so much for good kharma

hes getting 2 season tickets for 2 years
    mike evans game worn cleats and signature
    tom brady signed jerseys
    i think another game ball signed

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

C'mon with these jerseys and stuff. The guy's not 9 years old.

Brady should give him $10,000. Like a penny for the rest of the world.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by SamsNCharge99 View Post
    He got some things but still not nearly of value

so much for good kharma

hes getting 2 season tickets for 2 years
    mike evans game worn cleats and signature
    tom brady signed jerseys
    i think another game ball signed
    Keep the good gesture signed souvenirs and free tickets and SHOW ME THE MONEY!

thinwhiteduke
    thinwhiteduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Oh I'm not asking is it a big deal. It apparently was. I'm asking why is it a big deal.

It didn't break any records, and it isn't a traditionally special number for something like 100 or 1000, so you're just left with the ball used in TD pass number 600, as opposed to 599 or 601. Idiot.
    Because 6 is significant to them. The clock stopped at 6 seconds on that TD as well.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

No matter how you spin it, it's a major fail for that fan that was absolutely handed and given that football.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    It’s Florida. He would have gotten murdered in the concourse
    haha yeah 65,000 sets of Hillsborough County eyes on him

he would have been shark bait

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Brady just said he gave him a Bitcoin

So he got a little cash too

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Why would you keep a piece of leather ball for yourself when it means nothing to you? He did the right thing. It's Brady's accomplishement and not his.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave pavyracer 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This kid a hero

thinwhiteduke
    thinwhiteduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 855

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Why would you keep a piece of leather ball for yourself when it means nothing to you? He did the right thing. It's Brady's accomplishement and not his.
    Lol it's not even Brady's accomplishment.
    The league decided his every game.
    They let him throw TDs

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Brady too cheap to give the guy money
    Gave him $62,000

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Gave him $62,000
    Does he have to pay taxes for it if it's a gift?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    haha yeah 65,000 sets of Hillsborough County eyes on him

he would have been shark bait
    Bro the equipment manager probably was like “look that ball you’re holding is worth more than your whole life. And speaking of your life, if you want to get out of this stadium with your life, just give me the fukking ball, we’ll get it figured out later”

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

A lot of broke dicks at SBR. They would never be so lucky because they can't afford a ticket/seat in the first place. Idiots would have Brady's signature ball next to their 4 point deer antlers in their trailer like it was their accomplishment.

He got bitcoin, seats to games for the next 2 years, signed jerseys, pictures with Brady and Evans. Those items may well be worth more than the ball 20 years from now. I bet 1 BTC will be worth more than that ball 20 years from now.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

why would you keep posting here when your posts mean nothing to anyone here but simple Mac ??!?!?!?!?

sad

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Do not make money your God

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 805

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    A lot of broke dicks at SBR. They would never be so lucky because they can't afford a ticket/seat in the first place. Idiots would have Brady's signature ball next to their 4 point deer antlers in their trailer like it was their accomplishment.

He got bitcoin, seats to games for the next 2 years, signed jerseys, pictures with Brady and Evans. Those items may well be worth more than the ball 20 years from now. I bet 1 BTC will be worth more than that ball 20 years from now.
    Deer antlers… bahaahaahahah

I tend to agree giving the ball back was the right thing. Granted- he could have made a ton of money. In that moment he had no clue. Most people would have done the same. Looks like it worked out for both parties.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by mjsuax13 View Post
    Deer antlers… bahaahaahahah
    I tend to agree giving the ball back was the right thing. Granted- he could have made a ton of money. In that moment he had no clue. Most people would have done the same. Looks like it worked out for both parties.
    He definitely did the right thing. and He could still make a ton of money. I believe they said he got 4 signed jerseys. 2 of Brady and 2 of Evans. 2 of them game worn. What can the game worn jerseys of those 2 on Brady's 600th fetch? Plus he most likely had videos and pics of the encounters? Those jerseys could be worth millions years later. Michael Jordan's game worn rookie shoe just went for $1.74 million. Those could end up being worth more than the ball IMO. The box seats are probably worth $30k - 40k. How many times will he see Brady's family in those suites every game the next 2 years? How many more photos and paraphernalia will he accumulate just hanging in those suites? How much for the BTC 5 years from now?

It definitely worked out for both parties. No need to be a first class dick and act like the ball was his. The relationships he'll make may end up worth much more than that ball. Money isn't everything. Access is worth a lot more.

