risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

NFL playoff #6 seeded teams.

In the last 20 years of wildcard action, #6 seeded playoff teams have been winning SU at 45%....18-22

That being said it’s been 4 years since both #6 teams lost.

Are we due for a goose egg?

Some popular teams landed in that sweet spot this year.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I really like the niners to cover. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Niners won straight up.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2120

#6 seed is a little different now as only #1 seed gets a bye rather than #1 and #2 get the bye. Thus, now #6 v. #3 rather than before it was #6 v. #4. So based on seeding, it's harder for #6 to win the wildcard games.
    Points Awarded:

risKingDigits gave Headsterx 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    #6 seed is a little different now as only #1 seed gets a bye rather than #1 and #2 get the bye. Thus, now #6 v. #3 rather than before it was #6 v. #4. So based on seeding, it's harder for #6 to win the wildcard games.
    I don’t see how you get a 4 seed versus 6 seed in any first round bracket whether its a total of 6 or 7 seeds. Seems like 4 would play 5 in most scenarios.

risKingDigits
    risKingDigits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1972

In wild card round it is always 3 vs 6, however we now have a couple 2 vs 7 that potentially can steal some thunder away from the 6’s tremendous run.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2120

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    I don’t see how you get a 4 seed versus 6 seed in any first round bracket whether its a total of 6 or 7 seeds. Seems like 4 would play 5 in most scenarios.
    Ah ok, my mistake.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Ah ok, my mistake.
    No problem Headsterx. You gave great information I just couldn’t wrap my head around the 4 and 6 seeds playing each other. But I get that it all changes with one bye versus 2. I think the NFL goes back to 2 byes as soon as next season. Too many injuries/Covid this year to have a healthy playoff field. Plus the 7 seeds are probably not going to be competitive this year do might as well make sure the 2 seed is healthy for the anticipated matchup against number 1. 1 versus 2 championship games are normally very hyped versus a team sneaking in from the bottom.