Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153492

Something's obviously wrong here (Illinois vs. Maryland)

which of these do you trust?

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

A no play for me Orbi. Gut reaction is Illinois but I'm not taking a big ten team on the road.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

injuries Illini

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153492

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    A no play for me Orbi. Gut reaction is Illinois but I'm not taking a big ten team on the road.
    don't think i was clear friend, i meant which line source info is more trustworthy? i don't care about the teams or any injuries, just wagers and money accuracy.

the first source (which apparently is a DB feed) shows that 63% of the Tickets and 75% of the Money are on Illinois

yet Illinois opened at -7.5 and is currently down to -4.5 everywhere, so how could a 3 point move towards Maryland translate into 63% of the tickets and 75% of the money on Illinois?

whereas the second source (not sure where their feed originates) shows that 62% of the Wagers are on Maryland. naturally, this seems like the more reliable source of info (based on line movement since opener) yet the first source is apparently from DB.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Illini guards too good. Their Puerta Rican "pg" is now back and he will be the best player on the entire court. Illinois cruises here
    terps at +4'? that is a sucker bet, imo

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    don't think i was clear friend, i meant which line source info is more trustworthy? i don't care about the teams or any injuries, just wagers and money accuracy.

the first source (which apparently is a DB feed) shows that 63% of the Tickets and 75% of the Money are on Illinois

yet Illinois opened at -7.5 and is currently down to -4.5 everywhere, so how could a 3 point move towards Maryland translate into 63% of the tickets and 75% of the money on Illinois?

whereas the second source (not sure where their feed originates) shows that 62% of the Wagers are on Maryland. naturally, this seems like the more reliable source of info (based on line movement since opener) yet the first source is apparently from DB.
    The line is adjusted because an elite player averaging 21 points a game ans 12 rebounds is out and has been out since the beginning of the day
    Line was adjusted for him being out
    Kofi Cockburn

ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Quote Originally Posted by Shutup View Post
    The line is adjusted because an elite player averaging 21 points a game ans 12 rebounds is out and has been out since the beginning of the day
    Line was adjusted for him being out
    Kofi Cockburn

And out against Purdue it seemed?

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    And out against Purdue it seemed?
    Huh?
    He didn't even travel with the team to Maryland

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post

Yeah, I don't think Cockburn was ruled out until this AM, but I honestly do not know. This would cause wild and erratic numbers, provided one can trust the numbers being presented for things like wager %, money wagered %, etc (which IMHO you cannot trust any of the sources which provide that)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Orbison

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Those numbers are in accurate all the time pay no attention