So how is LaLa Land these days?
    Ghost alert. RX, cappermall troll.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Do you even watch football, bro?
    Yes. I watch plenty and have seen coaches line up and punch it in there many times over the years as opposed to taking a knee and end it. Currently 25-14-2 ATS, what is your record on posted plays?

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    +7 doesn't win. 6.5 was the prevailing and closing line. I think that's what they had in mind as the line for the game and absolutely that's why they went for 2.
    thank you for explaining this for me lol it was obvious why they went for 2 there. they knew it was a very high chance they dont get the ball back anyway so why not buck the spread. very petty of them but hey, its all good

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    thank you for explaining this for me lol it was obvious why they went for 2 there. they knew it was a very high chance they dont get the ball back anyway so why not buck the spread. very petty of them but hey, its all good
    Lol. Cmon man. Going for 2 had nothing to do with wanting to just cover. Damn, it’s almost like nobody knows what’s going on these days.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    Lol. Cmon man. Going for 2 had nothing to do with wanting to just cover. Damn, it’s almost like nobody knows what’s going on these days.
    im speaking from a very salty perspective cause i had the -6 lol dont read too deep into what im saying man. relax

vitterd
    vitterd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3673

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    im speaking from a very salty perspective cause i had the -6 lol dont read too deep into what im saying man. relax
    I’m relaxed and I realize I was lucky to get an Eagles cover. Sometimes the wrong team gets the money.

xViperxX
    xViperxX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by semibluff View Post
    The Eagles were correct to go for 2 on their last TD. The math on the 2 point conversion goes something like this - You're down 14 points with not long left in the 4th quarter. You need to score 2 TDs and have the other team not score. If that doesn't happen it doesn't matter what you do. If it does happen it comes down to math & game theory.

Q) If the average chance of kicking the XP is 100% and the average change of converting the 2 point conversion is 38.2% which action gives you the best chance of winning?

Kicking XPs will give you a 0% chance of winning in regulation, a 0% chance of losing in regulation and a 100% chance of going to OT.

The alternative strategy is to go for 2 points on the 1st attempt and if you make it kick the 2nd XP. If you fail the 1st attempt you attempt it again on the 2nd TD. This strategy will result in you winning by 1 point in regulation 38.2% of the time, you will lose by 2 points in regulation 38.2% of the time, and you will got to OT 23.6% of the time.

Teams are less than 100% on XPs and they are generally better than 38.2% on 2 point conversions. Thus they are better off going for 2 points in this specific situation. Essentially they are gambling away the chance to lose by 1 point for extra for additional chances to win. Over the long run the team would score fewer total points by going for 2 if they have a conversionm rate of between 38.2% and 50% but they would have a higher winning %.
    Ya none of that math actually ended up mattering. Going for two will not make a damn bit of difference if the other team is better.

JayDr3am
    Handi

Quote Originally Posted by vitterd View Post
    I’m relaxed and I realize I was lucky to get an Eagles cover. Sometimes the wrong team gets the money.
    im glad we can both cover v

super mario 48
    super mario 48's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 238

Quote Originally Posted by xViperxX View Post
    Ya none of that math actually ended up mattering. Going for two will not make a damn bit of difference if the other team is better.
    This must be Pete CARRLOL

First ... 2345