be something that happens more often as a collateral effect of this situation.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Wasn’t Flores a terrible late game manager? Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.
    I think you are thinking of Andy Reid.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    The guy in Miami fires him mid season, none of this ever happens. That’s why you don’t hang on to coaches when you determine they are done. That could be something that happens more often as a collateral effect of this situation.
    What would you do if your boss offered you 100k per game to lose on purpose? Accept so you won't get fired at end of season?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    What would you do if your boss offered you 100k per game to lose on purpose? Accept so you won't get fired at end of season?
    I’m saying he was planning on firing him midseason most likely if that happened.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

What was Miami going to do with a high draft pick anyways? Redo their dumb tua pick

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

ross wanted brady and also was willing to trade 3 1st rounders to cinci. he did not want #5 pick which was tua

Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4360

#jackassforever
    Last edited by Yulia74; 02-01-22 at 08:29 PM.

Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Out of respect for the Patriots I highly doubt Brady was ever going to the Dolphins. Which even still didn’t have the type of team that would attract him compared to others.

Brady seemed 90% sure to go to the NFC and if the 49ers were an option no doubt he would have considered them having been a preferred team. But the Buccs was a nice convenient option to with the team they had and the guys they were able to bring in on top of that.

Sam Losco
    Sam Losco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13684

so many wrong statements, its not even worth it

holy crap, your an idiot
    Last edited by spider; 02-01-22 at 11:21 PM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    Out of respect for the Patriots I highly doubt Brady was ever going to the Dolphins. Which even still didn’t have the type of team that would attract him compared to others.

Brady seemed 90% sure to go to the NFC and if the 49ers were an option no doubt he would have considered them having been a preferred team. But the Buccs was a nice convenient option to with the team they had and the guys they were able to bring in on top of that.
    Yeah Brady was always going to someone who had everything except a qb. If this was 2 years ago, he probably ends up in San Fran this time around

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19249

If this is true on the Miami owner? Shouldn’t he be banned from the NFL until the end of time?

If players were told to tank it would have been even worse. If a player had followed those orders he would be banned!

But, an owner like that has no business in the NFL!

Skidcom
    Skidcom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19551

It will be interesting to see what comes out of this. I long thought there was at least a hint of "checking the box" when it came to these interviews. It did seem like a fair number of these candidates were not seriously considered.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

My take on the whole thing:

The Miami stuff is shady and would be hard to make up. That’s a huge reach that it was racial discrimination though.

The giants thing is a bit different. They interviewed their black candidates. They interviewed daboll. They liked daboll the best. Flores hadn’t interviewed yet. Why even bring him in for a show interview if you don’t have to do it?

Once again, no fan base is going to be happy bringing in a retread that didn’t even make the playoffs his whole career the same year he got fired. Flores was not going to get a job this time around. It was media driven nonsense like always. He was going to have to go back through the system a few years and then would have gotten another shot.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    If this is true on the Miami owner? Shouldn’t he be banned from the NFL until the end of time?

If players were told to tank it would have been even worse. If a player had followed those orders he would be banned!

But, an owner like that has no business in the NFL!
    Yes, he should. Offering a coach money under the table to lose definitely should get him Donald sterling treatment. I don’t see that as racial discrimination though.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Brian Flores will be having an exclusive interview tommorow morning at 7AM pacific on "cbs mornings" show alongside his attorney's Doug Wigdor & John Elefterakis.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

I think you are thinking of Andy Reid.
    I think you are thinking of McCarthy.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32267

Quote Originally Posted by 209 Life View Post
    Brian Flores will be having an exclusive interview tommorow morning at 7AM pacific on "cbs mornings" show alongside his attorney's Doug Wigdor & John Elefterakis.
    Followed by a 20 minute segment with Michael A.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Mike tomlin

RACIST

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Everything is racist nowadays.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I guess Steven a smith was going crazy about Hackett going to Denver and Eric bienemy not getting a job. Umm, they are trying to get Aaron rodgers genius. Apparently he loves Hackett

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by edawg View Post
    Doesn't he know he can't sue Stephen Ross the man is Jewish. Refer Flores to the ADL website he will learn that only white Christian males can be racists.

Bro, people don't even know history. The jews that run the world lied saying Napolean won at Waterloo, stock market collapses, and later they (the people) find out its a lie (Napolean did not). Guess who became extremely wealthy? The Jews that run the world as they bought up all those stocks and bottom-barrel prices. Its that same trick in 2008, 2000/2001, etc. This happens continually. That's why COVID is simply a lie for more power and control for this same group of people.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by Demonata View Post
    Everything is racist nowadays.
    Yep, racist, race baiting, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic

The effect of that is that when something actually is one of those things, it gets lumped with all the other nonsense.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

What was Miami going to do with a high draft pick anyways? Redo their dumb tua pick
    Only the owner knows why he made such an offer to his own coach. Maybe he wanted to draft some OL to protect Tua.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    They are both from the same coaching tree of bad clock management.

Demonata
    Demonata's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5409

Yep, racist, race baiting, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic

The effect of that is that when something actually is one of those things, it gets lumped with all the other nonsense.
    Also if it turns out to not be racist they get away with false accusations.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Only the owner knows why he made such an offer to his own coach. Maybe he wanted to draft some OL to protect Tua.
    I would think Flores has proof of this, wouldn’t you? That’s a strong allegation to make even if it did happen if you can’t prove it. We saw the bill bellicheck messages but I didn’t see anything that can prove that yet.

Also, how dumb is bellicheck? Can’t use a cell phone or what?

First 12345 ... Last