Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...crash-2470417/

Reading this article, all I could think of was what a Highway Patrol Officer told my Senior class. He said at 10pm, 10% of the people on the road are legally drunk. At Midnight, 30% of the people on the road are legally drunk. At 3am, nearly half the people on the road are legally drunk. He then said, the easiest thing you can do to stay out of trouble is get off the streets before nightfall.

I think Chris Rock or some other comedian once said that nothing good happens after 2am. That stores should close and you shouldn't be able to access an ATM. As soon as you go to the ATM, there should be a voice saying... "Come on man".
    Points Awarded:

DwightShrute gave Mac4Lyfe 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DwightShrute

Stryder
    Stryder's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    "gimme a liter of Cola"

"a what lol"

"A LITER OF COLA"

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8441

LAS VEGAS -- Former Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III is facing two additional felony charges as well as a misdemeanor following his involvement in a fiery car crash early Tuesday morning that left a 23-year-old woman and her dog dead and Ruggs and his girlfriend injured, according to court records.

Ruggs, 22, initially faced being charged with felony driving under the influence resulting in death and reckless driving after prosecutors said he was driving 156 mph and had a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit in the state of Nevada.

Prosecutors now have decided to charge Ruggs with additional felony counts of DUI and reckless driving due to the injuries suffered by his passenger, girlfriend Kiara Je'nai Kilgo-Washington, who also goes by Rudy Washington. The misdemeanor charge is possession of a firearm while under the influence, stemming from a loaded gun found in Ruggs' car at the scene.

The additional charges were first reported by TMZ.

MoneylineExpress
    MoneylineExpress's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 865

This was an horrific event. This young girl and her dog were at the wrong place at the wrong time, and from the sounds of it, she burned alive. Ruggs was living in his own fantasy, and it has come to an end in a flash. No execuses. Driving 154 mph on resedential street is beyond reckless, it's lethal with no concern of others. The video of him and his girlfriend sobbing on the street tells me that this guy has realized he has just blown everything (career, money, family) with no remorse for the girl burning in the car. They need to drop the hammer on him.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    LAS VEGAS -- Former Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III is facing two additional felony charges as well as a misdemeanor following his involvement in a fiery car crash early Tuesday morning that left a 23-year-old woman and her dog dead and Ruggs and his girlfriend injured, according to court records.

Ruggs, 22, initially faced being charged with felony driving under the influence resulting in death and reckless driving after prosecutors said he was driving 156 mph and had a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit in the state of Nevada.

Prosecutors now have decided to charge Ruggs with additional felony counts of DUI and reckless driving due to the injuries suffered by his passenger, girlfriend Kiara Je'nai Kilgo-Washington, who also goes by Rudy Washington. The misdemeanor charge is possession of a firearm while under the influence, stemming from a loaded gun found in Ruggs' car at the scene.

The additional charges were first reported by TMZ.
    The news just keeps getting better for Ruggs. Amazing!!

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8441

...in a 2021 case in which he's accused of killing a woman in a car crash, per ESPN’s Elizabeth Merrill and Anthony Olivieri. According to a plea agreement presented Tuesday in Las Vegas justice court, Ruggs will serve three to 10 years in the Nevada state prison. The case now moves to the 8th Judicial District Court for a May 10 hearing, when he is expected to formally plead guilty.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 848

Ruggs to serve 5-6 and will be out in time for his 30th birthday.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Absolutely no f'n reason to get behind the wheel when you're fukked up.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    If this is the case…white privilege for a black guy…anyone else 25 years minimum

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Sent a poor girl to a horrible death and then gets a slap on the wrist. Ruggs deserved the electric chair.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Sent a poor girl to a horrible death and then gets a slap on the wrist. Ruggs deserved the electric chair.
    Remember that Ruggs is the guy who DCarr went out of his way to feel bad for. After the guy committed an inhumane act.

