beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Set the Line Djokovic playing the Aussie..

Here is the link for the hearing.Starts at 23:00
    GMT on Sunday…

https://www.fcfcoa.gov.au/gfl/courtlists/vic/melbourne

I am no lawyer and def not a lines maker

But from what Ive seen and read.On SBR and from
    Numerous articles I would make…

Deported…-227….Plays at +179…And I wouldnt be surprised if there actually is a line..If you see one let us know LOL..

What does the forum say…?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If they don't let him play who ever wins this year it's going to have an asterisk.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

+160

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

If he plays, I'd take him all the way down to pickem

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

If you look at the future market at Betfair, it looks like the market is expecting him to play.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is bigger than Aussie gov't

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

will be a short fav

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Will he be a fan fave or will folks turn on him?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Will he be a fan fave or will folks turn on him?
    definitely not be a fan fave if he plays

they would be booing him

Paddy K
    Paddy K's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20406

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post
    If you look at the future market at Betfair, it looks like the market is expecting him to play.
    I initially saw that but then read this on the market info:

If a player does not start a tournament then all bets on that player will be void.

Ha, I guess people are at least thinking that if he does play, this ordeal won't have much effect on his chances.

Pareto
    Pareto's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 52093

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy K View Post
    I initially saw that but then read this on the market info:

If a player does not start a tournament then all bets on that player will be void.

Ha, I guess people are at least thinking that if he does play, this ordeal won't have much effect on his chances.
    I already knew that when I made the post.

Odds still indicate that he is more likely to start than to sit. Odds would be lower on his competitors if there were 60-70% chance that he sits.

Imagine you have a 3-person race where:

- Person 1 has 50% chance to win,
    - Person 2 has 25% chance to win
    - Person 3 has 25% chance to win

In a perfect market the odds would be

Person 1: 2,0 (+100)
    Person 2: 4,0 (+300)
    Person 3: 4,0 (+300)

Now lets assume there is a 60 percent chance person 1 will miss the tournament. What should the odds be now (if we assume he is replaced with no one or someone with 0% chance to win)?

Person 1: Same odds. If he plays he has 50% chance to win. If he doesnt play bets are returned.
    Person 2: He now has 25% chance to win tournament if player 1 plays ( 0,4*4) + 50% chance to win if he sits ( 0,6*2). (0,4*4+0,6*2)
    = 2,8
    Person 3: Same as person 2

So the market goes from 100% to approx. 121%.

Right now the market for Mens australian winner is 112,7%

Thats lower than the market for womens winner which is 118,6%

And remember in that market you have about 70-80 players included that have zero chance of winning but they are still listed at +100000 odds because thats the highest you can get at Betfair.

So by looking at the market you wouldnt expect the big favourite among the men to miss out. The market does assume there is some chance that Djokovic doesnt play because the market for lay is 101,9%. Meaning if you sold all the players you would earn a guaranteed profit of a few percent if djokovic plays. On the womens market it is only 98,2%.

Paddy K
    Paddy K's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20406

Quote Originally Posted by Pareto View Post

I already knew that when I made the post.

Odds still indicate that he is more likely to start than to sit. Odds would be lower on his competitors if there were 60-70% chance that he sits.

Imagine you have a 3-person race where:

- Person 1 has 50% chance to win,
    - Person 2 has 25% chance to win
    - Person 3 has 25% chance to win

In a perfect market the odds would be

Person 1: 2,0 (+100)
    Person 2: 4,0 (+300)
    Person 3: 4,0 (+300)

Now lets assume there is a 60 percent chance person 1 will miss the tournament. What should the odds be now (if we assume he is replaced with no one or someone with 0% chance to win)?

Person 1: Same odds. If he plays he has 50% chance to win. If he doesnt play bets are returned.
    Person 2: He now has 25% chance to win tournament if player 1 plays ( 0,4*4) + 50% chance to win if he sits ( 0,6*2). (0,4*4+0,6*2)
    = 2,8
    Person 3: Same as person 2

So the market goes from 100% to approx. 121%.

Right now the market for Mens australian winner is 112,7%

Thats lower than the market for womens winner which is 118,6%

And remember in that market you have about 70-80 players included that have zero chance of winning but they are still listed at +100000 odds because thats the highest you can get at Betfair.

So by looking at the market you wouldnt expect the big favourite among the men to miss out. The market does assume there is some chance that Djokovic doesnt play because the market for lay is 101,9%. Meaning if you sold all the players you would earn a guaranteed profit of a few percent if djokovic plays. On the womens market it is only 98,2%.
    I'm back in my lane, good stuff!

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    definitely not be a fan fave if he plays

they would be booing him
    He loves when they boo him...This, alone, has probably won him an extra 3-7 Grand Slams...

I have seen so many times where he has not had the energy or to be sparked by the crowd against him, even if most of it was imaginary...
    He needs it.

Let me reemphasize --it's saved his ass many times...

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    He loves when they boo him...This, alone, has probably won him an extra 3-7 Grand Slams...

I have seen so many times where he has not had the energy or to be sparked by the crowd against him, even if most of it was imaginary...
    He needs it.

Let me reemphasize --it's saved his ass many times...
    Yeah but this is a little different this time. Crowd would not be booing because they want Federer, or whoever he was playing, to win but because they'll be sick and tired of his — behavior. That's a difference, let alone all spectators will have to be vaxxed while he doesn't.

A fukking useless guy who plays tennis should not be above the law of an entire nation. Whether you are pro or against the vaxx that's besides the point. How can you take a fukking country seriously that cannot enforce its laws against a fukking tennis player?
    Last edited by shari91; 01-09-22 at 06:41 PM.

Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Yeah but this is a little different this time. Crowd would not be booing because they want Federer, or whoever he was playing, to win but because they'll be sick and tired of his — behavior. That's a difference, let alone all spectators will have to be vaxxed while he doesn't.

A fukking useless guy who plays tennis should not be above the law of an entire nation. Whether you are pro or against the vaxx that's besides the point. How can you take a fukking country seriously that cannot enforce its laws against a fukking tennis player?
    Im pretty anti mandate, but I don't mind this take...