Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153420

What will Sean Payton do?

return to Saints?

retire from coaching to work for Fox? (could always return to coaching later)

ask to be traded to the Cowboys? (assuming Jerry would give him full control)

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

....work a trade for Rodgers? Watson? Cousins? Roll w Jameis?

They have the best D in NFL and were going to the playoffs till Janeis got hurt.

He's coming back, they'll win 10 or 11 next year.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t think he’s got the personality for announcing, He must have a coaching job lined up maybe college

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3415

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I don’t think he’s got the personality for announcing, He must have a coaching job lined up maybe college
    He has 3 years left on his contract. He would have to be traded if he coached another nfl team. Dallas would have to give 2 first rounders.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He had enough of the NFL. Guy needs a break.

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

I'm surprised more coaches don't take the money and ride off into the sunset. Being an NFL (or college for that matter) coach is a brutal plight. I'm always curious about the personal/family life of coaches. The way these guys get so amped up and focused and (presumably) spend every waking hour preparing/recruiting, etc., I just can't imagine them turning it off and suddenly being a great husband/father.

I know this borders on a shitty thing to bring up but didn't both Andy Reid and Tony Dungy have kids commit suicide? I have to think between the money coaches make and the absenteeism, "issues" within coach's families are above average.