ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13730

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Hey Chucky I never got my pizza from 5 years ago pal
    Haha. Guess I need to work on my rep. I swear there were pts on there, sometimes the clerk doesn't know how to process.

Just to show u I'm a square guy, I'd like to send you a $20 Pizza coupon I picked out for you.

BTW, wtf is up w/ the SBR store? These pts are just useless now?

ChuckyTheGoat

Jerky, check your PMs.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5563

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Haha. Guess I need to work on my rep. I swear there were pts on there, sometimes the clerk doesn't know how to process.

Just to show u I'm a square guy, I'd like to send you a $20 Pizza coupon I picked out for you.

BTW, wtf is up w/ the SBR store? These pts are just useless now?
    We gotta be patient with SBR regarding the points. I owe ArunSh about 400 points I believe & I’m definitely still obligated to pay it back regardless. So yeah I’m negative points actually lol, so the posters who have 10’s of thousands of betpoints I can understand their concern & frustration. The coupon would be great my son & I love pizza & that is very generous of you ! Thanks brother ….

ChuckyTheGoat

OK, awesome, Jerky. I hope it works this time!

I'm gonna try to hook up Johnny in a similar manner. He's been a nice addition to board. Maybe too young to be jaded like some of us, LOL.

I'm big on Reputation. My stance is pretty basic:
    *Takes a lifetime to build a reputation.
    *Takes two minutes to destroy a reputation.

ChuckyTheGoat

Salud, Jerky. Hope u enjoy it.

I hear you. Willpower is very tough. Best wishes.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5563

OK, awesome, Jerky. I hope it works this time!

I'm gonna try to hook up Johnny in a similar manner. He's been a nice addition to board. Maybe too young to be jaded like some of us, LOL.

I'm big on Reputation. My stance is pretty basic:
    *Takes a lifetime to build a reputation.
    *Takes two minutes to destroy a reputation.
    Truest words ever said.

Chief Wahoo
    Chief Wahoo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10197

Purdue did show up. Their problem was so did Ohio State. This was laughable. I predict he'll post msu and um ml next two weeks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually. He needs to stick with handicapping his wolverines.

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    johnny what happened? Purdue didn't show up.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    Purdue did show up. Their problem was so did Ohio State. This was laughable. I predict he'll post msu and um ml next two weeks. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut eventually. He needs to stick with handicapping his wolverines.
    Happy holidays, Chief. Hope all is good:

Chief Wahoo

I'd prefer a picture of zeke, but I appreciate the thought nevertheless. Congrats on your Badgers! Amazing comeback on the season. Can you finish it off?

Happy holidays, Chief. Hope all is good:

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
    I'd prefer a picture of zeke, but I appreciate the thought nevertheless. Congrats on your Badgers! Amazing comeback on the season. Can you finish it off?
    Hi, Chief. When I think of IThomas...1st thing that comes to mind is the 3rd qtr performance vs the Lakers on one ankle.

Wow. It's one thing to perform vs world-class athletes. To do it when you're clearly inhibited...and to inspire your teammates...that's another level.

Chief Wahoo

That was the game Kareem traveled but they called laimbeer with the phantom foul instead. Chucky, always have had high regard for you but you lost me with your love affair with John Stockton that's buried in one of these threads somewhere.

Hi, Chief. When I think of IThomas...1st thing that comes to mind is the 3rd qtr performance vs the Lakers on one ankle.

Wow. It's one thing to perform vs world-class athletes. To do it when you're clearly inhibited...and to inspire your teammates...that's another level.

ChuckyTheGoat

Chief, I have my reasons for saying that. At my core, I'm a Stats guy. Start with the Leaderboard on Assists and Steals, and Stockton has to be on the Pt Guard short-list.

I heard Magic Johnson talk about Stockton vs Isiah. Magic was great, but he shouldn't be talking about player evaluation. He's not a GM.

Magic's opinion was that Isiah was much better b/c he was more explosive and capable of going on a scoring run. Sure, but that's not the full job description for a point-guard.

Also, I hate any argument about "great players win rings." Stockton/KMalone/Hornacek rate very high on the NBA Win Share charts. The efficiency and consistency was something to see.

When I think of the Piston teams, the talent and drive was great. What I really think of, though, was how strong the Bench was. Vinnie Johnson, Salley, Aguirre (or Rodman), James Edwards. I loved the Microwave.

My favorite Chuck Daly story was Aguirre losing playing time to Rodman. Aguirre went into Chuck's office postgame and complained about his minutes. Daly KNEW that Rodman was busting his ass and outworking Aguirre. Chuck opens the adjacent door:

*He knew Rodman would be on the stationary bike. CHUCK: "I'm not your problem. He (Rodman) is your problem."

Chief Wahoo

Did you watch isiah and stockton head to head? Zeke smoked him. I have never been all about stats. Otherwise, I get into Cal Ripken arguments. You and I definitely have a different opinion of those Jazz players. This one to me though is not close. He was a better defender, great distabutor and play maker so not sure what you're alluding to "not the full job description for a point guard". I understand about magic and gm but this is different as he's actually playing against both and when you're on the court it's not hard to know what opponent is better than the other. Are you a rabid Jazz fan?

First 12