Mac4Lyfe

I'm sure he's probably doing a few TV shows this week as well. The guy just became the most popular guy at his high school.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

He definitely did the right thing. and He could still make a ton of money. I believe they said he got 4 signed jerseys. 2 of Brady and 2 of Evans. 2 of them game worn. What can the game worn jerseys of those 2 on Brady's 600th fetch? Plus he most likely had videos and pics of the encounters? Those jerseys could be worth millions years later. Michael Jordan's game worn rookie shoe just went for $1.74 million. Those could end up being worth more than the ball IMO. The box seats are probably worth $30k - 40k. How many times will he see Brady's family in those suites every game the next 2 years? How many more photos and paraphernalia will he accumulate just hanging in those suites? How much for the BTC 5 years from now?

It definitely worked out for both parties. No need to be a first class dick and act like the ball was his. The relationships he'll make may end up worth much more than that ball. Money isn't everything. Access is worth a lot more.
    True..so true he will be happy about this decision later in life I'm sure.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 805

Mac, agree. I’m not big on holding onto other’s accomplishments, I pursue my own. I know you are a guy who has done quite a bit in life as well. Access = opportunity. You nailed my life story.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mjsuax13 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

He was clearly given the ball, it was his ball not Tom Brady's.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    True..so true he will be happy about this decision later in life I'm sure.
    This guy is leading a baller life right now. Probably getting invited to every late night show in Hollywood, being a host at local parties, friends and family calling him a hero. He'll be an urban legend in Tampa Bay. Probably get free drinks at his local pub. He is on cloud 9 right now and will be rewarded $ on top of it all.

Versus being a surly, jerk, get off my lawn guy taking his ball and running. He would have been the worlds biggest rat if he took off with that ball. Some would have called him a thief. Others just an immoral prick. He would have probably been worst than Bartman. Guys life would have been ruined.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33062

Tom Brady says he gave Buccaneers fan a Bitcoin to repay him for giving up ball from 600th career TD pass

'I think he's making out pretty well,' Brady said

Byron Kennedy is now something of a local legend in Tampa after this weekend, getting and then giving back the ball from Tom Brady's 600th career touchdown pass. The Buccaneers have reportedly agreed to give Kennedy, 29, a package including season tickets and autographed memorabilia in exchange for the ball he originally got from a celebratory Mike Evans. But Brady insisted on "Monday Night Football" with Peyton and Eli Manning that he's chipping in by gifting Kennedy a Bitcoin.
    "Byron lost all his leverage when he gave up the ball," Brady joked with the Manning brothers. "He should've held it. ... (But) I'm also giving him a Bitcoin, so at the end of the day, I think he's making out pretty well."
    Valued at just under $63,000, the digital currency would mark one of the biggest prizes Kennedy has received in exchange for granting the Bucs' abrupt game-day request. The team has already committed to giving him two signed jerseys and a signed helmet from Brady, a signed Mike Evans jersey as well as the wide receiver's game cleats, plus a $1,000 credit to the Buccaneers store and season tickets for the remainder of 2021 and all of 2022.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave mr. leisure 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Fail...

I lived right down the street from you in the Marina. One of my neighbors (Ocean Front and Mast) used to have 1, 2 even 3 beautiful women on his arms most weekends. It was unreal. I would see him coming and going with women all the time. One day I asked him. What the hell. How are you pulling these beautiful women. He told me. He was the lawyer representing Hugh Hefner, Bob Guccione and Larry Flynt back in the day when they were getting backlash and were even called to testify in congress. Many years later they never forgot and would throw him bones most weekends.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Indian giver..

Fan deserved that football. It was rightfully his by ownership once the player handed him the ball and let it go.

He got robbed, I demand justice!! .

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

I read the nfl wouldn’t have authenticated it if he didn’t give it back

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

GUY recieved
    1 bitcoin from Tom Brady
    Signed jerseys(2) and helmet with pics
    Signed jersey and cleats from Evans game used
    1000.00 is Team Store credit
    2 years of season tickets box seats. X2
    And a lifetime of memories guy went to game empty handed and came out strong ..

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

He could have taken $500,000 and instead took one night with:

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Bro not everything is black and white sometimes not being a douche will get him lifelong perks

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    GUY recieved
    1 bitcoin from Tom Brady
    Signed jerseys(2) and helmet with pics
    Signed jersey and cleats from Evans game used
    1000.00 is Team Store credit
    2 years of season tickets box seats. X2
    And a lifetime of memories guy went to game empty handed and came out strong ..
    Ball was worth $500,000. He got robbed.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8393

Machba
    2X POTM JAN 2022 SEPT 2022
    Machba's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3136

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    GREAT TRADE

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6446

Ball was worth $500,000. He got robbed.
    What do you think those signed jerseys will be worth a few years down the road? Much less the BTC. Harry's right, something to be said for going through life not being a douchebag. At the end of the day if the fan's happy fuk everyone else with their unsolicited opinions.

Side note: $500,000 value ain't $500,000 cash in pocket. Auction houses routinely take ~30%, then taxes on top of that. He came out ok. Better than when he showed up.

First 1234 Last