If Ruggs is remorseful, props to him. Just that someone has to take more precaution.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

We need stricter laws in this country. Only way to stop stupid people. Eye for an eye law

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3483

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Remember that Ruggs is the guy who DCarr went out of his way to feel bad for. After the guy committed an inhumane act.

If Ruggs is remorseful, props to him. Just that someone has to take more precaution.
    To be honest mate I couldn't give a toss about Derek Carr. This guy is thinking solely about himself.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    If this is the case…white privilege for a black guy…anyone else 25 years minimum
    High powered lawyers but yes- he’s going to serve 5-6 max. I’m a hard liner here… I think what he did is one of the worst crimes I can recall, intoxicated or not. No way in hell I accept a plea deal here. Particularly when he resisted arrest, acted like a jerk in jail and his fiancé refused to even talk to the police.

I drove by the area a couple days after the crash and the road was marked up from the cops, burning gas and still smelled like death. Road still stained… An awful way to die. Maybe the worst way. Trapped and screaming in a burning car while he sat there.
    Last edited by mjsuax13; 05-03-23 at 11:42 PM.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    You are not lying. I think about that young girl with her entire life ahead of her. I don’t really get the sense there is much remorse on his end. Regardless of how people feel about Las Vegas or what they think of Las Vegas, this is my community and it’s a small community of good people mostly. She was one of them and Ruggs really seemed to be a spoiled brat who was more concerned about his career ending than the life lost. Young life wasted all the way around.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    We need stricter laws in this country. Only way to stop stupid people. Eye for an eye law
    Absolutely. There isn’t much fear of law, consequences, god, etc… it’s a free for all

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

You are not lying. I think about that young girl with her entire life ahead of her. I don’t really get the sense there is much remorse on his end. Regardless of how people feel about Las Vegas or what they think of Las Vegas, this is my community and it’s a small community of good people mostly. She was one of them and Ruggs really seemed to be a spoiled brat who was more concerned about his career ending than the life lost. Young life wasted all the way around.
    I lived out there for 11 years and "mostly" is probably not accurate. There are some good folks out there but quite a few sleazebags as well. Not to mention the past 5-10 years, crime has seemingly gone way up.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I lived out there for 11 years and "mostly" is probably not accurate. There are some good folks out there but quite a few sleazebags as well. Not to mention the past 5-10 years, crime has seemingly gone way up.
    I don’t have any problems in Summerlin and only am around normal humans. Can’t speak for your experience. I deal with charitable, stable, middle class/upper middle class/wealthy folks. I also think there are scumbags everywhere frankly. I knew more hustlers in Arizona. Also, the entire United States of America is a crime infested shit show today. We are on the decline.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

I don’t have any problems in Summerlin and only am around normal humans. Can’t speak for your experience. I deal with charitable, stable, middle class/upper middle class/wealthy folks. I also think there are scumbags everywhere frankly. I knew more hustlers in Arizona. Also, the entire United States of America is a crime infested shit show today. We are on the decline.
    I lived in Henderson in some nice areas. If you are mostly dealing with wealthy folks, of course you are going to deal with less riff raff. Let's be honest though, Vegas attracts a sleazy element. Agreed that there are scumbags everywhere but even more so in Vegas...just my .02

Absolutely agree that the entire country is on the decline...sad state of affairs.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I lived in Henderson in some nice areas. If you are mostly dealing with wealthy folks, of course you are going to deal with less riff raff. Let's be honest though, Vegas attracts a sleazy element. Agreed that there are scumbags everywhere but even more so in Vegas...just my .02

Absolutely agree that the entire country is on the decline...sad state of affairs.
    For sure Vegas attracts every type of scumbag. Phoenix and Arizona was more real estate type scammers and people running from their midwestern/East coast problems, Vegas more LA and Bay Area riff raff, hookers, fast cash types. Smaller type scammers. The most noticeable thing for me in Vegas are the old degen types that have never figured life out.

First ... 2345