OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

@ Mike Huntertz HOTTEST Avatar in forum if i had nurse looking that hot i never leave the doctors office

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51461

As usual whenever you make a controversial call such as this or going for a risky 4th down, everyone will be calling for your head when it goes badly.

People need to stop being so resultist - if they had made it, would the same people be praising him for making such a genius call? And/or would they be saying "of course you go for it, their defense is terrible, why risk overtime?"

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Harbaugh has always been a conservative style coach... Lamar has been playing like sh#$ and you allow him to put the game in his hands on one play?? I could careless if your CB's were hurt.... there's 11 men on that field... it's a team effort... give yourself a chance to win in OT.

Seems like there were "vegas" reasons to go for 2 points and the win/lose situation. That's not a typical Harbaugh style move.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Harbaugh has always been a conservative style coach... Lamar has been playing like sh#$ and you allow him to put the game in his hands on one play?? I could careless if your CB's were hurt.... there's 11 men on that field... it's a team effort... give yourself a chance to win in OT.

Seems like there were "vegas" reasons to go for 2 points and the win/lose situation. That's not a typical Harbaugh style move.
    It actually is a typical harbaugh style move. Did you not watch the game against Kansas City ??

He goes for it on 4th down a lot in questionable situations and usually does well

Wecryout
    Wecryout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2722

Quote Originally Posted by jibbby View Post
    black qb's in the nfl can't throw the ball accurately. This is why lamar jackson and teddy bridgewater failed miserably this weekend. Can't trust them to throw the pigskin in the crunch and deliver. Int machines or incomplete passes is what we saw. Only good for running the ball.
    -----------this

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 162

They did it again lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

John Hardballs!! I'll give him that much, he goes for it and gambles but loses again. LOL.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11292

That was so dumb. Even if they made it, 43 seconds is plenty of time for Rogers to score field goal.

TheMoneyShot

Deflating if you're busting your ass on defense... and have nothing to show for it. Your offense fukks everything up by going for 2. Harbaugh is an idiot. Let fate... luck whatever decide (on the coin toss in OT...) stop going for 2. Dumb ass.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Harbough is just giving games away now. Everyone knows the Ravens are going for it now. The Ravens are turning into Presbyterian College.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

You go for 2 if it's a guaranteed winner with less than 10 seconds in the game but with 43 seconds, that was a retarded move.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Harbough is just giving games away now. Everyone knows the Ravens are going for it now. The Ravens are turning into Presbyterian College.
    Steelers do the same thing. Steelers usually connect though.

With a back up QB I would not have gone for it in that spot tonight. Not a smart play IMO. At home and the defense was playing well, I think you take the 1 point FG in that situation and roll the dice in OT.
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 12-19-21 at 06:55 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

You kick the XP and give the ball back to Rogers with 40+ seconds left and he goes right down the field like he's been doing all game and beats you with a Field Goal.

The 2 point conversion makes some sense in this one.
    Points Awarded:

seaborneq gave Kermit 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    You kick the XP and give the ball back to Rogers with 40+ seconds left and he goes right down the field like he's been doing all game and beats you with a Field Goal.

ARodg has 40+ seconds regardless if the 2pt conversion is successful. He just kneels if the ravens don’t make it. Game over. Gunshot or 1000 cuts. The ravens are choosing the electric chair.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Defense was rushing AR like crazy and he was getting rattled in the last Packers drive. GB was out of time outs also or just had one?

Ravens defense was jacked up at home. Not sure the Packers would have got that game winning FG with no time on the clock at the end of regulation.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

it made zero sense because even if you made it, you're stuck in the same dilemma with 43 seconds left. But because you missed the two pointer, its game over.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    it made zero sense because even if you made it, you're stuck in the same dilemma with 43 seconds left. But because you missed the two pointer, its game over.
    Yeah, that's true. I was hoping they would have kicked the Extra Point(or at least scored the 2 points) because I had Rogers over 274.5 yards + throw over 2.5 TD. Came up 7 yards short.

wombat
    wombat's Avatar SBR PRO

Also couple the fact that Huntley was getting hot and led his team down the field with no problems. I would have trusted him in overtime against that Packers defense. Just a terrible coaching move two weeks in a row now for Harbaugh.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    @ Mike Huntertz HOTTEST Avatar in forum if i had nurse looking that hot i never leave the doctors office
    dude. its a dude.

Smokey McPot
    Smokey McPot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3863

Didn’t Brock tell us a few weeks ago the Raven offense was and would be absolutely nothing without Jackson?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

I woulda went for 2 here, but it’s debatable. They did just get an onside kick against Cleveland. They were almost 10 point dogs. Try to end it quicker if you got the worse team, that’s how I’ve always seen it.

ARCHIVADO98
    Elon F...... Musk
    ARCHIVADO98's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 43

I love this team

Lamar for MVP please

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    I woulda went for 2 here, but it’s debatable. They did just get an onside kick against Cleveland. They were almost 10 point dogs. Try to end it quicker if you got the worse team, that’s how I’ve always seen it.
    I agree with going for 2... if it's near automatic. Like you are damn near sure 100% that this play is going to work! Like some coordinator catches GB vulnerable at a position etc. Harbaugh's idea of going for 2.... every day... lol just sick.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    dude. its a dude.

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

This go for it on 4th/2 pt conversion thing is out of control. I think we all wanted to see NFL teams take a few chances on 4th down, but this 4th and goal from the 5 shit? I don't care what you think your analytics tell you: you're wrong. Look at the Presbyterian guy. How did his analytics work out for him?

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Because he wanted to force gb to go for field goal to beat him on lastx52 seconds....

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    Because he wanted to force gb to go for field goal to beat him on lastx52 seconds....
    I get that. But what if you DON'T MAKE IT? I'd rather put Tucker out there... and hope Rodgers has an off series. And let fate decide things in OT. Rodgers makes mistakes too... we all do.

It's like everyone has the "gamblers mentality" in the NFL.... yeah... well... we never think of losing... do we??

You owe it to your team.... to PLAY AS 1... (simple fundamentals) and so far... he hasn't won sh#$ by going for 2.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

I guess he felt huntley vs rodgers in OT wasnt in his favor but they would have been tied after 4 qtrs so who knows wut would have happened in OT, maybe they would have won
    Last edited by jtoler; 12-20-21 at 09:21 AM.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

I think Baltimore misses the playoffs. Harbaugh trying to draw green bay offsides, then the timeout and sticking with that decision. Awful
    9-8 no playoffs

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Only shit teams go for two to avoid OT. This decision happening every time in these situations with the best kicker in the league just means Harbaugh doesn't trust his team

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by OldBill View Post
    Hahah, Ya, she does it for me too.
    Kinda goes with my handle.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I guess he felt huntley vs rodgers in OT wasnt in his favor but they would have been tied after 4 qtrs so who knows wut would have happened in OT, maybe they would have won
    Bingo. I usually question the 2pt call in these situations but not this time.
    Vaxxed or unvaxxed Rodgers would have won the game last night.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

You guys are arguing about the wrong thing. The decision to go for two was correct

The play that was called was pathetic and had no chance. OC Greg Roman needs to do much much much better

OldBill
    OldBill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5246

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Bingo. I usually question the 2pt call in these situations but not this time.
    Vaxxed or unvaxxed Rodgers would have won the game last night.
    please never lose your avatar dayummmmmm i got woody again lol

First 12