ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Timme, a bust in the NBA?

I am leaning that direciton.
    Sure, he cut loose with some phenomenal shooting for 2 games but he seems to be a bit soft on the glass and also seems to rely, too many times, on white-man-moves around the basket?
    That will not fly when you go head to head with heavyweight, NBA centers.

I could change my mind but only if thiis guy can get this team to the Final Four or maybe, even beyond?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

He has tremendous footwork and there is no such thing as defense in the NBA. He will be fine at the next level.

ABEHONEST

Okay, opposite opinions never killed anyone.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    Okay, opposite opinions never killed anyone.
    Not saying he’s going to be a top guy but he already has more sound fundamentals than a majority of the guys getting paid in that league. He has better touch around the rim than most of the guys at that position in the NBA as well.

Goldenboy73
    Goldenboy73's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8768

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Not saying he’s going to be a top guy but he already has more sound fundamentals than a majority of the guys getting paid in that league. He has better touch around the rim than most of the guys at that position in the NBA as well.
    I see. So you certainly have an opinion based on what you've seen and probably have seen him 2 or 3 more views of him than me?

What I saw, and what I believed, was him not quick enough with his body movement? You say he's quick-footed? Okay, but moving that 6-10 body, so far, to me, is not quick enough to be very successful in the NBA.
    There lie the 7-2's and 7-3's who can get off the floor quicky and carry a ton of muscle with them while jumping.

Timme seems to be a little short when he'll have to go against these huge pros?
    And he hasn't proved to be a good three-shooter has he?

What do you believe was the reason for his pp showing in the first half last night?

BuckyOne
    BuckyOne's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19225

He looks mature for his age but, young guys that age can fill out a little, maybe, get a little stronger.

Pro game is just different - all about being physical - finishing in traffic

ABEHONEST

I did forget he was only a jr. Hmm, I may have this opinion a year too soon? But will he go this year? I say yes and take the loot.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Abe concentrate on a line screen not players

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Abe concentrate on a line screen not players
    Sound advice.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by ABEHONEST View Post
    I see. So you certainly have an opinion based on what you've seen and probably have seen him 2 or 3 more views of him than me?

What I saw, and what I believed, was him not quick enough with his body movement? You say he's quick-footed? Okay, but moving that 6-10 body, so far, to me, is not quick enough to be very successful in the NBA.
    There lie the 7-2's and 7-3's who can get off the floor quicky and carry a ton of muscle with them while jumping.

Timme seems to be a little short when he'll have to go against these huge pros?
    And he hasn't proved to be a good three-shooter has he?

What do you believe was the reason for his pp showing in the first half last night?
    First off he will most likely play the 4 second, lol “7’2” and 7’3” There’s what? Maybe 5 of those in the whole league that actually get minutes?

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    First off he will most likely play the 4 second, lol “7’2” and 7’3” There’s what? Maybe 5 of those in the whole league that actually get minutes?
    Now you are turning me into a "Doubting-Thomas?" If you don't get the 7-2's you'll almost, without a doubt, get a 6-11 who will be as athletic as the Devil? And that Devil is really agile.

JJ? Watching the line? My daddy-in-law sure worked on the RR-Line but lucky me, I never had to. And a workaholic he was along with being religious as that same Devil. What a man, and there will never be a better one than that old country fellow. Me, no, I didn't make the grade.

One more time, JJ ?
    * Add this for my other 2-cents. Does Timme not have a killer instinct?
    I do not like "my" teams celebrating after a win unless it is for the college championship. It has a bad look, like, too cocky or too over-confident?
    And my slender big-man is falling for it now, it seems? Timme's influence? I liked his disposition a lot better in te first dozen games. And since then, just what highly rated team have they played and beat?

ABEHONEST

And yes, I am guilty of "forgetting" he was a jr. But we all know, what, 90% or better, he's gone. And the publicity he has managed while averaging 18 pnts [now], I do not see the value as yet?
    Sorry Bulldogs, I hope you can win it all...but?

And his 3-pointer? Don't ask.

ABEHONEST

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyOne View Post
    He looks mature for his age but, young guys that age can fill out a little, maybe, get a little stronger.

Pro game is just different - all about being physical - finishing in traffic
    235, ain't too immature.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Absolutely a bust

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Timme doesn’t have a position in the NBA. He’s not even a tweener. Timme Definitely has McHale like footwork, but not McHale length. Timme probably can’t guard SFs on the perimeter nor bigs in the paint. He probably won’t even be a rotational player. He is looking like a Mark Madsen type floor and a Paul Millsaps type ceiling. Basically, Timme will be nothing special.

Doug tushyterror
    Doug tushyterror's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 412

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

yes a bust not athletic enough and plays below the rim. he’s listed at 6’10 but is always bending top half low giving up his height. there’s a reason garza was drafted 2nd round and he’s not as good as garza

ABEHONEST

Gee, 3 posts in a row that agrees with me on SBR? A record for me I'm sure.
    Yes, these other views have brought even more doubts he'll make any starting position, and yes, like someone said, what position?

We have seniors and juniors scoring with better pts a game higher than Timme's. Yes, I'm afraid like one sharp member stated, he's not better than Garza. Was Garza drafted as a senior?

ABEHONEST

And with Timme's clowning around and sporadic play, he's not ready and not yet mature enough, I do believe.
    And in my opinion, rather than take a chance of a serious injury, he'll glady take a few 100,000 or a 2 or 3 million to move on.
    Why would he want be back for another long year of college ball?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

with that said I could be very wrong some guys are very smart and continue to develop. I haven’t seen a ton of timme only last yr none this yr I just remember seeing his points always being around the basket I didn’t see mid range jumpers so I imagined he didn’t have that element to his game so really I haven’t seen enough of him he could be a lot better than I think

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

It would help a lot if he could shoot the 3. That's where the NBA gaming is going. If he can develop that, he can greatly increase his chances of not becoming a bust.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Slow, can't jump. Typical white guy

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Basically this guy.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366